Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

I'm not going down without a fighthttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180109/796c1c413379413e65f838db0f6eb15c.jpg

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
There you go! I would maybe fight more with getting some replacement parts. If he won't give you the whole assembly then maybe just some of the parts.

I'm sorry to say this has turned me off of getting a pair from him, and I just wanted the V3's.

But good luck to you Sir, I hope you can fix it. I'm also sure everyone here will help you out if you get stuck.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

No... what do I need to know? I have read about charging 6 hours, but what else do I need to know?
https://youtu.be/SqPTJGzgqho

So here's the idea: Along with the Yeezy's, I'm getting 2 motors and gears. I'm gonna take them into my robotics teacher and have him look at them, see if we can make the gears more solid. Then, either I'll fix it myself, or professor_sneakers will do it for $80

Last edited:

So here's the idea: Along with the Yeezy's, I'm getting 2 motors and gears. I'm gonna take them into my robotics teacher and have him look at them, see if we can make the gears more solid. Then, either I'll fix it myself, or professor_sneakers will do it for $80

That sounds better.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The $80 fix sounds like a win to me. At least they will work. He seems to know what he is doing.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

That's gonna probably be a big issue for the factory doing the shoes, maybe they'll learn that doing *******y overpriced won't work and we're not so unbrained fans.

Come back in 10 or 20 years maybe we'll have some proper made shoes.

To me the top of the top are the 2011 RD.

That's not good. If you can get the mechanism out, maybe you can swap the gears out. They look like they may have come from micro servos. It's possible you may even be able to swap them for metal ones. I would think it unlikely they made a special gear set for these shoes, as it would be costly to develop. Worth investigating.

Correct.
Im pretty sure they are generic motors which can be found on the web.
Im sure all the parts are replaceable.
Even if not exact.

Correct.
Even if not exact.
Just opened up my working one to see how the laces work. Yeah, I'll try and replace the gears on the two motors David is sending, but after that, I'm sending them to professor_sneakers. I'm not touching THAT with a 39 1/2 foot pole.

Update
The repair is now $160, for both shoes

Last edited:
That's gonna probably be a big issue for the factory doing the shoes, maybe they'll learn that doing *******y overpriced won't work and we're not so unbrained fans.

Come back in 10 or 20 years maybe we'll have some proper made shoes.

To me the top of the top are the 2011 RD.

Yeah but also take into consideration the QC NIKE had in place.

Correct.
Even if not exact.

EBAY is your friend!

Just opened up my working one to see how the laces work. Yeah, I'll try and replace the gears on the two motors David is sending, but after that, I'm sending them to professor_sneakers. I'm not touching THAT with a 39 1/2 foot pole.

Update
The repair is now $160, for both shoes

$80 each? Yeah, there is a bit of work there.

Yeah but also take into consideration the QC NIKE had in place.

EBAY is your friend!

$80 each? Yeah, there is a bit of work there.
I'll just end up selling the Yeezy's I get as replacement (Advertising them as reps) to pay for the repairs

When you said double box... did you mean the yellow box inside of another box, inside of the shipping box?

My yellow box is pretty messed up. It was just in the white shipping box. David agreed to double box, and I wonder how he defines that.

Thanks... pictures coming soon.

When you said double box... did you mean the yellow box inside of another box, inside of the shipping box?

My yellow box is pretty messed up. It was just in the white shipping box. David agreed to double box, and I wonder how he defines that.

Thanks... pictures coming soon.
Double box = 2 total boxes, including yellow one

So I was going to do an unboxing video, but my kids were so excited to see the shoes that had been delivered yesterday morning, I decided to just open them. Of course I was excited too.

I was pretty disappointed with the box that was pretty ratty and torn apart. I also was not thrilled at the condition of the metal license plate (it was all scuffed and scratched) or the poster which also seemed to have seen better days.

The shoes however, were spectacular. they looked as good as I'd hoped.

Here are some pictures of them, along with my current BTTF stuff. I have an Almanac on the way.
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

So excited to finally own these babies!

Well fellas... I've run into my first problem...

The left shoe keeps shutting off on its own. When on the charger, or just sitting there. It comes back on when I hit the button, but for some reason it just shuts off.

I just tried swapping the charging cables to see if maybe I just had a bad connection.

Any ideas?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back