Sliders Timer WIP

CJ2319

I'm working on an original timer from Sliders trying to use a PCB based electronics kit. Here's a picture of the pcb:

20170309_212119.jpg20170316_210435.jpg

I found some faceplate pdfs at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B8HsR6GUTWojZm9kZVZMaVY4Z1k . Here's a picture of the pcb in the phone body with the pdf printed on paper overlaid.
20170318_222930.jpg20170318_223029.jpg

20170318_222752.jpg

I still have a lot of work to do on the phone body but the electronics feel very promising. I plan to 3d print the box at the top and the dial, and then print the faceplate on an acrylic sheet. If it all works out and anyone is interested, I might make the pcb available.

Functions:
Boot sequence
Clock
Countdown timer
led bar graphs
tau delta zeta leds,
dial light ring
Random countdown reset after zero

Thanks for looking.

Small update. I changed my board to incorporate the power led half circle. I also added support for a wt588d sound module.

20170504_220941.jpg

I guess it depends on what you mean by programmable. You can load various wav files on it to trigger from the main controller, but once it's soldered on it would be difficult to change sound files.

Ah. Ok. I was thinking more along the lines of plug it into a computer and change what you want.

Got the box and dial from Shapeways. The dial doesn't fit the potentiometer the way I had hoped. I might just drop the pot and make the dial static. It lights up either way.

The box has a slot to slide in an acrylic sheet for the cover. The window at the top has a little frame inside to hold a printout. The pcb has leds to back light the window.

20170513_114419.jpg

How do I order one? I have the phone. I also have a poor attempt at a replica from someone on eBay. This is the most legit replica I've ever seen. How can I get one?

Thanks. I'm still working on my replica. Are you talking about buying the electronics?

Last edited:
Yes, I have the phone, but I would need the electronics. Also do you have a link to your shapeways for the box and dial?

I'm finding that the box from Shapeways is really flimsy, but I can't do much to make it more durable and keep its dimensions, so I'm thinking it over. I can make it available if you really want it, but know that might not pan out.

As for electronics, it's mostly done. I still need to figure out what sound effects to add in. And I'm not really sure what to do about a battery pack yet. If you were to buy one, are you able to solder a battery pack and switch to the board, or would it need to be plug and play?

Also, small update: picture of the board in the box showing the led line up.

20170521_161935.jpg

I'm finding that the box from Shapeways is really flimsy, but I can't do much to make it more durable and keep its dimensions, so I'm thinking it over. I can make it available if you really want it, but know that might not pan out.

As for electronics, it's mostly done. I still need to figure out what sound effects to add in. And I'm not really sure what to do about a battery pack yet. If you were to buy one, are you able to solder a battery pack and switch to the board, or would it need to be plug and play?

Also, small update: picture of the board in the box showing the led line up.

View attachment 730371

Well, I'm sure I can solder a couple of components, but I'm not in a hurry either. If you could make it more plug and play, I'd be cool with that. I'm fine with waiting until it's ready to go. :)

Will it also have the 3 top LED's for the days?

I read a post somewhere from the guy who built the electronics for the actual prop and he said the days display was just a backlit printout, so that's how I'm doing it. I have three smd leds behind the window and the box has a little shelf to hold a printout. I'm not sure they even make 7-segment displays in the right size for that, so a printout seems like the best option to me.

As for the power input, it might not ever be plug-n-play. The + and - in power terminals are on the back of the board near the top, so I doubt there would be room for a socket. I was planning to just directly solder wires to a switch/battery. I wasn't really planning on doing a run of these because I doubt many people care about this prop at this point, and also the board takes quite a while to put together. I'm open to commissions for the electronics, but it would be best if the buyer was able to combine it with their own power/switch configuration, whatever that may be. And also, their own body. I'm open to sharing my 3d files, but not guaranteeing that it all comes together easily. :)

I read a post somewhere from the guy who built the electronics for the actual prop and he said the days display was just a backlit printout, so that's how I'm doing it. I have three smd leds behind the window and the box has a little shelf to hold a printout. I'm not sure they even make 7-segment displays in the right size for that, so a printout seems like the best option to me.

As for the power input, it might not ever be plug-n-play. The + and - in power terminals are on the back of the board near the top, so I doubt there would be room for a socket. I was planning to just directly solder wires to a switch/battery. I wasn't really planning on doing a run of these because I doubt many people care about this prop at this point, and also the board takes quite a while to put together. I'm open to commissions for the electronics, but it would be best if the buyer was able to combine it with their own power/switch configuration, whatever that may be. And also, their own body. I'm open to sharing my 3d files, but not guaranteeing that it all comes together easily. :)

Sounds good. Please PM me at tenaciousbt@gmail.com. I'd like to work out the commission. Thanks!

Would really love to see this electronics unit offered, havent been able to finish my Motorola either because I have no electronics knowledge.

Last edited:
Would really love to see this electronics unit offered, havent been able to finish mine either because I have no electronics knowledge.

I think I could offer a few in the near future. I just need to figure out a battery that fits in the back or adjust the layout to allow a battery pack.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back