Page 3 of 83 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast
Subscribe
    From
    Brisbane, Australia
    Mar 28, 2017, 2:33 AM - Re: Official v3 nike mag replica thread - v3 discussion thread #51

Klen said: View Post
    Wait for your true size to be in stock again the shoes look really big already and feel big when you're wearing them. Be patient they're worth the wait.
    LOL, I must have fat feet :P
  2. Member Since
    Oct 2016
    Mar 28, 2017, 3:28 AM - Re: Official v3 nike mag replica thread - v3 discussion thread #52

@ Klen Thanks for your feedback. The issue is that they have my size which is 8.5 but not with the updated LED fix. There isn't a updated version model in my size. However they do have a size 9 with the updated LED light. If you like check my QC pics I posted. I want more like this. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0488.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	523.2 KB 
ID:	717450 And not like this Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0491.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	644.0 KB 
ID:	717451
    From
    Aix En Provence (France)
    Mar 28, 2017, 3:41 AM - Re: Official v3 nike mag replica thread - v3 discussion thread #53

Have you thought about asking for a discount for the old version and simply apply polish nail on the led bubble, it will look crystal clear and will make you save money, plus the frosted coating on the bubble is so thin that the heat of the LEDS will make you get some clear spots on the bubble (self experienced on 2 pairs), plus to be honest, when you'll wear those a few times the electronics with just break, the wires are very weak and too much exposed to foot pressures, so it is just a matter of knowing what you will do with your pair.

Display pair : Wait for them to get back the updated version since you will not light often the shoes and won't damage the electronics (keep in mind you'll have to charge the shoes every 2 month to keep the batteries alive)

Wearing pair : Focus to get the cheapest price since the electronics will break anyway and the LED bubble will get clear by itself at random spots because you'll light your shoes when you'll be walking.
    Last edited by Klen; Mar 28, 2017 at 3:53 AM.
  4. Member Since
    Oct 2016
    Mar 28, 2017, 3:49 AM - Re: Official v3 nike mag replica thread - v3 discussion thread #54

@ Klen I haven't thought of that to be honest. lol do you have any pics so that I can get an ideas of what it might look like?
    From
    Brisbane, Australia
    Mar 28, 2017, 4:34 AM - Re: Official v3 nike mag replica thread - v3 discussion thread #55

Foxdie1987 said: View Post
    @ Klen Thanks for your feedback. The issue is that they have my size which is 8.5 but not with the updated LED fix. There isn't a updated version model in my size. However they do have a size 9 with the updated LED light.
    I don't quite understand why they would not have updated LEDs on all sizes as the LEDs would be the same on all shoes. They also would wire the soles before they add the upper.
    From
    Aix En Provence (France)
    Mar 28, 2017, 5:36 AM - Re: Official v3 nike mag replica thread - v3 discussion thread #56

cavx said: View Post
    I don't quite understand why they would not have updated LEDs on all sizes as the LEDs would be the same on all shoes. They also would wire the soles before they add the upper.
    Hype about V3 is probably gone since we all know the difference, the defaults, so production has been reduced or stopped, i just hope that an upgrade version will come out...

@Klen I haven't thought of that to be honest. lol do you have any pics so that I can get an ideas of what it might look like?
    I'll show you some.
    Last edited by Klen; Mar 28, 2017 at 12:53 PM.
    From
    Brisbane, Australia
    Mar 28, 2017, 5:40 AM - Re: Official v3 nike mag replica thread - v3 discussion thread #57

Klen said: View Post
    Hype about V3 is probably gone since we all know the difference, the defaults, so production has been reduced or stopped, i just hope that an upgrade version will come out...
    @ Klen I haven't thought of that to be honest. lol do you have any pics so that I can get an ideas of what it might look like?
    I'll show you some.
    I am sure that they have not stopped production of these. Slowed, maybe...

