Page 4 of 83 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast
Subscribe
    From
    Brisbane, Australia
    Mar 30, 2017, 3:24 AM - Re: Official v3 nike mag replica thread - v3 discussion thread #76

MattgomeryBurns said: View Post
    The good thing about those stickers is that they're easy to peel off w/o damaging the surface of the box.
    So did you have a sticker with a pen sizing or the printed sizing?
    Mar 30, 2017, 3:30 AM - Re: Official v3 nike mag replica thread - v3 discussion thread #77

DL4567 said: View Post
    Something's still not right. I tried viewing the thread in 3 different browsers; Firefox, Chrome, and IE. One shows nothing, one shows image icons, the other shows X's.

Is no one else not seeing the images? My computer does not struggle with this type of stuff.
    Everything showing up fine in my phone using Tapatalk app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. RPF Premium Member MattgomeryBurns's Avatar
    From
    Los Angeles
    Mar 30, 2017, 3:37 AM - Re: Official v3 nike mag replica thread - v3 discussion thread #78

cavx said: View Post
    So did you have a sticker with a pen sizing or the printed sizing?
    Pen sizing, yes. Then @Vormz sent me a printed sticker, for free!
    From
    Southeast USA
    Mar 30, 2017, 5:40 AM - Re: Official v3 nike mag replica thread - v3 discussion thread #79

Kevzie said: View Post
    Everything showing up fine in my phone using Tapatalk app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep, cavx fixed the pictures a few days ago.
  5. Member Since
    May 2015
    Mar 30, 2017, 3:20 PM - Re: Official v3 nike mag replica thread - v3 discussion thread #80

How long was it before everybody got their QC pics? Ordered my pair on Saturday and haven't heard anything yet? I asked for Pics and a perfect box... Just wondering how long it takes to hear from them with the pics?
    From
    KY
    Mar 30, 2017, 4:37 PM - Re: Official v3 nike mag replica thread - v3 discussion thread #81

Yay new thread, subbed.
    Mar 30, 2017, 5:02 PM - Re: Official v3 nike mag replica thread - v3 discussion thread #82

I went to the Sneakerahead site and sent a message last night, and again today asking a few questions before I order, and still haven't heard back yet.
    From
    Brisbane, Australia
    Mar 30, 2017, 8:04 PM - Re: Official v3 nike mag replica thread - v3 discussion thread #83

KMG79 said: View Post
    I went to the Sneakerahead site and sent a message last night, and again today asking a few questions before I order, and still haven't heard back yet.
    Are you located in the US? Remember they are in China and are about 2 hours behind me in Australia (GMT+10), so China is GMT+12. You should just given them a full day to respond.
  9. RPF Premium Member NickyMabbs's Avatar
    From
    London, UK
    Mar 30, 2017, 8:06 PM - Re: Official v3 nike mag replica thread - v3 discussion thread #84

don jon said: View Post
    @davidjones888 any updates on auto lace release?
    Chinese factories are churning out HyperAdapts that don't have powerlaces & light up only. I can't see anyone buying HyperAdapts for any other reason other than the novelty of the power-lacing, as they're damn ugly. If replicas are knocking about without this feature, then I'd put money on the fact that the Mags aren't going to get power-lacing anytime soon. The factories need to concentrate on producing a decent quality shoes with decent quality electronics before attempting to shove that kind of tech in the Mag.
    Mar 30, 2017, 8:06 PM - Re: Official v3 nike mag replica thread - v3 discussion thread #85

cavx said: View Post
    Are you located in the US? Remember they are in China and are about 2 hours behind me in Australia (GMT+10), so China is GMT+12. You should just given them a full day to respond.
    Yeah I'm in US. Tonight will be a full day.
    From
    Brisbane, Australia
    Mar 30, 2017, 8:07 PM - Re: Official v3 nike mag replica thread - v3 discussion thread #86

Sugar779 said: View Post
    How long was it before everybody got their QC pics? Ordered my pair on Saturday and haven't heard anything yet? I asked for Pics and a perfect box... Just wondering how long it takes to hear from them with the pics?
    I think from memory about 3 days.

