Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

Not at all. They were a depreciating asset.

I do have to wonder when that bubble is going to burst, because you are correct, these do have a limited shelf life thanks to a sealed battery.

I took inspiration from your prop room video and bought some big plastic tubs to store the items like boxes and old MAG projects that I don't want to just throw away - yet.

I won't be selling those Stompers anytime soon. I don't care if the price drops. I have wanted these for a very long time. I am thinking I might just have to buy one of those industrial aluminum steps (about $80, but should look cool) as a shelf display for them. I am also recycling all the 'gone into gel state" polyurethane left in the cups from sole pours, by whipping air back in and then pouring that on a part of the work bench to create a rubber replica pool of alien drool. I am hoping I can get it to eventually drip off the side so when cured, I can have it look like it is dripping off the shelf/step or what ever I end up using. I also have my "ALIEN" tile (that is not in any of the movies BTW) as a back plate and am looking at sourcing some yellow Perspex for the W of the Weyland/Yutani logo which I will get laser cut.

I am thinking shelves might be best for the BTTF 2 stuff as well.

The V3's are SO damn close to them that I am just happy to still have 3 pairs of those (all working).

Except those p1ss yellow soles. Working on more clears now. The new mold seems to be doing what is needed. I am also pouring them by their part weight now. So for example, the front oval part is 25 grams and this ensures uniform thickness from each pour.

Hey everyone,

About a week ago I got a pair of the V3's that I ordered from DHgate. I have to say, I'm pretty damn impressed with the look of them, but after one week I'm having an issue with the lights! And I haven't even worn them. I know there's a shelf life as coincidentally there has been some recent chatter about just on this page, but a week?

I've got a message in with the seller and am hoping they will rectify the issue, but in the mean time I was wondering if anyone here has come across this particular issue and maybe found a solution. My hunch is that aside from tearing the thing down with some electrical know how, there is no fix, but here goes. So it seems to be an issue with the switch as they are turning themselves of anywhere from 5-20 min after being switched on, just one shoe. Anybody see this happen?

Only because Pepsi released the 6500 version. With the dated box.

If they made a Slice one I would be all over it.

The way I see it, Pepsi are #2 up against Coca-Cola and always will be because unlike Coke who is constantly reinventing itself, Pepsi is just Pepsi. Since MAX, when have they actually released anything new? 2015 was a random year that seemed way off in the future back in 1989, but it came (and went) faster then most of us realized. Pepsi had one of the best film based advertising campaigns already done, with a HUGE world wide fan base of 26 years. They should have had Pepsi Perfect out 12 months before hand, so that by October 21, 2015 Pepsi Perfect was a house hold name. They didn't and in the end, seemed like a last minute rush job to make a product in time for that day. And what was it? Nothing new, just original Pepsi in a limited run bottle. Really? It was almost like their marketing department were not even aware. Anyway, done now.

Hey everyone,

About a week ago I got a pair of the V3's that I ordered from DHgate. I have to say, I'm pretty damn impressed with the look of them, but after one week I'm having an issue with the lights! And I haven't even worn them. I know there's a shelf life as coincidentally there has been some recent chatter about just on this page, but a week?

I've got a message in with the seller and am hoping they will rectify the issue, but in the mean time I was wondering if anyone here has come across this particular issue and maybe found a solution. My hunch is that aside from tearing the thing down with some electrical know how, there is no fix, but here goes. So it seems to be an issue with the switch as they are turning themselves of anywhere from 5-20 min after being switched on, just one shoe. Anybody see this happen?

It is not the switch, it is the battery. The switch is momentary. That means when you press it, it allows a pulse of current to flow to the circuit board that turns on the lights. The lights are powered by the battery in the sole. If the lights go out, it is because they have no power.

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

Happened to another guy on here. No fix. He had to get a new pair. His wouldn't stay on either.

I don't know about mine as I wouldn't have a reason to leave them on for that long anyway.

How much did you pay. V3 or v3.1?

Happened to another guy on here. No fix. He had to get a new pair. His wouldn't stay on either.

I don't know about mine as I wouldn't have a reason to leave them on for that long anyway.

And this is why David upped the price tto $709. The extra $210 is his "After Sales Service fee", yet he still wants to charge another $200 for a replacement pair.

I paid $530 including shipping. What's the difference between the V3 and V3.1? I'm not familiar.

The seller responded with:

"Friend, if the shoe is out of power, please charge it.
Do not turn on the light when charging.
The lamp is controlled by hand and cannot be turned off by itself."

Annoying because my initial email already stated that they were charged, and they were turning off on there own. Responded confirming that. We'll see.

- - - Updated - - -

I paid $530 including shipping. What's the difference between the V3 and V3.1? I'm not familiar.

The seller responded with:

"Friend, if the shoe is out of power, please charge it.
Do not turn on the light when charging.
The lamp is controlled by hand and cannot be turned off by itself."

Annoying because my initial email already stated that they were charged, and they were turning off on there own. Responded confirming that. We'll see.

I was supposed to get my new motor and gearbox for my v4's today, but USPS seems to have sent the package to the wrong side of the country.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

I really do hope you can get these fixed.
Me to. It's a 3v motor with a 298:1 gearbox, and it has decent torque. It's definitely an improvement over the cheap motor and gearbox that was already installed. The only possible problem, is if it's too big to fit in the pre-cut hole. If that's the case, I'll have to see if I can use an exacto knife to carve out a bigger space

Me to. It's a 3v motor with a 298:1 gearbox, and it has decent torque. It's definitely an improvement over the cheap motor and gearbox that was already installed. The only possible problem, is if it's too big to fit in the pre-cut hole. If that's the case, I'll have to see if I can use an exacto knife to carve out a bigger space

Not fitting is fear as well. Technically, you can cut the midsole out, right down to the clear outsole if you needed to.

I'll just leave this here.
890ddbe2c0d65d6b017790c84311c56c.jpg

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

Beautiful!! I guess you still have to apply some sort of matte finish to the outside of the cylinder?
It's funny how your MAGs barely fit in there, and yet in the movie, the shoes AND the bulky rubber jacket are supposedly in that bag! haha
Even with MJF's size 7, it'd still be awfully tight if not impossible.
I think all that stuff was able to fit because the shoes weren't stiff so they were able to just cram those things in.

I think all that stuff was able to fit because the shoes weren't stiff so they were able to just cram those things in.
There is actually a fair amount of room in this case. My shoes are not all folded over to fit.

Beautiful!! I guess you still have to apply some sort of matte finish to the outside of the cylinder?
It's funny how your MAGs barely fit in there, and yet in the movie, the shoes AND the bulky rubber jacket are supposedly in that bag! haha
Even with MJF's size 7, it'd still be awfully tight if not impossible.
The lids are wrong and the only reason I assembled this was to test the way the lids slide. They will match the ends when done.

It depends on how you pack this. I think the jacket will fit in with the shoes, and maybe even the hat.

Granted the screen used shoes were floppy.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back