Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

Let get one thing clear that EVERYONE needs to understand David is NOT the manufacture, nor does he own a factory, he is a DISTRIBUTOR, aka the middle man. And David is not the only distributor, but he is one of the best in terms of reputation, being reliable and has decent communication a good site, and a decent team, that give good customer service (in comparison to other Chinese seller). This make him easy to work with compared to other sellers. David also is good because he stay on top of the best versions of products coming out of the factories, and he keeps his customers updated, with the latest models and revisions. While other sellers don't or can't be bothered with such details.

I have a few other sellers on my WeChat who also can get the Power Lacing Mags, but you have to be able to communicate in Chinese, or deal with the all of the other details of buying directly through them. i can do that, but many people don't have the patience to learn how it all works. The truth is David may not be in total control of the pricing, the factory may be dictating some of the price, and again if no one buys them, the factory will either lower the price, or stop making them.

If you really want them, buy them! Just realize that it's supply and demand, so if your willing to shell out $1400 just be aware that you're being charged a great mark up ($3-$400). If that's not a problem, and you just gotta have them then buy them! I'm just saying I won't buy them until they A: fix the damn flaws (tint the soles blue, use uv resistant rubber, program the pcb for lighting effects like the authentic, etc...) or B: Lower the price to match the fact that this is a replica/grey/black market item with flaws.

This is true! i have multiple wechat clients all giving the same 1000$ price tag, I plan on offering 800$ or so, here are some pics they are sending
f26272746917b83dbdc3a748facdb512.jpg
d8b8804b2e77c1f510b31f5dbda3a6de.jpg
213eaf9d43e92dcfcbeff73ae1f68a4c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has Nike ever indicated they would sell the power lace version to the public at retail or online without having to go through an auction?

These look very nice. I would probably only wear them a few times to take pictures and rarely after that just to show people. The time to buy these would be their black friday deal.

Has anyone asked the sellers about the pressure sensor in the heel? That will hopefully be the next update.

You then need a latching switch to turn the system off once the shoe is on your foot so that walking does not activate the pressure sensor. Not a big deal but I don't see those Chinese shoe manufacturers going that extra ... step. Who knows though. If one of you guys here add something like that in as an aftermarket mod and show it off, maybe it'll catch on.

I noticed this as well. That might be something to let them know about.
Two theories. 1: there's only 2 buttons. One for lights, one for lacing. The red and green is just for show.
2: Red and green both have a button, they just both tighten and loosen, no matter which one you press

+100 with your post but we have not choice atm, coz only chinese guy can make it :)
And when you ask to lower the price to buy them, well they do not want to.

Read This !!!
I ask about my "Nike Mag" have battery broken if is possible to make a exchange.
They say ok to make exchange only if i give a proof. So i give a proof to "Joyce" i send a video.
And i must pay again 100$ for recovered a new pair shoes against shoes have battery broken, LOL.
You see we really have no choice but to bend at their price https://www.therpf.com/images/styles/smilies/sad.png

I could negotiate to pay 1000$ by "Western Union" shoes "Powerlace" from "David" :p (Last Version)

$100 for a 2nd pair as a replacement is a good deal. I'd take it. Most of us paid much more than than that for our replacements.

Has Nike ever indicated they would sell the power lace version to the public at retail or online without having to go through an auction?

The shoe was designed and made for a movie and was never supposed to gain the popularity it did.
The only PL shoe NIKE has sold direct has been that grampa slipper looking thing called the Hyper-Adapt.

Here "Instruction Manual" from Nike Mag

Read page 3/13 about button light
https://help-all.nike.com/ci/fattach/get/2448741/1477599078/redirect/1d

There would have be a release on these copies as well. The real shoe has a pressure point in the heel that activates the laces and then the buttons allow the user to tighten or loosen the laces according to their personal comfort. You'd need to know you can get these off your feet as easy as they go on.

if we can mod the v4s and add a remote controller to close the shoe laces
can that be considered auto lace?
its probably as close as we can get for now until the real sensor build is exploited....

if we can mod the v4s and add a remote controller to close the shoe laces
can that be considered auto lace?
its probably as close as we can get for now until the real sensor build is exploited....

RF remote, Blue Tooth, or Wi-Fi via a phone APP? Damn the MAG app on my phone needs an update and I can't lace my shoe!

How do we know they don't already have the sensor built in?

First videos only showed the one right shoe. Now we are seeing videos of both shoes working, but we are not seeing anyone wear them yet.

The biggest problem is of course being "lost in translation". We can ask for stuff, but then it goes quiet if they don't quite get what we are asking.

When it was the pre-lauch of the V3, all the videos had the person wearing the shoes. That is what we NEED to see now.

Considering the problems the v3 and v3.1 have had with simple electronics that power the lights, I can only imagine the problems that are going to arise with the power laced versions.

RF remote, Blue Tooth, or Wi-Fi via a phone APP? Damn the MAG app on my phone needs an update and I can't lace my shoe!

How do we know they don't already have the sensor built in?

First videos only showed the one right shoe. Now we are seeing videos of both shoes working, but we are not seeing anyone wear them yet.

The biggest problem is of course being "lost in translation". We can ask for stuff, but then it goes quiet if they don't quite get what we are asking.

When it was the pre-lauch of the V3, all the videos had the person wearing the shoes. That is what we NEED to see now.
There's an on foot video above that I posted

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back