Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

I don't even understand the stigma around reps. Especially in the case of MAGs being so limited and expensive. In the end, I want to wear them, not worship them.
yet some people get so bent out of shape at the mention. It is not like the people opposed to them have a vested interest in the real shoe or anything.

Exactly, they are supposed to be worn and enjoyed. Unfortunately its like a sheep mentality. Once one person says something, all the rest follow, so you get these bullies and frankly abusive people like yeezynutfacebuster and what not, and their followers go on and abuse the "exposed" people.

I find it quite sad really, especially from that guy as he has been caught wearing fakes himself and then has the audacity to "expose" others.

Really sad bunch of people these lot hating on people wearing replicas.

Exactly, they are supposed to be worn and enjoyed. Unfortunately its like a sheep mentality. Once one person says something, all the rest follow, so you get these bullies and frankly abusive people like yeezynutfacebuster and what not, and their followers go on and abuse the "exposed" people.

I find it quite sad really, especially from that guy as he has been caught wearing fakes himself and then has the audacity to "expose" others.

Really sad bunch of people these lot hating on people wearing replicas.

As an 2011 RD owner, I love the fact that there is a reasonable semi-affordable replica so fans can wear them to conversations or wherever they may please. One issue I do have, is when replica owners attempt to pass them off as the real-deal. I’m not saying that anyone from this forum would do such a thing although I’m sure I have read on the other thread that it’s been done before.

There’s been a couple of instances at conventions where I’ve overheard owners being asked where they acquired theirs only to spout that they’re authentic. That’s just cheeky I’m my opinion.

The second issue I have is the absolutely extortionate price of these replicas, but hey, if we’re willing to pay it then why shouldn’t it be capitalised upon.

Excitement building! Looks like I'll have them Tuesday. I'm out of state and fly home around 1:00PM hope they're there when I get in.

DHL update.png

So, question... I never dreamed I'd actually be able to pick up the V3s, and I'm certain I'll never sell them, but I've been watching ebay a bit since I placed my order.

Are the V3s going for significantly more than the $450-$600 we all paid for them. Do people just get duped into thinking they're buying the real things?

I've seen plenty of people misrepresenting them, but I've also seen people say what they are and they still seem to go for more than people could buy them direct.

For all those who have bought the V4's, here are the problems that you will have to look forward to. One has stripped gears and the other has a misfed lace. Both issues happened after they received the shoes...

https://youtu.be/OVVt7CXDSsU

https://youtu.be/7k-BTCdwR-8
*Sweats nervously* Not what I wanted to see. I've worn mine for about 10 hours now, and I've had no problems

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

I'm still wearing $500-$600 shoes and they're wearing $70 shoes.

Damn straight!

- - - Updated - - -

"Wait a minute Doc. You're telling me you made a fart sound effects machine out of an Air Mag?"

:)

Well if you are gonna make a fart machine out of a shoe, you might as make it with style.

That video was funny and sad all at the same time.

For all those who have bought the V4's, here are the problems that you will have to look forward to. One has stripped gears and the other has a misfed lace. Both issues happened after they received the shoes...

https://youtu.be/OVVt7CXDSsU

https://youtu.be/7k-BTCdwR-8

Ouch! As much as we all like to be optimistic, I think we saw this coming... Makes the failure of the EL in the V3 seem trivial by comparison.

Oh well, can’t say buyers weren’t warned. If they couldn’t manufacture the electronics for the lights correctly & didn’t care about improving them despite countless emails pleading, what chance did they have of then integrating a reliable electro-mechanical mechanism for the laces.

It is a shame however & I hope those involved either get a refund (good luck with that!) or at least a huge discount on a replacement pair.

*Sweats nervously* Not what I wanted to see. I've worn mine for about 10 hours now, and I've had no problems

If the gear teeth are made out of nylon or something similar, as I suspect, be careful in the summer. I had a cheap jigsaw melt its nylon gear cogs together one summer. Only found out what the heck was wrong with it when I pulled it apart.

I really want to pull the trigger on the V3's but I know the wife would kill me! I got the HC's but I don't like that they are not the right height and the other obvious flaws.

My battery recently just stop charging in them. So I've been thinking of ripping them apart and trying my own auto lacing. I remember seeing a correct pattern for the shoe (not the sole) on here but it's not available that I can find. If anyone has it could you please dm me?

Thanks!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Why did you go through a middleman sat in Canada?
You should have just gone direct to David Sneakerahead website.

I struggle to fathom why people would need to go through a middleman, especially if the middleman isnt even offering paypal as a payment option?

If you haven't received your shoes after 6 weeks then something is up.

You should only be looking at a few days/week to get a pair of images of a pair so you can QC it, then a further few days for it to arrive to you. So a max of 2 weeks, no more than that.

I'm curious to know, what made you go through the middleman? did you use paypal? or is western union?

If its paypal, i can understand, but if its western union, then its a waste of time going through middlemen especially since everyone has verified Sneaker Ahead david delivers his orders.

You really should have your shoes by now, its unnacceptable really.

Yes it was through PayPal that made me go ahead. And that he had very good reviews on delivery.
In hindsight I should of gone through David to be honest, but hey. Can't do much about it now.
Think ill just have to order some more, Write the others off as a lesson learned.
Gonna try for a refund, probably not gonna happen but if I don't ask I won't know.

ill order some from David next time

Yes it was through PayPal that made me go ahead. And that he had very good reviews on delivery.
In hindsight I should of gone through David to be honest, but hey. Can't do much about it now.
Think ill just have to order some more, Write the others off as a lesson learned.
Gonna try for a refund, probably not gonna happen but if I don't ask I won't know.

ill order some from David next time

PayPal will back you so long as you didn't pay as "friends and family". They are actually a little too eager to refund sometimes and you are well inside the 90 days to lodge a dispute.

Every time I see that red and black base I think it looks like a watermelon lol. Is that paper or vinyl on the underside of the acrylic? I don't understand why it's red and black. Glad they are working out for you so far. It drives me crazy that he made the EL panels blink as well...but I guess its good he at least he added something.

Every time I see that red and black base I think it looks like a watermelon lol. Is that paper or vinyl on the underside of the acrylic? I don't understand why it's red and black. Glad they are working out for you so far. It drives me crazy that he made the EL panels blink as well...but I guess its good he at least he added something.
Neither, it's painted on

Awesome. If I was ever going to get a pair the first thing I'd do is cover over that red and black splatter with chrome contact (a self-adhesive book binding covering that looks like this)

IMG_20180108_072754.jpg
sorry about the image quality, my little tablet doesn't take the best photos.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back