Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

85364b423e07ae8bf26d3513f55863de.jpg

Ventilation? LOL.
Elastic or power laced? Make up your mind.
Who labeled this thing?

@cavx yup. I think he sold them for like $600-$800
Even though these look cartoonish, I think they look cool and for a display pair, would be Instantantly recognizeable.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
So I just got my first pair of v3.1’s on Wednesday. Everything was fine with them for two days. I turned the lights on occasionally. Wore them lightly around once in the house for 15 mins. Then today turned the lights on, and one shoe turned off unexpectedly. Now one doesn’t turn on at all, and the other turns on for 15 seonds then automatically turns off. Update: both don’t turn on at all after I had them charging for a couple hours. Any ideas? Did I get some lemons? I’m really bummed, my modded V2’s held up better...

Last edited:
So I just got my first pair of v3.1’s on Wednesday. Everything was fine with them for two days. I turned the lights on occasionally. Wore them lightly around once in the house for 15 mins. Then today turned the lights on, and one shoe turned off unexpectedly. Now one doesn’t turn on at all, and the other turns on for 15 seonds then automatically turns off. Update: both don’t turn on at all after I had them charging for a couple hours. Any ideas? Did I get some lemons? I’m really bummed, my modded V2’s held up better...

Could be battery issues.
Yes you are right. The wiring is garbage on these. Too thin and will break eventually.

Your best bet is to check the battery under the soles first.
And check for loose wires.

Could be battery issues.
Yes you are right. The wiring is garbage on these. Too thin and will break eventually.

Your best bet is to check the battery under the soles first.
And check for loose wires.
My left shoe of my first pair gave me grief and it turned out to be the battery. Now my display pairs left shoe seems to be shutting down well before the right.

I guess I will be opening up that pair soon.

A OT, a while ago there was discussion about the Roshe shoes because they had sock toe.

Today I picked up a pair of Hyperdunks that are surprisingly similar to our favourite shoe, the Nike MAG.

Unlike the older version of the shoes (including the McFly colourway), these shoes have a mesh upper. It uses the same 2 peice pattern with a medial seam as the MAG. These have a proper slimmed sock toe and even the midsole shape shares similar features, though much lower profile.

Not sold on the colour, so might have to custom these.
2742c3a5344c3421fa2320d1c2004c77.jpg
25f144611418ac69388d5cf09a764620.jpg
e0bdc915b1ce18506818445352b96b81.jpg
471c85dedf0e9964fcd8b6b7ca808ff9.jpg
44a62ab9eee24fc038d155e0be32c21b.jpg

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

Sporting my reissue air pressures today .
I wore them to the gym the other day and a guy asked if they were the shoes from back to the future lol
054e7ed85e980e6475ae0322d6526cc8.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Good to hear from AirAir and Cavx, I haven’t been on the RPF for a while, but I have kept up with the mag scene. Anyways...

Yeah this thread keeps getting a bump almost every day now.

i believe he actually puts in his own board instead of the one that comes with the shoe.
Thats why your EL panels are likely more blue and brighter than the standard shade of Cyan.

Check what he actually did. it could be loose wire.

Was anyone able to measure the frequency of the standard inverter Vs the after markets? The higher the frequency, the more blue the light output becomes.
Sporting my reissue air pressures today .

I wore them to the gym the other day and a guy asked if they were the shoes from back to the future lol

Air Pressures rock. It is kind of weird that I owned these in the 1990s and now I own them again, thanks to the retro release.
Back then, I bought them (the most expensive shoe Nike did at the time) because they were the closest thing to the Nike MAG (actually, the only thing really close is the clean toe and the way it is bonded to the sole, make it look very similar to the artistic impression used on the movie poster) at the time and some kid in the shop almost jizzed his pants because he thought they were the BTTF2 shoes as well.

I just hope they have used better PU for the midsoles on this run. The last pair (and I wored those hard for 5 years as I travelled around Australia) just crumbed one day. The collar lilitterally tore away as I went to put them on one day. I was so bummed because the leather was still in such great condition. I don't intend to ever wear my new pair (apart from test wears), so it will be interesting to see how long they last.

It is interesting that they did change a few things on them. One part was the way the sockliner seemed to have the air sole built in to that. These have a normal air cell in the heel only and the sock line does not seem to be removable anymore.

Was anyone able to measure the frequency of the standard inverter Vs the after markets? The higher the frequency, the more blue the light output becomes.

I measured it a while back, it was pretty low. I can't recall it exactly but I believe it was like 380hz. The little 3v inverters used to increase brightness put out 2000hz.

I measured it a while back, it was pretty low. I can't recall it exactly but I believe it was like 380hz. The little 3v inverters used to increase brightness put out 2000hz.

And I was able to measure a boost on blue of close to 80% using those little 3V inverters.

This has been posted before. Seeing how you would need a professional dealer of the product it would be difficult to set up tests to see if it can be done with the shoes. Because we have no idea how big the electronics are for even the small area of the EL.

I’m new to the Nike Mag world and I’m loving your content on her. Ive learned a lot about them and also have used the info here to update my mags as well! Question, what to the 2011 nike mags look like when charging. Like is it just the red light lit up?

I’m new to the Nike Mag world and I’m loving your content on her. Ive learned a lot about them and also have used the info here to update my mags as well! Question, what to the 2011 nike mags look like when charging. Like is it just the red light lit up?

The lights sequence from green to red in a loop.

Flashing Red while charging then solid Green when fully charged.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back