Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

Has "David" ever given a reason why the shoes went so much up in price? And is there any other trusted site to buy from?
Yes in an email conversation. I told him that I didn't agree with his approach to this and he agreed to drop off the excess for my next pair.

Basically, it is to cover the cost of a replacement pair. So I informed him that whilst my first pair did have faulty batteries, the 2nd pair did not and still work perfectly fine today, therefore why should I be charged extra for a service I may never use?

Shipping in the big yellow box is also not helping the cause. It does cost a fair bit due to the cubic volume of the box.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

Someone asked about cleaning stains off the uppers with acetone.

Over the last 24 hours, I seem to have got an oily stain on the inner seam on one of my display pair. I think it came from the RIT dye I have used on the soles of that pair when I was going to take a lights on shot in the tube bag and had to position the shoes in a crossed fashion to get them to fit.

I could see the stain in natural light but under artificial light, it was hard to tell if it was a stain or a crease in the fabric.

Anyway, after warm soapy water did nothing, I decided to test the acetone and the stain no longer appears to be there. It did not bleach or stain so seems to be OK.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

So here's a question. With the V3's at $699 and the V3.1's at $709 and the V4's at $2000....what is the TRUE market value of each.

Here is my take:

V3's $550
V3.1's $650
V4's $1000 (though in all honesty, I never recommend buying these)

THis is based on a working pair that has NOT been worn. Thoughts?

So here's a question. With the V3's at $699 and the V3.1's at $709 and the V4's at $2000....what is the TRUE market value of each.

Here is my take:

V3's $550
V3.1's $650
V4's $1000 (though in all honesty, I never recommend buying these)

THis is based on a working pair that has NOT been worn. Thoughts?

Barter with the Chinese as they like to do, and you should be able to score your brand new V3.1 for $499USD. That is the price I have been given.

What are they actually worth? Less than $300, but...

What are the V3.1's?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

A lame attempt at an upgrade. All they really did was dim the LEDs in the heel cup bubble. Admittingly they do look much better, but that slight mod doesn't support the higher price or does it make the shoes any more wearable. The wires are thin and are prone to breaking just as easy as the original version of this shoe.

Barter with the Chinese as they like to do, and you should be able to score your brand new V3.1 for $499USD. That is the price I have been given.

What are they actually worth? Less than $300, but...

So you are assuming that you get a good pair without issues or customs confiscation. Right now, I think it's about 1 in every 5 shoes that get's confiscated. And it's 1 in 1 shoes that has electronics failure. Add in the cost of having either broken shoes (and ordering a new pair) or being able to have them fixed. The price is WAYYY higher than the $300 or $499 to actually get them...

So you are assuming that you get a good pair without issues or customs confiscation. Right now, I think it's about 1 in every 5 shoes that get's confiscated. And it's 1 in 1 shoes that has electronics failure. Add in the cost of having either broken shoes (and ordering a new pair) or being able to have them fixed. The price is WAYYY higher than the $300 or $499 to actually get them...

The "rule of thumb" in manufacturing is 7x the manufacturing cost of the product so even at $499, he was making good money per pair. The additional $210 is to cover a replacement pair and or customs seizure and includes the shipping. So the 210 price is what he needs to sell for, and he would still be making a profit. Everything else is cream on the cake.

The Chinese currency is the RMB and where $1USD buys about 6.3RMB.

So I do find it interesting that he was offering replacement pairs when the V3 was listed at $499, but now claims that he needs an extra $210USD to do the same deal, yet is prepared to drop that to make a sale.

At the time I bought mine, the warranty was just 30 days and I only think he offered that because of the amount of chatter here. The V2s certainly didn't have anything and maybe you got a $5.00 discount off the next pair.

The most expensive part of these shoes for him would be international shipping in that ridiculously big box. Because shipping companies like use both weight (and these shoes are light) and cubic volume, the size of the box ups the price. If I was to ship that box to the US, I am looking at about $120 to do so. Ship the shoes in a bag and it is about $30. Big difference.

Quotes to ship that Tube Bag are close to $300, due to the size.

What is the real issue with the shoes? In most cases, the batteries die due to being cheap, nasty products. The wire breakages are a separate issue and won't be covered by any warranty or exchange program.

Customs seizing shoes is really luck of the draw. They are counterfeit after all. Of course none of us want that to happen and is good that that sneakerahead have covered forum members in the past. How long they continue to do that remains to be seen.

I think he needs to go back to the original plan and IF you need a replacement pair, you pay the fee to cover them at that time.

Last edited:
Does anyone know where I can source the spare electronics for the v3’s.? I’m gonna wear mine to Ready Player One and more than likely they will break. So looking for a repair kit before hand and to safeguard myself against any future defect. Cheers

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back