Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

I just made the jump and bought a pair of v3s! Very excited to have these! Will keep everyone informed and see if I have one of the newer batches with all the improvements! Can't wait to get these guys!

You'll love them. They start off a little stiff in the uppers, particularly in the toe box. But after you've worn them a few times they become more comfortable. I haven't worn my V2's for ages now because the V3's are so good. Both in looks and comfort. :)

I actually recently sold my V2's to able to afford the V3's didn't seem any point in having a half modded pair when I'd have the better detailed V3... I will wearing these for my wedding in May! They literally match the suit and nothing could be more perfect for it!

I did have some trouble to start with, while ordering... After a fair few few "transaction failure" messages I received an email saying that order confirmation had been received, but I return to the website to look at "My Account" and it's still showing up as "Failed" but I have had email confirmation and the money has left my account... Anybody shed any light on this? I've left a message but I doubt they'll see it over the weekend, and I'm waiting for somebody to come online on their end so I can open up a live chat...

Thanks Cavx I think adding pics of all the versions would be a great idea.

For some reason, the pics were visible in the thread on my PC, but not on my phone. I can see them both now.

I'll put up some when I get my updated version V3's. :)

Do that :)

Are the el panels still weak on these or did David upgrade them at all. Also are they still a hair dinner than the real deal mags

He did show images of what looked like tape holding the wires to the back. That may help the actual wires breaking off the back (as appears to have happened with mine), but does not solve the issue of the weak spot in between the two domes. So sort of fixed at this stage.

I just made the jump and bought a pair of v3s! Very excited to have these! Will keep everyone informed and see if I have one of the newer batches with all the improvements! Can't wait to get these guys!

Post your QC pics and we will let you know what you have.

No pictures show on my screen in the first post.

Yeah, there was an issue on my phone as well. They both show up now.

Thanks @cavx all the right information in one place:)

That is the plan. An because I am an active member here, I want to be able to update both the first two posts with relevant info or images when they come about. That V2 mod thread has us diving through literally hundreds of pages just to find a parts list that could have been copied and pasted into post #1 by the OP. Unless there is a time limit on editing posts, I want to keep it all up to date with an easy to find post.

Yeah, there was an issue on my phone as well. They both show up now.

Something's still not right. I tried viewing the thread in 3 different browsers; Firefox, Chrome, and IE. One shows nothing, one shows image icons, the other shows X's.

Is no one else not seeing the images? My computer does not struggle with this type of stuff.

Something's still not right. I tried viewing the thread in 3 different browsers; Firefox, Chrome, and IE. One shows nothing, one shows image icons, the other shows X's.

Is no one else not seeing the images? My computer does not struggle with this type of stuff.

They've never shown up for me. I always view the rpf on my macbook.

Is that both images? I could initially only see the first one on my phone. I can see both now. Also what about the video links in Post #2?

OK I have reloaded both images to be thumb nails at the bottom as well as embed the images into the thread. If they are not visible now, then Admin might need to assist.

Both images are now showing up on my phone, but they show up twice, once in the thread and again at the end.

I posted a video in post #2 about fabric protection. Here is how they look after they dry.

9d365dbf063e6a2e049ebc60d0e2a51a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OK I have reloaded both images to be thumb nails at the bottom as well as embed the images into the thread. If they are not visible now, then Admin might need to assist.

Both images are now showing up on my phone, but they show up twice, once in the thread and again at the end.

They all work now! :thumbsup Sorry to have harped on it, just wanted your new thread to have the info you intended for newbies. We appreciate your efforts Cavx!

They all work now! :thumbsup Sorry to have harped on it, just wanted your new thread to have the info you intended for newbies. We appreciate your efforts Cavx!
Good to hear that they work now.
Not sure if anyone noticed, I changed the V2 image to my pair before I modded them because my V2s don't look like V2s much anymore. Kind of like a messy V3.

That previous photo of the shoes is meant to show no colour difference between treated and untreated fabric, and because the image is quite dark, I re-shot a photo to hopefully better show what I had done in my video.

9d6ad655aa1f90b97735f2a0a579fdf1.jpg

The shoe on the right is from my wear pair and the same shoe I spray in the video I added to post #2.

Also here is my charge kit that I also talk about in the video.

6f2458e81569b4ceddd3dc0add2a121a.jpg

3aa762165314bf6b6c8e467034a5a4bf.jpg

277b69ccf94b04a514144571b9268ad3.jpg

e1ea84a972f2167f0fd3294139fa06dd.jpg

Silly question but does changing out the inserts help any with preventing wiring issues?

I'd like to say yes, but based on the fact that I still broke wires, probably not. What I did gain was the nice big arch as i bought a pair of insoles that are almost like orthotics. These do make wearing the MAGs better because of the arch support the factory insole lacks.

Has anyone else had an issue with their charger? I am asking because I have been contacted by an owner of V3 MAGs and he says his charger died and wanted to get a replacement.
I have never had a factory charger so I rigged up a USB to DC 0.7mm lead set up that has worked great.
Problem is, it looks like the 0.7mm tips are on the deleted line as none of the parts stores either have any or are reordering.
This is of concern.
Is there any one that thinks buying up what is left is a knee jerk reaction?

8e2edaffbfc5a5d49e775c797f00bdd0.jpg

Hey Fam! I just got my QC Pics for my Mags! What do you guys think? I don't think these are the version with the improved light. Should I ask for the improved model?

Attachments

• IMG_5820.JPG
    IMG_5820.JPG
    362.9 KB · Views: 716
  • IMG_5821.JPG
    IMG_5821.JPG
    445.1 KB · Views: 377
  • IMG_5822.JPG
    IMG_5822.JPG
    417.2 KB · Views: 354
  • IMG_5824.JPG
    IMG_5824.JPG
    401.2 KB · Views: 761
  • IMG_5825.JPG
    IMG_5825.JPG
    333.8 KB · Views: 377
  • IMG_5826.JPG
    IMG_5826.JPG
    637.4 KB · Views: 449
  • IMG_5827.JPG
    IMG_5827.JPG
    406.8 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_5829.JPG
    IMG_5829.JPG
    690 KB · Views: 357
  • IMG_5830.JPG
    IMG_5830.JPG
    390.3 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG_5831.JPG
    IMG_5831.JPG
    390.3 KB · Views: 306
RIP my old thread. It had a good run :lol

It still lives :) And no doubt, will for some time.

Hey Fam! I just got my QC Pics for my Mags! What do you guys think? I don't think these are the version with the improved light. Should I ask for the improved model?

Shoes look clean. No they are not the new dimmed LED light version. Before you reject these, question, do you intend to wear them? Because if you do, you might find that after a short time, the wires break and you won't have lights anyway.

Looks like i just sold my US10 display pair, so when I a pair of US7 to replace them for display, I will specifically be asking for the dimmed LEDs.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back