Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

Thanks for looking at them cavx. Yes I do intend to wear them maybe twice a year. I rejected them since I'm paying so much money for them, It would make sense to get the updated one. I'll post the 2nd QC once they email me back. Thanks again!

Looks like i just sold my US10 display pair, so when I a pair of US7 to replace them for display, I will specifically be asking for the dimmed LEDs.

Oh the drama.

Hello cavx01,We had to cancel bids and purchases on the following item(s) for the buyer, n*************f, because they were made without the account owner's permission:
322464703241 - Replica V3 MAGs

WOW, just wow. I was unsure about and even my wife said something didn't seem right with this one. Too fast. Bought with in 2 hours of listing. With in 2 hours? Hmm where else was that relevant again?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for looking at them cavx. Yes I do intend to wear them maybe twice a year. I rejected them since I'm paying so much money for them, It would make sense to get the updated one. I'll post the 2nd QC once they email me back. Thanks again!

In the end, it will depend on a few things - how you walk, climb steps etc and even how much you weigh will all impact how long the wireing lasts. The shoes themselves are amazing. The wires are just so thin, they will break easy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got mine today from sneakerhead, ordered last week. Very Happy. Thanks for everyone for sharing all the info.
088.JPG

Does anyone know how the fit for the mag are? Are they true to size or should I have a half size up? I'm a 8.5 US thanks

These are true to size. Even though my measured foot is US9.5, I always buy NIKE/Jordans in a US10. With these MAGs and their slimmed toe, I was tempted to go a size up.

They are stiff when you first put them on, but once they break in, really comfortable. I'm glad I bought 10s and not 11s now, because I think my foot would move in them.

I'm arriving late on the post but i'm glad there's a topic especially for the V3s, we needed it !
Yesterday i got tired of my V3s lighting randomly when there is a pressure on the wires and i got quite lucky on both shoes, all i had to do is twisting a little the wires and my shoes got working great again, even after a hour of walking test, running jumping etc ... Of course the EL panels are still broken tho.
The only thing that made me worry a little is that i could ear an little electric noise while the batteries are charging, Have you experienced it guys or it's completly normal ?

I was just in the fence since they only have the updated version in a size 9. I wear air Jordan in a 8.5 but I do only a pair of Nike foamposite in a size 9. I was planning to change the insole since I have flat feet. Do you think that will help? Do you think I should keep the 8.5? Please help

- - - Updated - - -

I was just on the fence since they only have the updated version in a size 9. I wear air Jordan in a 8.5 but I do only a pair of Nike foamposite in a size 9. I was planning to change the insole since I have flat feet. Do you think that will help? Do you think I should keep the 8.5? Please help

Wait for your true size to be in stock again the shoes look really big already and feel big when you're wearing them. Be patient they're worth the wait. ;)

@ Klen Thanks for your feedback. The issue is that they have my size which is 8.5 but not with the updated LED fix. There isn't a updated version model in my size. However they do have a size 9 with the updated LED light. If you like check my QC pics I posted. I want more like this. IMG_0488.JPG And not like this IMG_0491.JPG

Have you thought about asking for a discount for the old version and simply apply polish nail on the led bubble, it will look crystal clear and will make you save money, plus the frosted coating on the bubble is so thin that the heat of the LEDS will make you get some clear spots on the bubble (self experienced on 2 pairs), plus to be honest, when you'll wear those a few times the electronics with just break, the wires are very weak and too much exposed to foot pressures, so it is just a matter of knowing what you will do with your pair.

Display pair : Wait for them to get back the updated version since you will not light often the shoes and won't damage the electronics (keep in mind you'll have to charge the shoes every 2 month to keep the batteries alive)

Wearing pair : Focus to get the cheapest price since the electronics will break anyway and the LED bubble will get clear by itself at random spots because you'll light your shoes when you'll be walking. :cool

Last edited:
@ Klen Thanks for your feedback. The issue is that they have my size which is 8.5 but not with the updated LED fix. There isn't a updated version model in my size. However they do have a size 9 with the updated LED light.

I don't quite understand why they would not have updated LEDs on all sizes as the LEDs would be the same on all shoes. They also would wire the soles before they add the upper.

I don't quite understand why they would not have updated LEDs on all sizes as the LEDs would be the same on all shoes. They also would wire the soles before they add the upper.
Hype about V3 is probably gone since we all know the difference, the defaults, so production has been reduced or stopped, i just hope that an upgrade version will come out...

@Klen I haven't thought of that to be honest. lol do you have any pics so that I can get an ideas of what it might look like?
I'll show you some.

Last edited:
Hype about V3 is probably gone since we all know the difference, the defaults, so production has been reduced or stopped, i just hope that an upgrade version will come out...
@ Klen I haven't thought of that to be honest. lol do you have any pics so that I can get an ideas of what it might look like?
I'll show you some.

I am sure that they have not stopped production of these. Slowed, maybe...

I really hope we get another video by the dude that called the V2 "neck breakers" back in 2012. I'd so love to see what he has to say about these V3s.

Update on the fabric protection "Re-Align" spray I used in my video. Curiosity got the better of me today and I dribbled some water onto the toe box of one shoe. It just sat there in a small beads. I blew on it and rolled off down the side and did not leave even a hint of colour change. Not sure how these will go in the rain though and I am certainly not doing the sauce test. It was pretty cool to see and no waxy residue like the "Never-Wet". And it didn't turn my laces yellow like I heard about using "Crep Protect". If I get time tomorrow, I might see if I can capture it on video.

To defrost the V3 bubble? Yes that will work. It may help to frost the bubbles on other variations MAGs.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back