Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

What I have attempted to do with this thread was to place all links into the first 2 posts so they are easy to find. If there is details that you want included, either @cavx or PM me with them and I will copy and paste them in.

Just a thought. As I see you making the blue and clear soles. You gonna make these to order? As I would love some blue tint. Or white. Would also be a plus if the electrics worked for longer than 5 mins

- - - Updated - - -

It was a credit card payment, so like you said, some protection. DH gate seems to be developing better buyer protection practices as well. These ones are at least v3s, possibly V3.1 though admittedly I’m not super versed in the difference. I’ve heard something about corrected heel light brightness as well as wire concealing in th straps. At any rate, I will post pics once arrived. I’m not all that concerned with $80. $499 seems to be around where the V3s started at and for $30 more? I’m happy with that. I was not, however, going to even consider forking out over $700 for these.

Credit card is the right choice. I took a risk with WU.

Anyone familiar with Google pay? Or protection with it. Never used it myself and someone is saying that's what they accept for mags

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a credit card payment, so like you said, some protection. DH gate seems to be developing better buyer protection practices as well. These ones are at least v3s, possibly V3.1 though admittedly I’m not super versed in the difference. I’ve heard something about corrected heel light brightness as well as wire concealing in th straps. At any rate, I will post pics once arrived. I’m not all that concerned with $80. $499 seems to be around where the V3s started at and for $30 more? I’m happy with that. I was not, however, going to even consider forking out over $700 for these.
Next time you should have tried negotiating with David, sometimes he works it out.
also
dhgate is pretty good
i vouch for them
one time item did not arrive and they refunded fast
other time i got partial refund for item not as described.
the only thing about other sellers is that when lights go out, there MAY be no special discounts for a replacement pair.

@cavx
you may wanna post this on OP page
but the correct replacements for the replaceable charger cables
is a DC plug size 2.5mmX0.7mm
(2.5mm (outer), 0.7mm (inner) )

The other end of the cable can be usb type a

1oOUutfpST21Iy6eFekmcQ.png

i just received mine from amazon and can confirm they work

1oOUutfpST21Iy6eFekmcQ.png

Just a thought. As I see you making the blue and clear soles. You gonna make these to order? As I would love some blue tint. Or white.

Yes I will be making these to order. At this point in time, I only have US10 parts available. In the attached image I am reworking my molds based on what I observed that wasn't working properly.

I am using fibre glass to reinforce the silicone. It seems to work quite well and where thin silicone can tear, you won't tear this stuff. Silicone only sticks to clean silicone so it will just peel up off the work mat. I applied Vaseline to the parts I didn't want fused.

I'll probably make more in light blue with a white backing. Some people have said that they don't want the backing, but it hides the glue imperfections.

36b84f11a38ff0674e6bfe62c6390b95.jpg

Last edited:
So I got a wild hair today after the Tinker drawing was posted by Jedifyfe.

I always liked that drawing, so I thought I’d explore what it might have looked like if that’s the Air Mag we got in the movie.

I went with the colors of the Mag we all know rather than the reds.

7ff368b238291a391f3e02be592081a5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9rj383.jpg

Not taking them off. Ha

The soles are nice and clear atm. No issues currently. No glue marks anywhere that I can see. Lights and buttons work well.

Can't see any issues. Sent me another poster and plaque for some reason. Quality is very good. I'm impressed.

Worth every penny to me. I was born in 89. The year most most trainers appealed to me.

Ok... scrap that ha.

Something is wrong with the charging. They turn on and off whilst on charge.

Stay on for about a min then turn off. Then come back on after a while

Last edited:
I believe you’re supposed to have them off while charging:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I being a complete idiot lol.

Should they light up when on charge?

So I turn them off. Plug them in.... one comes on... Then goes off after a while. With both. This happened for about 10 mins... left them even longer and they will stay on longer and then turn off again. They're on charge now and not on. But we're 10 seconds a go

Last edited:
They may have changed something in the control board to make the light turn on and off. My pair are the original V3 and do not turn on when charging.

- - - Updated - - -

This looks great.

Any chance you can do the other version that shows "glowing air bags" and "sock toe"?

There was also a version that had no toe box. I am grateful we didn't get that version.

They may have changed something in the control board to make the light turn on and off. My pair are the original V3 and do not turn on when charging.

- - - Updated - - -

This looks great.

Any chance you can do the other version that shows "glowing air bags" and "sock toe"?

There was also a version that had no toe box. I am grateful we didn't get that version.

Yes, when I can find some time. I was procrastinating on a video for a client and blew 4 or 5 hours on this. Mental health break! :)

Once I started I couldn't stop.

I'll see if I can find some time to do the other sketch up as a "finished shoe".

Am I being a complete idiot lol.

Should they light up when on charge?

So I turn them off. Plug them in.... one comes on... Then goes off after a while. With both. This happened for about 10 mins... left them even longer and they will stay on longer and then turn off again. They're on charge now and not on. But we're 10 seconds a go

When I first got mine, I was told to turn them off and let them charge for 3 or 4 hours.

As I think you know, I have one bad shoe that turns off randomly. It seems to take a charge, it will stay on for 4 minutes, then 20, then 10, then 45. It's weird. I hope you don't have that issue.

Last edited:
Youre suppose to keep em off when charging.
Rechargeable batteries are not designed to be on when charging because they can over charge and go bad. These have protections though. But other batteries without protection can fail when on and charging

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back