I have said this before and it seems to have been missed, is they don't actually have the shoes in stock. They take your money and they go and buy a pair for you. Then they post photos and if you reject them, the whole process starts again. The rejected shoes just get offered to the next person. They don't go back to the factory for modification or anything. Once these are made, that is it.
    From
    Brisbane, Australia
    Mar 30, 2017, 8:11 PM - Re: Official v3 nike mag replica thread - v3 discussion thread #87

NickyMabbs said: View Post
    Chinese factories are churning out HyperAdapts that don't have powerlaces & light up only. I can't see anyone buying HyperAdapts for any other reason other than the novelty of the power-lacing, as they're damn ugly. If replicas are knocking about without this feature, then I'd put money on the fact that the Mags aren't going to get power-lacing anytime soon. The factories need to concentrate on producing a decent quality shoes with decent quality electronics before attempting to shove that kind of tech in the Mag.
    Given how thin and fragile these MAG electronics are, does anyone really think they can pull off a power lace system that can be used over and over? I don't.

Even that father/son YouTuber got a shock when he cut open the HyperAdapt. The motor casing is hard plastic and ALL the electronics are housed in this box. Sure NIKE made this happen, but for what 100 pair? This ain't something the Chinese will be able to copy anytime time soon.
  13. Member Since
    Oct 2016
    Mar 31, 2017, 1:32 AM - Re: Official v3 nike mag replica thread - v3 discussion thread #88

Hey guys! I got my second QC pic but there is something that is bothering me about the second pairs. Looks like a major flaw on the front. Do you guys think I should ask for another pair?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0492.JPG 
Views:	108 
Size:	430.0 KB 
ID:	718203
    From
    Brisbane, Australia
    Mar 31, 2017, 1:38 AM - Re: Official v3 nike mag replica thread - v3 discussion thread #89

Looks like it was crushed under something. I would ask for a good discount first. If they won't do that, the maybe reject. I think the marks will come out.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    From
    Melbourne, Australia
    Mar 31, 2017, 4:01 AM - Re: Official v3 nike mag replica thread - v3 discussion thread #90

You know, most (if not all) of the people here on this thread and the previous one were interested in the MAG because of the movie. I know I've wanted a pair since about 1990 or something lol. But I just got told by yet another person (this makes the second time) that they were cool looking even though I had to explain what they were.
    So it's clearly a nice design even to someone who's never seen them before. Good job, Tinker Hatfield. If only you'd mass produced them (even without lights would have been fine) right after the movie came out... oh well, many years too late at least we have our V3s.
    From
    Brisbane, Australia
    Mar 31, 2017, 5:12 AM - Re: Official v3 nike mag replica thread - v3 discussion thread #91

DragonGalvy said: View Post
    You know, most (if not all) of the people here on this thread and the previous one were interested in the MAG because of the movie. I know I've wanted a pair since about 1990 or something lol. But I just got told by yet another person (this makes the second time) that they were cool looking even though I had to explain what they were.
    So it's clearly a nice design even to someone who's never seen them before. Good job, Tinker Hatfield. If only you'd mass produced them (even without lights would have been fine) right after the movie came out... oh well, many years too late at least we have our V3s.
    It is almost a bit scary when I speak to people that haven't seen the film before. Makes me wonder if I am showing my age, or they have been hiding under a rock.

Yeah, Tinker was certainly thinking way outside the square when he designed the MAG shoes back in 1988/1989.

For me, it is the almost seamless look of the upper, the minimal stitching and the clean toe. Sure the lights are cool, but it wouldn't phase me if the shoe didn't have lights.

I think the biggest technical achievement is the way the laces extend all the way to the mid-sole, making the shoe hug the foot

The fictional part is that the elastic was originally supposed to be the power lace straps extending down to a motor system. What it does is stop the side of the shoe from bulging out. And the fact that this concept was recognized and later implemented by other shoe manufactures says a lot here. Pretty much every shoe manufacture today implements some form of chord system (NIKE calls it fly-wire) that extend from the mid-sole to the lace section, hugging the foot and preventing the bulge at the side of the foot.

