Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

i imagine the price dropping down some maybe not a lot but they will just like the v3s
as far as for the box, for thisprice they need to be double boxed
also if there are any failures, remember that the motor is enclosed in a box and all wires must route throught the bottom sole, not through the side like the el panels so there may be a better chance of the auto lace feature to not break as easily as the el panels

None of us are sure as yet of how the lacing mechanism is even designed are we & even if the laces do hold up, what’s the point if the lights fail after an hours wear? This is my issue with these shoes. If a HyperAdapt fails then there is an exchange or refund offered. If these fail in any way, you can bet a discount of £100 for the next pair is all that’s on the table.

hmm
seems they respected the October 21 date
its october 21 in china today...

so i say we call these v4s

power lace is a huge step up

hmmm if my shoes ever break for el on soles,
should i go with 2 el panels or one per shoe?
if i do two seperate, only the wires will risk getting damaged i guess
these el tapes can get cut so i also have the option of just using one
this guys deliver within a day to me

Last edited by a moderator:

Okay I tested these new boards over night.

LED board blinks when charging, will stop blinking when fully charged.

Low voltage protection has been tweaked so even if your battery has dipped down into the 2 volts range it will still charge it back. (this will help solve the issue of peoples battery going bad) as the board will still recognize it now at lower volts. Obviously it is still not good to let your battery drain this much, but if it does you shouldn't have to replace your battery now.

Can dim your LED board from the circuit board so you don't have to open ankle bubble

I'll also put epoxy over the charging ports like you have done as I think it will help for sure.

Low voltage protection has been tweaked so even if your battery has dipped down into the 2 volts range it will still charge it back. (this will help solve the issue of peoples battery going bad) as the board will still recognize it now at lower volts. Obviously it is still not good to let your battery drain this much, but if it does you shouldn't have to replace your battery now.

Can dim your LED board from the circuit board so you don't have to open ankle bubble

I'll also put epoxy over the charging ports like you have done as I think it will help for sure.
Very cool! Hypothetically speaking, do you think these boards would work with the V4's? I wouldn't think so, with the two extra buttons. Also, happy BTTF day!

Very cool! Hypothetically speaking, do you think these boards would work with the V4's? I wouldn't think so, with the two extra buttons. Also, happy BTTF day!

Possibly, part of me thinks there will be 2 separate boards in them, one for the power lacing motor controller and then the inverter circuit board (which will probably be very similar if not the same as the V3 boards. Maybe power piggy backing off each board, but I don't see why they would be connected. The lights seem to turn on/off independently and have nothing to do with the motor turning on/off.

I'd love to have the V4 parts duplicated too, so for maybe less than $150 someone could turn their V3's into power lacing. I don't know how possible it is without having power lacing mags yet...I won't pay $1,400...but I'll be on the look out for a broken pair I can reverse engineer.

Possibly, part of me thinks there will be 2 separate boards in them, one for the power lacing motor controller and then the inverter circuit board (which will probably be very similar if not the same as the V3 boards. Maybe power piggy backing off each board, but I don't see why they would be connected. The lights seem to turn on/off independently and have nothing to do with the motor turning on/off.

I'd love to have the V4 parts duplicated too, so for maybe less than $150 someone could turn their V3's into power lacing. I don't know how possible it is without having power lacing mags yet...I won't pay $1,400...but I'll be on the look out for a broken pair I can reverse engineer.
Part of me is considering thinking about sending you my V4's once I get them... Those boards are very tempting

I was walking by the sneaker shop at the Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas and noticed something off. This was the first shop I ever saw the 2011 Mags in person, but these are...V3s, right?

Attachments

• E807F59B-E71E-4ED2-9A44-5C3808A0835A.jpeg
    E807F59B-E71E-4ED2-9A44-5C3808A0835A.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 81
  • FD6D0490-769A-4752-BC9D-D2572B789DA3.jpeg
    FD6D0490-769A-4752-BC9D-D2572B789DA3.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 432

how difficult is it to soder in wire by wire since joints look real close,,,?

how difficult is it to soder in wire by wire since joints look real close,,,?

I think anyone who has soldered onto boards before will have no issue with it. If you've only soldered wires together and never boards, you might find them close together...but as circuit boards go these contact points aren't difficult to solder. The main thing is having a fine tip on your soldering iron.

The one’s with power laces. Not the auction ones from 2015.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Power Lace versions cost $10 for a raffle ticket. I’ve heard that many people who won these, only spent $30-$100 on tickets. These sold at auction for $30,000-$60,000 and I think one pair sold for $100,000.

The Power Lace versions cost $10 for a raffle ticket. I’ve heard that many people who won these, only spent $30-$100 on tickets. These sold at auction for $30,000-$60,000 and I think one pair sold for $100,000.

Yeah, they were all pretty much within that price bracket except for the NYC auction at the MJF Parkinson’s Gala & that went for around £200k I believe!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back