Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

Once I have all my parts (I'm also replacing the led's and bubbles since I'm already taking these things apart and am getting more and more comfortable), I'll post pictures and process notes to hopefully help other people repairing or modding theirs.

Oh please do, and if you like, I can even add your story/images into the first two posts for easy access.

One of my shoes has died.

Haven't had them out of the box for about a month.

One was dead. Put them on charge and they were lighting up. Few hours later and only the bubble is lighting up now....

One was dead. Put them on charge and they were lighting up. Few hours later and only the bubble is lighting up now....

Sorry to hear. If it is only the LEDs that light, it might be the inverter that has failed. I believe this is part of the board in behind the buckle.

hmmmm. Did you leave them on while plugged in?

Does that matter? I have done that heaps of times with my display pair.
I don't think it's too good on the electronics. Outlets use AC and batteries use DC. I don't know 100% if the outlet current is bypassing or flowing through the batteries while plugged in. I know I've had other LED's burn out over time while plugged into outlets.

I don't think it's too good on the electronics. Outlets use AC and batteries use DC. I don't know 100% if the outlet current is bypassing or flowing through the batteries while plugged in. I know I've had other LED's burn out over time while plugged into outlets.

this is true
general rule is to not let them on while charging

There was a thing on TV about not leaving rechargeable stuff plugged in as it could start a fire. I know that my hand held LED light gets really hot when left in the cradle. So that would be my first thought and why I don't leave these on charge over night or when I am not in the same room.

As for the power, it should be converting AC to DC in the charger and shoes should only be getting 5V/2A DC from the wall supply (in Australia, we have 240V/10amp at 50Hz where in the US it is 110V/60Hz). As I didn't get a charger with either pair, I use a dual USB to DC charge leads and have the DC to 0.7mm adapters on the ends of those. My dual USB outlet is also part of an expensive THOR power filter, so I'm sure it is pretty clean power anyway.

Mine have always turnt on and off whilst charging. Since I got them. Both shoes do it. You can turn them off but they turn back on.

On off on off every few mins

Have there been other revisions since the V3.1? If not, then V3.2.

he may have gotten a pair from profsneaks
my pair also blinks when charging to indicate they are charging
when charge is complete
they stop blinking
i swapped the boards with some new ones i got from wizardbttf

but in this case the lights blinking will not affect the batteries as they automatically shut off when charge is complete
batteries and stuff only damage if there is still a load when charge is complete...(and there is no protection)

he may have gotten a pair from profsneaks
my pair also blinks when charging to indicate they are charging
when charge is complete
they stop blinking
i swapped the boards with some new ones i got from wizardbttf

but in this case the lights blinking will not affect the batteries as they automatically shut off when charge is complete
batteries and stuff only damage if there is still a load when charge is complete...(and there is no protection)
Flashing lights whilst charging would annoy me.

And in other new, my new MAG Bag is coming along nicely. Just need to pull the other lid.
f3fbe7f365d82cf98a105003de658438.jpg

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

i forget to mention only the bubble lights flash
but its pretty cool to know at least when charge is complete unlike the original v3s
btw they only take about 2.5 hrs to charge completely

Flashing lights whilst charging would annoy me.

And in other new, my new MAG Bag is coming along nicely. Just need to pull the other lid.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

What are the dimensions on that? Maybe it's just the angle or something, but It looks like my Mags would have a hard time fitting in that.

Seeing how this has what I am assuming the correct dimensions from the movie, any super large shoe probably will have trouble fitting since the original prop was made for size 7 shoes and a very flexible and smashable jacket.

i forget to mention only the bubble lights flash
but its pretty cool to know at least when charge is complete unlike the original v3s
btw they only take about 2.5 hrs to charge completely

I thought it was the EL flashing as well. LEDs are not too bad I suppose.

What are the dimensions on that? Maybe it's just the angle or something, but It looks like my Mags would have a hard time fitting in that.

There is not a lot of info on the Tube Bag. It is supposed to be 22" long and 11.5" dia. But is that 11.5" the body or the end cap?

Seeing how this has what I am assuming the correct dimensions from the movie, any super large shoe probably will have trouble fitting since the original prop was made for size 7 shoes and a very flexible and smashable jacket.

In the movie, his MAG shoes are actually a US6 (one of the Friends and Family pair is a US6 and perfect replica and the other is a US7, 2011 shoe) and this was confirmed when the lasts used to make his shoes were auctioned off a few years ago. They are also floppy and don't have the rigid collars out V3s have. The jacket is mostly made of Latex and like any mask, is very flexible, so will squash down.

For some reason, this bag did come out slightly undersized which I don't quite get given the tooling is the same as everything has been made from.

My US10s still fit.
0e3d78f34bb0717312b25bd5744d96b1.jpg
782730e94c298b513db4ebce9f75a9b1.jpg
f7d4132336f0d9b6f6a79a916ed4613c.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back