Also it is interesting that so many shoes today have done away with the toe cap and therefore have a sock toe.
  17. Member Since
    Oct 2016
    Mar 31, 2017, 5:22 AM - Re: Official v3 nike mag replica thread - v3 discussion thread #92

Here is the rest of the QC Pics. Let me know what you guys think, reject or no?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6680.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	498.2 KB 
ID:	718217Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6690.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	409.5 KB 
ID:	718225Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6688.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	365.7 KB 
ID:	718224Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6687.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	399.6 KB 
ID:	718223Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6685.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	398.3 KB 
ID:	718222Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6684.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	559.6 KB 
ID:	718221Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6683.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	466.5 KB 
ID:	718220Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6682.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	407.0 KB 
ID:	718219Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6681.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	408.8 KB 
ID:	718218Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6692.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	416.7 KB 
ID:	718226
    From
    Brisbane, Australia
    Mar 31, 2017, 10:34 AM - Re: Official v3 nike mag replica thread - v3 discussion thread #93

Apart from those crease lines in the toes, nothing wrong with that pair.

So I would go back to them with the idea of a discount for cosmetics.

I personally think that with a clean damp cloth and toe box stuffed with a sock, that you would be able to iron out those wrinkles.

Mar 31, 2017, 10:38 AM - Re: Official v3 nike mag replica thread - v3 discussion thread #94

I tried ordering a pair last night, and my transaction was denied. I found out this morning that it was fraud protection on my credit card. Kind of glad it happened that way cause 1. It was 516$ instead of the supposed 484$, and 2. My transaction tried to go through twice which may have been my fault trying to get back to the page with the order number. Maybe I'd be better going and having a Western Union transaction done. Also I could be wrong, but I thought you'd get a 15% discount when using the coupon code, not a 15$ discount?
    Mar 31, 2017, 3:42 PM - Re: Official v3 nike mag replica thread - v3 discussion thread #95

Just sent money via Western Union. Keeping my fingers crossed everything works out!
  21. Member Since
    Jul 2016
    Mar 31, 2017, 6:05 PM - Re: Official v3 nike mag replica thread - v3 discussion thread #96

Just sent money via Western Union. Keeping my fingers crossed everything works out!
    someone else said davidjones team will deliver
    they want to make money and need a good reputation...
    From
    Brisbane, Australia
    Mar 31, 2017, 7:29 PM - Re: Official v3 nike mag replica thread - v3 discussion thread #97

Also I could be wrong, but I thought you'd get a 15% discount when using the coupon code, not a 15$ discount?
    Yeah. I was doing the calculations on my pair and I certainly didn't get 15% off either. I paid $454 but I am sure $499 less 15% is closer to $424. Anyway, I agreed to pay the price so no use complaining now.

I will be hitting them up for the next pair for sure.
    Last edited by cavx; Mar 31, 2017 at 7:51 PM.
    Apr 1, 2017, 10:32 AM - Re: Official v3 nike mag replica thread - v3 discussion thread #98

Couple of semi-off topic questions. First, what would you call the little metal movie logo plate that people have displayed in front of their props, similar to what Jedifyfe has in front of his mags he has displayed in his prop room? Also wonder where you could find something like that, or where would you have it made? The last thing is, where would be the best place to see my V2 mags? Looking to sell them for about 150$. With the V3's coming, no real need for the V2's anymore.
    From
    Brisbane, Australia
    Apr 1, 2017, 10:43 AM - Re: Official v3 nike mag replica thread - v3 discussion thread #99

Most laser engraving places can do the plate for you. Not sure if it has a name other than nsme plaque.
    Try eBay thought I have not been having luck there. Scammers using fake or stolen eBay accounts buy my listings within 2 hours. Then I get notification that eBay had to pull the sale due to the account owner not actually bidding on the item.
    Avoid listing as NIKE and even replicas. I had listings cancelled due to copyright laws for that. Lately I have been listing in the men's shoes as MAG V3's.

Apr 1, 2017, 11:16 AM - Re: Official v3 nike mag replica thread - v3 discussion thread #100

Thanks Cavx, I appreciate it!