Subscribe
    From
    Brisbane, Australia
    1 Week Ago  Jul 6, 2018, 6:42 AM - Re: Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread #3326

MattgomeryBurns said: View Post
    After all these years I finally had a dream about Mags. I was finally wearing my V3s out at night and of course it started raining. And for some reason I was carrying a 3rd Mag in my hand. Dreams are weird man.
    I've had a few weird dreams where I am wearing my MAGs. Never been carrying a third one though.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk
  2. RPF Premium Member MitasTouch's Avatar
    From
    Saint Peters, Missouri
    1 Week Ago  Jul 8, 2018, 1:36 AM - Re: Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread #3327

Does anyone have a pair of size 7s that would be willing to get the height of the white ankle buckle? Cloneprops on shapeways is willing to make custom sizes. He just needs the height to set the ratio for everything else.
    From
    Brisbane, Australia
    1 Week Ago  Jul 8, 2018, 6:24 PM - Re: Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread #3328

MitasTouch said: View Post
    Does anyone have a pair of size 7s that would be willing to get the height of the white ankle buckle? Cloneprops on shapeways is willing to make custom sizes. He just needs the height to set the ratio for everything else.
    The US10 size is 71mm top to bottom. So if the smaller sizes are smaller, I'd say 1mm increments.
    @EmmaInCandyland, Can you confirm the measurement on your US7 buckle please?
  4. Member Since
    May 2011
    6 Days Ago  Jul 9, 2018, 2:22 AM - Re: Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread #3329

HI guys, could you help me with my problem, someone knows how I can fix this problem with the light below the nike mag, this has been bought in the Chinese site named at the beginning of the forum, I have only been able to use it 5 times and now has broken.

Thanks for the help.

<span style="font-family:arial black;"><font size="5"><span style="color:#000000;">
    From
    Brisbane, Australia
    6 Days Ago  Jul 9, 2018, 3:48 AM - Re: Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread #3330

Looks like a broken wire. The strap and LEDs work, so not a battery (yet).
    From
    Brisbane, Australia
    6 Days Ago  Jul 9, 2018, 3:58 AM - Re: Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread #3331

65mm for US7 apparently. So cloneprops needs to make his part 65mm on the inside. The part should be 67mm, maybe 68mm after printing and will make these looks way more screen accurate. I really do like the shape of his buckle, but it is far too big as it is.
  7. RPF Premium Member EmmaInCandyland's Avatar
    From
    France & Scotland
    6 Days Ago  Jul 9, 2018, 12:13 PM - Re: Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread #3332

cavx said: View Post
    The US10 size is 71mm top to bottom. So if the smaller sizes are smaller, I'd say 1mm increments.
    @EmmaInCandyland, Can you confirm the measurement on your US7 buckle please?
    Yeah it's 65 mm ^^
    From
    Brisbane, Australia
    6 Days Ago  Jul 9, 2018, 6:42 PM - Re: Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread #3333

EmmaInCandyland said: View Post
    Yeah it's 65 mm ^^
    So I guess the 3D printed part needs to be about 68mm.

Would be nice if he does a few different sizes. I'd like to add these to my shoes again, but want a part closer to the right size.

9. Universal Greeblie RPF Premium Member Jedifyfe's Avatar
    From
    Los Angeles
    5 Days Ago  Jul 10, 2018, 3:11 PM - Re: Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread #3334

My wear pair have held up pretty well over the last few years.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A73B1C3F-D086-4723-9EAE-FB21382373FB.jpeg 
Views:	206 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	829712
    Last edited by Jedifyfe; 5 Days Ago at 3:21 PM.
  10. Member Since
    Sep 2016
    5 Days Ago  Jul 10, 2018, 3:15 PM - Re: Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread #3335

Jedifyfe said: View Post

Did you get new wiring put in and new soles added? I have my pair but the lights don't work anymore, and the soles are starting to have that yellowish tinge on them.
  11. Universal Greeblie RPF Premium Member Jedifyfe's Avatar
    From
    Los Angeles
    5 Days Ago  Jul 10, 2018, 3:23 PM - Re: Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread #3336

iJeax said: View Post
    Did you get new wiring put in and new soles added? I have my pair but the lights don't work anymore, and the soles are starting to have that yellowish tinge on them.

I had to replace the EL twice. I blue tinted my soles a year or so ago. They are still pretty blue/clear. Nothing more done to them. I keep them out of sunlight while stored. I have worn these about 35-40 times, even to Comic Con, Anime Expo, Wondercon and other cons. A LOT of miles put on them.
  12. Member Since
    Sep 2016
    5 Days Ago  Jul 10, 2018, 3:35 PM - Re: Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread #3337

I had to replace the EL twice. I blue tinted my soles a year or so ago. They are still pretty blue/clear. Nothing more done to them. I keep them out of sunlight while stored. I have worn these about 35-40 times, even to Comic Con, Anime Expo, Wondercon and other cons. A LOT of miles put on them.
    Damn! Well they look good dude. Look brand new still. I wore mine out clubbing and stuff so I think from all the dancing it destroyed the wiring. I'd try to fix them myself but I have literally no idea how.
  13. Universal Greeblie RPF Premium Member Jedifyfe's Avatar
    From
    Los Angeles
    5 Days Ago  Jul 10, 2018, 3:40 PM - Re: Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread #3338

iJeax said: View Post
    Damn! Well they look good dude. Look brand new still. I wore mine out clubbing and stuff so I think from all the dancing it destroyed the wiring. I'd try to fix them myself but I have literally no idea how.
    I made a few tutorials:

https://youtube.com/user/jedifyfe/videos
  14. Member Since
    Sep 2016
    5 Days Ago  Jul 10, 2018, 3:56 PM - Re: Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread #3339

Awesome thanks!
  15. RPF Premium Member MitasTouch's Avatar
    From
    Saint Peters, Missouri
    5 Days Ago  Jul 10, 2018, 5:43 PM - Re: Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread #3340

So I guess the 3D printed part needs to be about 68mm.

