Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

Normally when you monetize your channel you have to include a sponsor link or blatantly talk about that product. She does not have that as part of her channel...so far anyway.

She was trained about plastics as a part of the job she held at Nike for 13 years. She also calls parts of the shoes by their proper name. Example since the V1, we have called the molded part on the back of the MAGs a heel cup where it is actually a heel counter (as in counter weight).

Her reviews between different shoes is fair.
I liked that she included traction as part of the review.

I have DM'd her on Instagram a few times now to ask a question and she gives a direct and honest answer.

I actually asked if the MAG pattern has a name. She replied with a not really but it is known as a 2 part pattern with a medial seam.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

well last video she made
nike won over adidas
nike edge beat adidas boost according to her
so
yea
pretty much proves it to me she is bias

well last video she made
nike won over adidas
nike edge beat adidas boost according to her
so
yea
pretty much proves it to me she is bias

It lost points because it was more expensive and almost twice as heavy as the NIKE shoe. In a runner, that is a pretty big deal.

If she was compare NIKE AIR PRESSURE (Originally 1989 and then a 2016 retro) to say REEBOK "The PUMP" (also 1989 and later retro in 2016?), I'd say Reebok might actually win because it has a softer cushioning system with the Energy Return System and the air pump is built in. It also cost less than AIR PRESSURE.

I had PRESSURE in 1990 and I never really considered the weight of those shoes to be a big deal until I got them again in retro and then compared them to the MAGs. It is almost a case of twice the weight per shoe.
088e746b91c6d236ee0269329bf3a37e.jpg
1f0643b364a2e9fb5a6796f69692334f.jpg

i dont know man ive always thought the lighter the shoe, the cheaper it is but thats just me

Well these V3 MAGs are not exactly cheap and they are very light compared to even the V2 due to the foam used on the mid-sole. The shore is softer as well and why these feel better underfoot. The V2 was made with much harder rubber and an older construction technique. There is no Stroble on the V2. They use the older something board method.

I edited my post once I scrolled up and saw the pictures of how to replace the battery, the cloth was glued to the pink part and sewn it at the front, closest to the toes

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Apparently there is strobel, board lasted and a lasted strobel. If they are both sewn and using the pink card, then must be the 3rd of the above.

Have you removed the upper completely?

Apparently there is strobel, board lasted and a lasted strobel. If they are both sewn and using the pink card, then must be the 3rd of the above.

Have you removed the upper completely?

What are you referring to by the upper?

I just hope you documented everything.

I did... On my old phone, which was dropped in the ocean. I'll try my best to use pictures once they're done and describe the process as best as I can

I did... On my old phone, which was dropped in the ocean. I'll try my best to use pictures once they're done and describe the process as best as I can

I look forward to seeing it.

What you are doing is modding (technically even a repair is modding) and the purpose of this thread is to document everything about these shoes for others to see.

I look forward to seeing it.

What you are doing is modding (technically even a repair is modding) and the purpose of this thread is to document everything about these shoes for others to see.

I'll be sure to be as detailed as possible when I go to post the process. The pink card is called a Fiberboard insole sheet, btw

WOW what a mess in there . No wonder these things break :)

So is that plastic that covers the laces rigid or flexible?

Flexible

Bit of a catch 22. Flexible means it can bend and the straps can become misaligned. Rigid means the shoes is less wearable.

If you look at EARL from NIKE, they have their mechanism encased in a hard plastic shell. Yet their MAGs did not have this (as far as wel know anyway), so I wonder how they got around that?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back