Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

This may have been asked before but does anyone have tips for getting rid of the smell on these things? I’ve aired mine out but the adhesive still stinks like crazy.

Would you actually want the big white box? I thought it was hideous. I'm keeping my yellow box, but not a fan of that either.

i like the uranium box
ive sseen some disk jockey boxes that need stickers thats it

6881339-Disc-Jockey-box-isolated-on-white-background-Shallow-depth-of-field-Stock-Photo.jpg

This may have been asked before but does anyone have tips for getting rid of the smell on these things? I’ve aired mine out but the adhesive still stinks like crazy.

LOL I always thought that smell was desireable with these.

- - - Updated - - -

i like the uranium box
ive sseen some disk jockey boxes that need stickers thats it

View attachment 736229

Plutonium, dude :)

My ones smell less after I wore them a few times but trust me their smell is better than those plastic/foam clog things at the cheap Asian shops lol
You could try the Odor Eaters spray can, though that's generally for 'stank foot smell' - it might work....

View attachment 736296

I bought some cheap acrylic shoes display on Aliexpress ;)

Creative :)

sigh even sole collector calls them 'air mags'. There's no air bubble in these, people! Though that would be cool, there's no room unless you put in a third-party air bubble insole.
https://solecollector.com/news/2017...llector&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

Didn't that pair in HK go for over $100K?

Anyway, yes, there is no air sole in these. The (almost) funny part is, the clear sole is supposed to be the air sole and the EL light are supped to the "glowing air bags".

In a way, I am glad these V3 MAGs don't have an air sole. I was wearing my real NIKE AIR shoes the other day and stepped on a thumb tack someone had left on the ground. I could both hear it ticking away under the ball of my foot as well as feel it as I walked, so I pulled it out. Only to hear that fatal PTSSSS! Not happy Jan as those shoes had an RRP of $249.00 and I can feel there is no support under the front half of the shoe.

The cleverest "air sole" was in another shoe, also originally from 1989 and that was the NIKE AIR PRESSURE. Not sure if the retros have the same set up as the 1989 original which had the air sole as part of the sock liner and it ran the full length of the sole. This meant that should it be compromised, it could be replaced. All AIR shoes should have had a similar design IMO.

Last edited:
20170613_193920.jpg20170613_193934.jpg

I was able to retrofit new electronics into the v3s as mine were completely shot. I bought a pair of new precut v3 Els from Ebay and an digital inverter from back light 4u as recommended by @Catfish45. Originally I was disappointed as when I tested this inverter on my v2 els they were dim and green. But it had turned out the v3 els are optimized for digital inverters and they worked great. I used the existing Nike Part EL and Leds. The Nike EL I connected to the now unused battery wire so it came into the sole and connected it along with the sole EL to the inverter. The LEDs come out as red yellow and black wire. Red and yellow go to the positive terminal and black to negative. They run off 3.7v the same voltage as the digital inverter. Then I just placed a small switch in between the battery and it was all good. The only problem is since I am such a novice at soldering I left my self a lot of slack in the wire as seen in the picture so I could solder outside of the shoe. I am now learning I am gonna have to redo that as although the inverter is super small and able to be hidden the wire takes up a ton of space.

This cost like 75 bucks. The inverters were 30 with shipping from Germany, the Els 25 and the Batteries were 18 for 4 with a charger. Only a little cheaper than what davids site wanted but this will be able to be repaired more easily and the Els are laminated and said to be much more durable.

Attachments

• 20170613_193912.jpg
    20170613_193912.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 98
View attachment 736353View attachment 736354

I was able to retrofit new electronics into the v3s as mine were completely shot. I bought a pair of new precut v3 Els from Ebay and an digital inverter from back light 4u as recommended by @Catfish45. Originally I was disappointed as when I tested this inverter on my v2 els they were dim and green. But it had turned out the v3 els are optimized for digital inverters and they worked great. I used the existing Nike Part EL and Leds. The Nike EL I connected to the now unused battery wire so it came into the sole and connected it along with the sole EL to the inverter. The LEDs come out as red yellow and black wire. Red and yellow go to the positive terminal and black to negative. They run off 3.7v the same voltage as the digital inverter. Then I just placed a small switch in between the battery and it was all good. The only problem is since I am such a novice at soldering I left my self a lot of slack in the wire as seen in the picture so I could solder outside of the shoe. I am now learning I am gonna have to redo that as although the inverter is super small and able to be hidden the wire takes up a ton of space.

This cost like 75 bucks. The inverters were 30 with shipping from Germany, the Els 25 and the Batteries were 18 for 4 with a charger. Only a little cheaper than what davids site wanted but this will be able to be repaired more easily and the Els are laminated and said to be much more durable.
Those look great, glad those inverters worked out. How does the color of the El look compared to the V3s?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Great job! I will try to do the same as I'm expecting my V3s (defective lights) soon. I have a light kit from airair but I think I will go with your design and order those parts. Novice also so going to test out EL's and lights first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you were able to repair them. I've not bothered with my wear pair. And with wiring, in general it's always good to have a little slack somewhere, especially in things that move (if you'll be wearing them, for example) - if there's a bit of slack in the cables rather than 'just fitting' it's much less likely to pull the soldering out or something like that. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back