I really hope we get another video by the dude that called the V2 "neck breakers" back in 2012. I'd so love to see what he has to say about these V3s.
    From
    Brisbane, Australia
    Mar 28, 2017, 7:33 AM - Re: Official v3 nike mag replica thread - v3 discussion thread #58

Update on the fabric protection "Re-Align" spray I used in my video. Curiosity got the better of me today and I dribbled some water onto the toe box of one shoe. It just sat there in a small beads. I blew on it and rolled off down the side and did not leave even a hint of colour change. Not sure how these will go in the rain though and I am certainly not doing the sauce test. It was pretty cool to see and no waxy residue like the "Never-Wet". And it didn't turn my laces yellow like I heard about using "Crep Protect". If I get time tomorrow, I might see if I can capture it on video.
    Mar 28, 2017, 8:49 PM - Official v3 nike mag replica thread - v3 discussion thread #59

Is this the right type of nail polish to frost
    The bubble

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    From
    Brisbane, Australia
    Mar 28, 2017, 9:08 PM - Re: Official v3 nike mag replica thread - v3 discussion thread #60

To defrost the V3 bubble? Yes that will work. It may help to frost the bubbles on other variations MAGs.
    Mar 28, 2017, 9:11 PM - Official v3 nike mag replica thread - v3 discussion thread #61

cavx said: View Post
    To defrost the V3 bubble? Yes that will work. It may help to frost the bubbles on other variations MAGs.
    So what should be the official way (or most used) way to make the Bubble look frosted
    From
    Brisbane, Australia
    Mar 28, 2017, 9:16 PM - Re: Official v3 nike mag replica thread - v3 discussion thread #62

ZaneyDevlin said: View Post
    So what should be the official way (or most used) way to make the Bubble look frosted
    You want somewhere in between clear and the frosted look of the V3 bubble.

When I did mine, it was a really hot day and the nail polish was setting before it had time to self level, so I had streaks from the brush. I gave it a 2nd and even a 3rd coat, but it didn't fix that, so I took wet and dry sand paper (wet the paper, not the shoe) and buffed it back. The result came out quite a bit better than just a clear bubble.
    From
    Aix En Provence (France)
    Mar 29, 2017, 8:01 AM - Re: Official v3 nike mag replica thread - v3 discussion thread #63

Here is a set of photo to show what a crystal clear LED bubble looks like.

And the Nail Polish used for this :

Last edited by Klen; Mar 29, 2017 at 8:08 AM.
    From
    Brisbane, Australia
    Mar 29, 2017, 8:30 AM - Re: Official v3 nike mag replica thread - v3 discussion thread #64

WOW that is clean. My bubbles are actually full of tiny bubbles almost like they pressure cast them but didn't quite have enough pressure.
    Mar 29, 2017, 8:33 AM - Re: Official v3 nike mag replica thread - v3 discussion thread #65

Getting ready to order a pair of V3's, but I had a few questions first. If I contact David, regarding QC pics, double boxing, and led fix, should I contact him through the RPF or through Sneakerahead? If I'm happy with the pics, do I go on to the site and order, or does he place the order for me? If I order, does he just look for my name to pop up, so he sees to it that I get that particular pair? Sorry, probably putting too much thought into this. Just want to do it right. Thanks!
    From
    Aix En Provence (France)
    Mar 29, 2017, 8:58 AM - Re: Official v3 nike mag replica thread - v3 discussion thread #66

KMG79 said: View Post
    Getting ready to order a pair of V3's, but I had a few questions first. If I contact David, regarding QC pics, double boxing, and led fix, should I contact him through the RPF or through Sneakerahead? If I'm happy with the pics, do I go on to the site and order, or does he place the order for me? If I order, does he just look for my name to pop up, so he sees to it that I get that particular pair? Sorry, probably putting too much thought into this. Just want to do it right. Thanks!
    You can reach him on skype too his nickname is zhilongtrade.
    From
    Brisbane, Australia
    Mar 29, 2017, 9:24 AM - Re: Official v3 nike mag replica thread - v3 discussion thread #67

Getting ready to order a pair of V3's
    Once you place your order, Martha or Rebecca will contact you with instructions on how to pay. It is then that you need to (politely) ask for the things you want.

