Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

Damn those look nearly exact. If they could make the soles icy-blue and if they auto lace when you step into them, they’d be perfect (other than the fabric still be off).

https://youtu.be/Yu6w7S3GKiY So... What do we call this? V3.2 PL? Or do we go to V4?

Man I really want these, had my last pair of V3.1's seized at US customs though so I'm super scared to take a chance with a shoe this expensive. I tried to register for TSA pre-check a couple months back and was denied because they questioned me about these shoes. I guess I'm now flagged in the system as trying to import counterfeit goods, so my name and address can't be used for future shoe orders :(

Interesting that they moved that lights button to be on the same side as the close/open buttons.

I'll still pass on these for now. I don't think they will be wearable.

Interesting that they moved that lights button to be on the same side as the close/open buttons.

I'll still pass on these for now. I don't think they will be wearable.

The official 2016 Mag has the buttons for lights & tighten/loosen all on the same side, so I guess they’re just keeping them as accurate as possible. Also eliminates the need for multiple wiring routes.

Agreed, the power-lace feature is only cool if you intend to wear these & they’re likely to fail after a couple of wears if the v3 is anything to go by.

Also, while they are ‘Mags’, if Nike is knocking out HyperAdapts for £620/$720 which is already a pi$$-take, at least there’s a warranty in place. There’s no way I’m shelling out $1500 for counterfeit shoes, not to mention as @Jedifyfe quite rightly pointed out, screw these being seized by customs, can’t see ‘David’ replacing them in a hurry & you know that beautiful box is going to arrive pretty much flat-packed with a broken acrylic stand inside.

Definitely not for me but good luck to anyone that takes the plunge.

i imagine the price dropping down some maybe not a lot but they will just like the v3s
as far as for the box, for thisprice they need to be double boxed
also if there are any failures, remember that the motor is enclosed in a box and all wires must route throught the bottom sole, not through the side like the el panels so there may be a better chance of the auto lace feature to not break as easily as the el panels

I've ordered 3 Mags from David and have never had any problems with customs. Always in and out within 2 hours. If I can get the money, I'll be taking the plunge. I'll be the 'guinea pig' so to speak, and I'll make a video detailing everything. The condition of the box when it arrived, if the lacing mechanism held up after a full day of wear, ECT.

The official 2016 Mag has the buttons for lights & tighten/loosen all on the same side, so I guess they’re just keeping them as accurate as possible. Also eliminates the need for multiple wiring routes.

Agreed, the power-lace feature is only cool if you intend to wear these & they’re likely to fail after a couple of wears if the v3 is anything to go by.

Also, while they are ‘Mags’, if Nike is knocking out HyperAdapts for £620/$720 which is already a pi$$-take, at least there’s a warranty in place. There’s no way I’m shelling out $1500 for counterfeit shoes, not to mention as @Jedifyfe quite rightly pointed out, screw these being seized by customs, can’t see ‘David’ replacing them in a hurry & you know that beautiful box is going to arrive pretty much flat-packed with a broken acrylic stand inside.

Definitely not for me but good luck to anyone that takes the plunge.

Perhaps I got lucky with the postal services not throwing the boxes around, but my three pairs arrived with the inner yellow boxes undamaged by shipping. I do recall one pair had some damage to the outer white box, but it hadn't been transferred to the inner yellow one (outer box and bubblewrap around the yellow box took the damage, as it was meant to) The V2's, on the other hand only ever arrived wrapped in plastic, so were all a bit out of shape to one extent or another (remember, the V2's used a much less sturdy box to begin with) and one box was so badly damaged I threw it away.

Yeah I know that feeling. Probably best though with Christmas and stuff coming up :)

Was just curious if you were going to attempt the strap delamination or just cut the back out to fit the strap logo. If I had to do another pair, I'd just cut the back out. That glue they used is just seriously crazy stuff. Thank the gods the soles are not glued on using that.

Thanks for the tip. I'll test cutting in through the back with some other similar material I have to see how that goes. If not, carefully running a new snap-knife blade inside the join over and over and over will separate the two pieces, though it may take some time. If the blade is sharp enough, it cuts through the glue, but if it's that sharp, you also want to take your time and not press hard, and slip. Blood would be hard to get out of MAGs material, I expect. :D

Thanks for the tip. I'll test cutting in through the back with some other similar material I have to see how that goes. If not, carefully running a new snap-knife blade inside the join over and over and over will separate the two pieces, though it may take some time. If the blade is sharp enough, it cuts through the glue, but if it's that sharp, you also want to take your time and not press hard, and slip. Blood would be hard to get out of MAGs material, I expect. :D
Exactly. It is all over if you cut the fabric.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Well this was an exciting package to come home to today...these circuit boards should have some cool new features FINALLY.

Attachments

• magparts.png
    magparts.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 215
Yeah I know that feeling. Probably best though with Christmas and stuff coming up :)

Was just curious if you were going to attempt the strap delamination or just cut the back out to fit the strap logo. If I had to do another pair, I'd just cut the back out. That glue they used is just seriously crazy stuff. Thank the gods the soles are not glued on using that.

my test appears successful on the first try. :) Now on to the straps later this weekend. Might need to attach a thin part of clear plastic to the back, so it's holding on to the strap with more than just the edges of the GITD kit.
IMG_20171021_075116.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back