Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

I used the Salon creme by itself. Should I try it with oxy clean?

There are a few methods using the salon crème on youtube made by sneaker heads who restore their icy soles on their Jordan V, VI and XI's. Here's a couple of links of people who have used this method with some oxyclean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgzfneMQTdw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6BZeMklNfM

It's mostly recommended as an alternative to seaglow or retrobrite but I'm my personal opinion both of these products are the true tried and tested method to ice your soles.

Not sure about this. The Soles on those Jordans were clear or icy blue in the beginning. The V3 soles are yellow from the start. So it might be possible to go back to clear if the part was clear to start with.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

My V3's weren't yellow from the start and from some of the QC pics I've been seeing lately on the updated V3's look pretty icy too. You have to remember these methods don't always go back to making your soles completely clear either, it's just an improvement on them looking **** yellow more than anything else and you usually have to apply patience more than anything else and do repeated coats to slowly clear them up. You can't expect miracle results in one session

20170407_180721.jpg
This is a picture of my V3's after the one coat of seaglow I applied a couple of months ago. The clear is still holding up nicely :)

They might not be "yellow", but all these soles all seem to have that slight gold colour. The actual product I found that seems to match the flex is called "trans-amber", where trans is short for trasparent. It is not clear unfortunately.

Anyway after a day of theme parking, my MAGs and the soles have held up ok.

The uppers have remained nice and clean and the sides of the soles look good. One ride had these awkward foot holes that my original V2 outrigger soles never fit inside of. These were snug today and I was expectingto have worn off some of the dye.

The back pack in the background is actually my only screen used item. 19 years ago I was cast as an extra is the TV series of Flipper. The bum bag (used to be the same colour but I kept using it after the shoot and the sun changed the colour) was added to hide a big logo as well as give the pack a more unique look.

And lastly, part of the local wild life on show. AUSTRALIA, got to love it. This guy is a Salt Water Crocodile and is medium sized at about 17 feet. These bad boys do grow to beyond 30 feet.

77a9f61bc4bf6d7729738b3300de3be9.jpg
d651a5394c0957b8561e18feedf76c25.jpg
84aeeabf5b53d764ca27bcc6e3804afb.jpg
0efd643b4a8304d45899c3bcd3cf834c.jpg

Well thats disappointing my V3s were taking a long time so i asked about them and got

"sorry for it , shipping company miss the package ,we will reship to u "

.... i think that means the stupid EMS lost them. no shipping updates or anything.
Now I have to wait for the things to get back to Sneakerahead and they can try again with DHL.
:facepalm
Bah.

I do agree with you cavx, "clear" is probably not the best way to describe the soles and translucent or transparent is more of an appropriate description of "icy" soles. This is an old article but gives a bit of insight into the differing opinions of icy soles:

http://theshoegame.com/articles/icy-sole-cleaner-tips.html

Nice that you got an extra role on flipper mate, that's a very iconic Aussie series!

It was actually shot for US TV and I have never seen the final production of the show. It was never aired on Australian TV (as far as I know) and I've never seen it on DVD either.

Interesting article in the link.

I was hoping there was going to be more on this
Yellowing. Everyone has their own methods of preventing this, bags, silica packets, darkness, but it seems inevitable for it to happen. Short of never wearing the sneaker ever, it will eventually even if its just slightly worn outside. There are chemicals and such created to stop this but really, it’s just slowing the process down at best. Can it be prevented? Sure. Keyword: PREVENTED, not stopped, not ceased, not reversed, just prevented.

And then something just hit me about the colour change we see and we need use the photo I posted with the back pack/bum bag as as example. I've always thought of exposure to the UV and sunlight as a fading effect (sun bleached) and direct exposure certainly can certainly do that. However, maybe general UV exposure has a different effect. The two bags were the same colour when I bought them as I actually bought the entire line of luggage at the same time. The biggest bag in the set is still the same colour as the back pack, yet the bum bag has turned much darker over the years. This darkening has happened from being exposed to UV everyday from wearing it even though the bum bag was never left in direct sunlight, rather it was stored inside the back pack.

Our "clear soles" (translucent soles, call them what you want) all have yellow in them, even if that yellow is not noticeable to the naked eye when they are new. What I found when making my clear V2 soles was that by adding a small amount of translucent blue (I used royal blue at just 5 drops to the 1KG of Part B) the rubber was indeed more clear after mixing, degassing and pouring. So adding this blue was having a filtering effect and I spoke about this in one of my YouTube videos. For those that did't see that video, I likened the dying of the soles the same as how the water in a swimming pool makes the white tiles look blue when full of water. Drain the pool and the tiles are white. The water filters out the red end of the spectrum of visible light. Adding blue to my clear soles material or by dying the surface of the V3 blue, filters out the red end of the spectrum of visible light.

So we all know that UV exposure changes the colour. Sun light contains all wave lengths from UV right down to infrared and so does all artificial light from sources like Fluorescent lights or LEDs in our home. So even if you have a dark room to store them in (as I do), at some point, they get exposed to UV anyway, even if they never see the "light of day".

So what I am suggesting is that UV has the tendency to darken colours as can be seen with the bum bag (which stored inside the back pack). So based on this, it might be safe to say that UV darkens the yellow in the base material, making it more visible over time and it is the other components of light that bleach or lighten the colours but as we don't purposely expose our shoes to sunlight, the effects of UV are greater over time. Is that make sense or I am in need of a glass of red wine?

Last edited by a moderator:
Perfect sense cavx, but please don't let that cloud your decision to have a glass of red (or two) ;)

AHHH! All out of red! If only I had a time machine to go back half an hour and catch the store before it closed, then I could come back to the precise moment I left and no-one would know I was actually gone.

Here's my email:

Hi Jocye,

I was researching what new nike mag replicas that are out right now and I notched that there is Nike mag V3 with the dimmer LED lights on them, This is the pair of Nike mags I would like please. I would also like quality picture before sending as well. Please respond to my email so I know you received it and understand.

On the revised version the colour of each row is more clearly visible.
No the soles are still the same yellowish rubber. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170407/2d7bda27e57e4756bf8dfabaf148a05f.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170407/3988e264e4a1233832b5524f87dfdc03.jpg

I think these soles look great compared to the V2's. Can someone give me some advice on the charger and charging ports on the V3's? From what I'm seeing they're not very well made, and would like to make them last as long as possible. I do not plan on wearing these, they will be displayed.

I just placed my order for these. Then though I don't like wearing basketball shoes, they did a good job theming them like mags and bttf. Check them out!!
cc7e9275a398a68db359fac422437e32.jpg
0de7b5612028aff3a14a77b39d5ad133.jpg
ffaf751305aa9bbba875c2a0100482d5.jpg
a9457703c0963d5916635c29ee2746b1.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back