Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

I want to see someone do an all EL system on a set of these as I got over 24 hour run time from the all EL set up I did in a few pairs of V2.

I want to see someone do an all EL system on a set of these as I got over 24 hour run time from the all EL set up I did in a few pairs of V2.

Wow, 24hrs off a 9v setup? ....if my pair is screwed up enough I might consider switching to a 9v system

Wow, 24hrs off a 9v setup? ....if my pair is screwed up enough I might consider switching to a 9v system

I ditched the LEDs and replaced them with a single EL sheet and colour filters. What we had noticed was that the LEDs were the first part to go out after 4 or so hours. So by swapping LEDs for EL, not only did the whole shoe now work off an AC circuit, the run time was greatly extended. Almost 4x.

The only problem with EL in the bubble is it is not very bright.

I ditched the LEDs and replaced them with a single EL sheet and colour filters. What we had noticed was that the LEDs were the first part to go out after 4 or so hours. So by swapping LEDs for EL, not only did the whole shoe now work off an AC circuit, the run time was greatly extended. Almost 4x.

The only problem with EL in the bubble is it is not very bright.

That's a great idea swapping the leds for ELs. I'm not really concerned with the amount of time I get from a charge. I plan on wearing my pair here and there and probably not with the lights running the whole time. I just want them to be completely functional

The other light in my wair pair is about to go too. They go out randomly so it's only a matter of time. I have mixed emotions. However now I can wear them without worrying any more. Part of me wants to fix them but if I do I won't want to wear them again. And I know they will break again eventually if I do.

That's a great idea swapping the leds for ELs. I'm not really concerned with the amount of time I get from a charge. I plan on wearing my pair here and there and probably not with the lights running the whole time. I just want them to be completely functional

The wires are too thin. The shoes themselves are very well constructed, better than the V2s, but the wires will break. So I am not sure how "functional" they will be over time.

The other light in my wair pair is about to go too. They go out randomly so it's only a matter of time. I have mixed emotions. However now I can wear them without worrying any more. Part of me wants to fix them but if I do I won't want to wear them again. And I know they will break again eventually if I do.

Whilst the shoes are very well made, the electronics are fragile. My first pair had a dodgy battery and no charger. I did manage to get them running for a short time before I had a wire break.

Now I have reflective material instead of EL. If I do open these again, (and I will at some point, probably to change out the soles), I might fit a GITD kit in there. I will be getting the EL profile laser cut from Perspex to make a mold. That way, only the panels lit up and not the surrounds. I'll probably extend the surrounds to allow the white to go around the panels. And also have to make a new strap master part as well.

The reflective material looks OK.

b9fd58481d40b2d89b62db640ae1d12a.jpg

Yeah once my lights broke I was like 'meh, I knew this was goanna happen anyway' and not stressed. They lasted a few months of weekend wears. Only one panel at first same as everyone I think. It was disappointing, but not too bad for me as I have 2 more pairs that still light up. :D No one that I've spoken to cares that they don't light up anymore, they just recognise the 'back to the future shoes!' and that they also always thought they were cool looking. Apparently the movies were re-run on free TV recently (had 2 people say that, it might have refreshed their memories).

I wore mine to that sneaker con last weekend with no lights. Lots of heads turned and I could the people talking about them (probably discussing if they were real or not) and it all good.
The only time I wish I had lights was for photos at cons. Once I get these tube bags, maybe I take a 2nd pair in that change shoes once on the stand.

I contacted Jenny from gogoyeezy about the purchase of the V4s or (V3PL) (<--- for those that are not on board with the (V4s) yet lol).... Anyways, I asked about placing a order and she said yes payment can be made now however the shoes are not ready to be shipped at this moment. I asked her when would they ship and she said a few months. In my opinion
1) they're trying to make a mass production of them before they start selling them or shipping them
2) they are using the one in the videos as a teaser but the shoes are not ready yet
or
3) they are having lot of issues with the pairs made

I am still planning on placing an order and posting a video of them but until then its a waiting game.... if anyone has any info of where I can get a pair now please let me know Thanks in advance.

I'd say all 3. Unlike the videos leading up to the V3 release, we identified that the same 2011 MAGs were being used. Whilst no one has posted screen grabs pointing out the same splatter on this Power Laced version, I think we all know that it is the same shoe.

Of course they will need to have many pairs ready but they also need to make sure that the pairs they sell actually work.

And no doubt there has been a lot of issues getting them to this stage.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

**** that
i wouldnt pay and wait months for some overseas company to deliver
heck they can be shut down by than...

You wait until they are ready to ship. You don't pay upfront for these in hope that speeds the process up. You'll just end up in a world of hurt.

CHINA! - the land where patents DO NOT exists. No company bothers to chase them down on copyright because it is far too hard.

I would like to suggest that we each send a message to register our interest in the Power Laced version, so they know they will have a minimum number of orders waiting for release day. If I were going to produce something with this much effort, I would NOT want most of the stock sitting in the warehouse for whatever reason. Also, if I were the person in charge of buying them from someone else who manufactured them so I could on-sell, I'd love to know that there were a certain number of definite sales in the future (a bit like pre-order), so it's worth making/stocking. That gives us time to save up for them too lol. And if they fail to ever deliver, we've lost nothing and can spend the money on something else. I might start squirreling money away from next pay. :)
So, I've contacted gogoyeezy and sneakerahead as I suggested. Anyone else want to?

DragonGalvy have they conformed the $1500USD as the listed price? Does the sneakerahead-dis work on these? I'd love these in US7.

Last edited by a moderator:
I only got the response of:

Hello, thanks for your mail , the auto-laces mag need wait some days , it has not come out

just this afternoon

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back