Would be nice if he does a few different sizes. I'd like to add these to my shoes again, but want a part closer to the right size.

Im a little confused. If the buckle on a size 7 V3 is 65mm, why would the printed part need to be 68mm?
    From
    United Kingdom
    5 Days Ago  Jul 10, 2018, 6:35 PM - Re: Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread #3341

Hi,
    Thanks for your reply.
    I contacted the same email address I did when I ordered my first pair, i got talking to 'David' for a few days and I made payment. His team sent me
    QC video and pictures of the broken Mags, all lights work apart from 2 EL panels on the right shoe don't light up - overall they're in great condition. He/they've shipped them out now so it's just a case of waiting for them. Thanks again for your help
    From
    Melbourne, Australia
    4 Days Ago  Jul 11, 2018, 2:56 AM - Re: Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread #3342

They look good. Apart from the wiring, they always seemed to be built well. Did you find the toebox area sort of crinkles a little with wear? Wish they had put less framing in there, as I think that's what causes the crinkling. My v3.1s (not the wear pair - yet) still get a charging every month and still work fine.
    From
    Brisbane, Australia
    4 Days Ago  Jul 11, 2018, 6:58 AM - Re: Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread #3343

Im a little confused. If the buckle on a size 7 V3 is 65mm, why would the printed part need to be 68mm?
    What he did with the last 3D printed part was made it oversized so it would fit over the rubber part that came on the shoe. The wall thickness is about 1mm.

On its own, I don't think it would hold up to wearing. You could use it if you were only displaying the shoes.

The beauty of the 3D printed part is not only very light weight, but it is hollow so you have space for electronics.

19. RPF Premium Member MitasTouch's Avatar
    From
    Saint Peters, Missouri
    4 Days Ago  Jul 11, 2018, 3:53 PM - Re: Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread #3344

What he did with the last 3D printed part was made it oversized so it would fit over the rubber part that came on the shoe. The wall thickness is about 1mm.

On its own, I don't think it would hold up to wearing. You could use it if you were only displaying the shoes.

The beauty of the 3D printed part is not only very light weight, but it is hollow so you have space for electronics.

I am wanting to have just a display pair so having a true to size piece without being abe to fit over the stock part is fine with me.
  20. RPF Premium Member MitasTouch's Avatar
    From
    Saint Peters, Missouri
    4 Days Ago  Jul 11, 2018, 4:43 PM - Re: Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread #3345

However I could cut the stock part down so it can fit inside and glue it in so there will be more surface area to glue. I plan on buying all the parts as a kit so I dont mess up a preassembled pair trying to get stuff off.
    From
    Brisbane, Australia
    4 Days Ago  Jul 11, 2018, 7:00 PM - Re: Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread #3346

I am wanting to have just a display pair so having a true to size piece without being abe to fit over the stock part is fine with me.
    However I could cut the stock part down so it can fit inside and glue it in so there will be more surface area to glue. I plan on buying all the parts as a kit so I dont mess up a preassembled pair trying to get stuff off.
    As long as you are OK with cutting the foam, then yes, get him to make the part 1:1.

I wonder if he'd do the 71mm for the US10 and what ever US8 and 9 are? In the end, he just needs to make a new file by scaling the image to suit.

Remember when he made a whole MAG as a 3D model? He never released the files because he soon realized that there was only a very limited number of people that would be able to actually mold and cast the parts in rubber. And that was even before I learned.
    From
    Brisbane, Australia
    1 Day Ago  Jul 14, 2018, 7:17 PM - Re: Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread #3347

Slightly OT but still related.

Anyone remember these? The Puma Disc.

So when you look back at the history of shoes over the last 30 years, you had a fictional shoe (the Nike MAG) in 1989 that was possibly the first time laces extended to the midsole. These days virtually every shoe does this and have their own different name ie Nike FlyWire. Others have plastic lace cages etc.

What made the Puma Disc so unique (and I bought this pair) is it didn't have shoe laces, rather a cable that wound up around a spool. Turn the disc and shoe tightens up. And it does so from the midsole eliminating the "bulge" that occurs on shoes that don't have a system extending to the midsole.

The part I remember most about the promotion of the tech was the power lace scene of BTTF2 being used as the comparison. Even though these are not powered, they were certainly a step in the right direction.

From
    Melbourne, Australia
    5 Hours Ago  Jul 15, 2018, 3:44 PM - Re: Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread #3348

remember them? I've got a few in my collection! i've always liked alternatives to regular laces since even before watching BTTF 2.

Name:	DSC_0167.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	3.24 MB 
ID:	830727 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0168.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	2.51 MB 
ID:	830731
    Last edited by DragonGalvy; 5 Hours Ago at 4:11 PM.
    From
    Brisbane, Australia
    4 Hours Ago  Jul 15, 2018, 5:34 PM - Re: Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread #3349

DragonGalvy said: View Post
    remember them? I've got a few in my collection! i've always liked alternatives to regular laces since even before watching BTTF 2.
    I first saw them on the TV show "Beyond 2000" and they used the BTTF2 power lace sequence to show case them.

Funny thing is, when you look at the concept design work of the MAG, at one has a dial of sorts on the side of the shoe. NIKE's answer was to keep the string (laces), but add flywire to serve as the link to the midsole.

Did these Puma Discs ever come out in a hi-top?