Don't be frustrated with them if you don't get the answer you want right away. It was several emails to get the point across about no tears on the magnets flap. My shoes came double boxed and the box is near perfect. English is not their first language and so assume they are not dumb just because they don't understand everything you say in English right away.
  18. RPF Premium Member WizardBTTF's Avatar
    Mar 29, 2017, 2:06 PM - Re: Official v3 nike mag replica thread - v3 discussion thread #68

This is what I was sent when I asked for a "good box with no damage." It's ridiculous as it was clearly damaged BEFORE it was shipped. The box they shipped it in didn't even have damage on it like this. They didn't even put the size label on the box straight...so frustrating dealing with Sneakerahead and his sales team recently.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2335.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	3.66 MB 
ID:	717772   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2334.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	3.80 MB 
ID:	717774   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2336.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	3.67 MB 
ID:	717775  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2331.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	4.51 MB 
ID:	717776   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2332.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	3.38 MB 
ID:	717777   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2333.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	3.89 MB 
ID:	717773  

Mar 29, 2017, 3:17 PM - Re: Official v3 nike mag replica thread - v3 discussion thread #69

Once you place your order, Martha or Rebecca will contact you with instructions on how to pay. It is then that you need to (politely) ask for the things you want.
    Is this when you'd ask for QC pics as well? When they contact me about payment instructions, I assume it's fairly easy, straightforward, and legit? I was hoping to pay by credit card. Also, may be a homer for asking, QC stands for...?
    Mar 29, 2017, 3:50 PM - Re: Official v3 nike mag replica thread - v3 discussion thread #70

Is this when you'd ask for QC pics as well? When they contact me about payment instructions, I assume it's fairly easy, straightforward, and legit? I was hoping to pay by credit card. Also, may be a homer for asking, QC stands for...?
    QC=Quality Control

- - - Updated - - -

So happy that there is FINALLY a thread solely.....hehehe solely for the V3
    From
    Brisbane, Australia
    Mar 29, 2017, 6:13 PM - Re: Official v3 nike mag replica thread - v3 discussion thread #71

WizardBTTF said: View Post
    This is what I was sent when I asked for a "good box with no damage." It's ridiculous as it was clearly damaged BEFORE it was shipped. The box they shipped it in didn't even have damage on it like this. They didn't even put the size label on the box straight...so frustrating dealing with Sneakerahead and his sales team recently.
    Is this the box the shoes came in or one you ordered?

I think I will ask for them not to ship in a box for the next pair and see if I can get a discount for that.
    Mar 29, 2017, 7:11 PM - Re: Official v3 nike mag replica thread - v3 discussion thread #72

When I order my V2's from DHGate last summer, the box wasn't even recognizable. They basically broke the box completely down, had one flattened part on bottom, shoes sandwiched in the middle with the ankle part bent leaving creases, and the other flattened box part on top. It was a joke! I know more than likely it was customs, but hopefully I have better luck this time with Sneakerahead!
  23. Member Since
    Jul 2015
    Mar 29, 2017, 9:07 PM - Re: Official v3 nike mag replica thread - v3 discussion thread #73

Honest question but since I've never had a pair before, are the lights suppose to blink as the poster states when charging or not? Mine do not blink/come on when plugged in...
    From
    Brisbane, Australia
    Mar 29, 2017, 11:25 PM - Re: Official v3 nike mag replica thread - v3 discussion thread #74

Krateness said: View Post
    Honest question but since I've never had a pair before, are the lights suppose to blink as the poster states when charging or not? Mine do not blink/come on when plugged in...
    They are supposed to, but these V3s don't. No red LED for charging and no green to let you know they are done.

- - - Updated - - -

When I order my V2's from DHGate last summer, the box wasn't even recognizable. They basically broke the box completely down, had one flattened part on bottom, shoes sandwiched in the middle with the ankle part bent leaving creases, and the other flattened box part on top. It was a joke! I know more than likely it was customs, but hopefully I have better luck this time with Sneakerahead!
    I wouldn't buy from DHGate. They don't even show photos of the product they sell, just images they pull off the net. Order V3s off them and you might end up with a modded V2.
  25. RPF Premium Member MattgomeryBurns's Avatar
    From
    Los Angeles
    Mar 30, 2017, 12:35 AM - Re: Official v3 nike mag replica thread - v3 discussion thread #75

WizardBTTF said: View Post
    Damn, that sucks. I must've lucked out with my box. I ordered my shoes during the first wave and didn't think about asking for box w/o damage. But it arrived damage free.

The good thing about those stickers is that they're easy to peel off w/o damaging the surface of the box.