Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

So a week after they said they were posting my mags, they email me saying the shipping company can't ship to the UK via DHL and it would have to go through Hong Kong post?

Ask them to do a tracking number and signature on delivery. And good luck.

So back to the mid sole shape of the V3 being "questionable", I do wonder that even though the Chinese had a real 2011 pair, did they actually scan those or the miniature MAG you can see here. Note the less aggressive curves on the midsole.

a190ee8017cfaa088c9e746ec91537cd.jpg

And what the heck is that crocodile skin shoe in the back ground!?!

So not sure what is going on. I've made at least 40 payments this way and never had a problem until today.

Anyway I took another look at the Netflix video about the MAGs and I have to wonder why they used a HC midsole for the prototyping. Why not just use their own?

Also I hope the 2.0 of the Hyper Adapt is a hi-top. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180104/9d118e6abb6039fde9ed636ef4d7a13f.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180104/a190ee8017cfaa088c9e746ec91537cd.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180104/9530a4363f2edf33bd6fed62753709f2.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180104/efa9a2fa14b4921a21b04976ca65df42.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180104/0d85c16598df2a43110b72199e874bc0.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180104/03d1d754568c57a637d3605de5094cf9.jpg

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

It is their own sole.

Its not a HC sole. The HC sole doesnt have a high front lip and it would not make sense to use a crap innacurate sole to start a prototype.

Its a scratch made prototype by nike.
None of the Poon or HC soles have the correct height on the front lip.

All the v1 and v2 reps were spawned from a poon low front lip shoe.

It does look a bit similar though.
They even made the upper fairly accurate.

It is their own sole.

Its not a HC sole. The HC sole doesnt have a high front lip and it would not make sense to use a crap innacurate sole to start a prototype.

Its a scratch made prototype by nike.
None of the Poon or HC soles have the correct height on the front lip.

All the v1 and v2 reps were spawned from a poon low front lip shoe.

It does look a bit similar though.
They even made the upper fairly accurate.

Yeah I see the larger front lip now, but it was the shape of the side and the thickness of the rear that got me wondering. The real MAG heel is way thinner than that.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder why the V3s didn't get closer on the sole. Seems like they've gotten almost all of the rest of it right.

Sole needs to be tinted blue!!!

Given they made the tongue longer and the cuff is more rounded, the V3 is probably closer to the movie shoe than the 2011 replica. That said, it would have been nice if the soles had been clear, not **** yellow. And yes, blue tints are way better than yellow.

We should be charging them once every two weeks, right? Also, kind of looks like they tinted the soles blue on the v4's, but at the same time, it doesn't.
Also, I found a guy on eBay selling a pair of v4's (he advertised them as replicas and stated the auction at $300). His display though....
Do you guys have any idea how he pulled that off? I mean, he probably traced the red marker with black, but what did he do to make the base reflect like it's supposed to?

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
bfb1e00fb16b76c5b420babe5cf723c3.jpg
7ad0919b2e8168fe44c6ea1ad4a9536b.jpg
68c9aa505d334f2a7056f93def47799a.jpg

Last edited:
Slightly OT, anyone else having 'scam' issues with WU? I've been sending payments via WU since at least 2008. Today, for the first time, my payment was stopped due to a possible scam. It then took me 90min to get a refund.
nope, never had issues when I've paid for things with WU - the V1's, the V2's and even the V3's. I recently ordered some Jordan 6's from Sneakerahead (western union payment again) and it was fine - their sneaker replica quality other than MAGs are awesome as well. Look as good as the real ones I waited in line for hours outside the Nike store to get years ago.

they should get fined for selling counterfeit shoes for almost 4k

Its what ive said for years.
Most of these so called "sneakerheads" couldnt tell the difference between a horses rectum and its mouth, literally they are a bunch of morons.

Whats even funnier is that you get a lot of these types of people who regularly try to "expose" people for wearing replicas when in actuality they also wear replicas themselves.

An example is that moron yeezybuster guy who wears fakes himself yet tries to bully people who wear replicas. One of the reasons i believe he doesnt show his mouth (its obscured by mouth mask) is that its probably looking like a monkeys scrote.

You would think a shop that retails in sneakers can do basic checks. Its likely they have sold many replicas as they are too db to know whats real or fake.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean, he probably traced the red marker with black, but what did he do to make the base reflect like it's supposed to?

I thought the base was just white on the stand. Maybe he used a foil laminated card, not sure, but it does look pretty good. Those soles. I wish the V3s had those.

- - - Updated - - -

nope, never had issues when I've paid for things with WU - the V1's, the V2's and even the V3's. I recently ordered some Jordan 6's from Sneakerahead (western union payment again) and it was fine - their sneaker replica quality other than MAGs are awesome as well. Look as good as the real ones I waited in line for hours outside the Nike store to get years ago.

He agreed to PayPal, so all good.

Its what ive said for years.
Most of these so called "sneakerheads" couldnt tell the difference between a horses rectum and its mouth, literally they are a bunch of morons.

Whats even funnier is that you get a lot of these types of people who regularly try to "expose" people for wearing replicas when in actuality they also wear replicas themselves.

An example is that moron yeezybuster guy who wears fakes himself yet tries to bully people who wear replicas. One of the reasons i believe he doesnt show his mouth (its obscured by mouth mask) is that its probably looking like a monkeys scrote.

You would think a shop that retails in sneakers can do basic checks. Its likely they have sold many replicas as they are too db to know whats real or fake.

I don't even understand the stigma around reps. Especially in the case of MAGs being so limited and expensive. In the end, I want to wear them, not worship them.
yet some people get so bent out of shape at the mention. It is not like the people opposed to them have a vested interest in the real shoe or anything.

I thought the base was just white on the stand. Maybe he used a foil laminated card, not sure, but it does look pretty good. Those soles. I wish the V3s had those.
After I put magnets in the box, that's my next mod
I've decided to wait till tomorrow, and I'm going to post a silent video, along with my review on r/repsneakers

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

I wonder why the V3s didn't get closer on the sole. Seems like they've gotten almost all of the rest of it right.

I've asked that question many times since getting these. The uppers are great, but the mid-sole is just off. The outer sole is a nice shape but that colour. If they 3D scanned the real shoe (and they certainly had access to the real shoe for all those promo videos they did), how did they get it so wrong? I'm starting to think they scanned the ceramic mini MAG for those parts.

Have you dm'd him on Instagram?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Yes multible times. Just keep getting excuses. Like, delay, shipping issues, false tracking numbers x3, had to reship them...
i really feel I've been had, been a good 6/7 weeks now.

Yes multible times. Just keep getting excuses. Like, delay, shipping issues, false tracking numbers x3, had to reship them...
i really feel I've been had, been a good 6/7 weeks now.

Why did you go through a middleman sat in Canada?
You should have just gone direct to David Sneakerahead website.

I struggle to fathom why people would need to go through a middleman, especially if the middleman isnt even offering paypal as a payment option?

If you haven't received your shoes after 6 weeks then something is up.

You should only be looking at a few days/week to get a pair of images of a pair so you can QC it, then a further few days for it to arrive to you. So a max of 2 weeks, no more than that.

I'm curious to know, what made you go through the middleman? did you use paypal? or is western union?

If its paypal, i can understand, but if its western union, then its a waste of time going through middlemen especially since everyone has verified Sneaker Ahead david delivers his orders.

You really should have your shoes by now, its unnacceptable really.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back