Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

So it looks like David is a hive mind as we suspected.

I've been exchanging emails all night with "David". I tried to chat on skype with David and he didn't know anything about my order or issues.

Then we had this exchange:

Screenshot 2018-01-11 02.24.39.png

Wendy is David. :)

I've been exchanging emails all night with "David". I tried to chat on skype with David and he didn't know anything about my order or issues.

View attachment 786531

That's annoying.

If they do another pair cheaper I may sort a deal on your broken ones.

I want a pair to wear so if they don't work it doesn't matter. Then keep mine as working pair.

That way you get some working ones

View attachment 786531

Wow, that is bad. Just keep at it. You shortly be able to get a new pair or full refund.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'll be getting two of these

1c838e23d16afefb9247a771994e7a2e.jpg

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

3 Questions -

Does NIKE use four straps or a 4 to 2 configuration? I remember their "patent" diagram showing 4 into 2. This would allow the shaft to be shorter by at least a lace width.

What is the shaft made from?

Is there really no stoppers on the ends of the laces?

3 Questions -

Does NIKE use four straps or a 4 to 2 configuration? I remember their "patent" diagram showing 4 into 2. This would allow the shaft to be shorter by at least a lace width.

1: No idea
2: No idea
3: I think there are stoppers on the ones in mine right now, I'll get back to you on that

3 Questions -

That would make sense.

Half the change of the gears getting damaged. Although two straps would stop working.

Considering the gears have broken on his pair, I'm guessing it's just a poor design

That would make sense.

Half the change of the gears getting damaged. Although two straps would stop working.

Considering the gears have broken on his pair, I'm guessing it's just a poor design
There are no stoppers

In this pic posted by Jedifyfe, you can see globs of glue on the end of the straps. But also there is groove cut in the second from the top strap. That could also be a stopper when it reaches the shaft.

Can't really tell from the pic. Just an idea.
c74e457463f06b755b64b3fd84e6e11a.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Wanted to share some info on clearing up the soles. I have a sneaker cleaning business so I do this kind of work all the time. You can achieve great results with the proper UV lighting. My whole setup is indoor. I use salon care 40 only, never seaglow. Seaglow is too runny and can damage the shoe. Pics attached, I meant to get some before shots but forgot. Here's the after shots. My basement lighting is yellow so they would look even better in day light.

I may add the blue a very sight blue tint to them with the rit dye. Maybe....

f84579ffc66171f5e3e992e478a00cec.jpg

5b8cbf1175405e57a2dd82f42b26fc32.jpg

36c92958cc96c646272b975138d04e5b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Wanted to share some info on clearing up the soles. I have a sneaker cleaning business so I do this kind of work all the time. You can achieve great results with the proper UV lighting. My whole setup is indoor. I use salon care 40 only, never seaglow. Seaglow is too runny and can damage the shoe. Pics attached, I meant to get done before shots but forgot. Here's the after shots. My basement lighting is yellow so they would look even better in day light.

I may add the blue a very sight blue tint to them with the rit dye. Maybe....

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180112/f84579ffc66171f5e3e992e478a00cec.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180112/5b8cbf1175405e57a2dd82f42b26fc32.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180112/36c92958cc96c646272b975138d04e5b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, those look nice.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back