megacon orlando 2017

shows how much I pay attention I had no idea you were based in Orlando, I will def have to swing by and say hello and thank you in person for my Rocketeer helmet, best thing in my collection !

We decided on only going Fri and Sun this year, we did the same last year, Megacon has gotten so huge that Saturdays are waaay to crazy and crowded. Not dressing up this year, too busy working on Dragon con stuff to have anything ready for Mega.

I saw you said that your attending Dragoncon...I'm not sure what day you get there, but we have an RPF member meet and greet every year. Here's the link to the forum.
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=266501

I keep seeing "shadowcast" on some of the schedules. For some reason the "cast" part makes me think it will be a large screen just showing video.

Leaving soon to wander around. Not going on the show room floor, didn't want to pay to look around. Never been on a Sunday before. Saturdays had just gotten to packed the last few times I went.

Have fun! Take lots of pictures!

Plan to show up early for panels you think will be crowded – I got turned away from one that was at max capacity.

If you're not going to see the, uh, floor, you're gonna miss out on a lot of cool stuff: a Batmobile, a General Lee, a DeLorean, Daleks, R2's, an Ecto-1 built on a modern Dodge Magnum wagon, and an enormous amount of merch. If today's the last day, there may be deals to be had.

Well, found out that this year they wouldn't even let you in the building, even the halls without a ticket. So I ended up having to get one and use some savings.
Got a bandai A-wing model I've been wanting for $21. Also got the original keyblade from Kingdom Hearts for my step-son for $50, pure metal.
Did get some good pics, I can upload them later on.

Pics from Saturday:

Attachments

• IMG_1531a.jpg
    IMG_1531a.jpg
    836.4 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_1561a.jpg
    IMG_1561a.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 104
  • IMG_1538a.jpg
    IMG_1538a.jpg
    1,019 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_1559a.jpg
    IMG_1559a.jpg
    696.2 KB · Views: 118
Well, found out that this year they wouldn't even let you in the building, even the halls without a ticket. So I ended up having to get one and use some savings.
Got a bandai A-wing model I've been wanting for $21. Also got the original keyblade from Kingdom Hearts for my step-son for $50, pure metal.
Did get some good pics, I can upload them later on.
I came here to post about that A-wing. I figured it was only $1 more than Amazon and these guys are semi-local, so what the heck. Here is where it gets weird: I also got their last Slave-1 and when I got home and checked it $2 less than Amazon. Yes, I know Amazon is not always the cheapest, but it was still pretty cool. And both kits just fit in the messenger bag I use for cons.

Sent from my Hewlett Packard 48G using Tapatalk

I came here to post about that A-wing. I figured it was only $1 more than Amazon and these guys are semi-local, so what the heck. Here is where it gets weird: I also got their last Slave-1 and when I got home and checked it $2 less than Amazon. Yes, I know Amazon is not always the cheapest, but it was still pretty cool. And both kits just fit in the messenger bag I use for cons.

Sent from my Hewlett Packard 48G using Tapatalk
Nice thing is no shipping cost, or waiting for it to ship. Now when I actually get around to building it, thats another story.

Didn't really take a whole lot of pics, but heres a few good ones we got.

This one was very good and original, and I was surprised that it was a woman when I got closer.

I don't think these 2 were together, yet look like they could have been.

This was good, but his rabbit should have been bloody.

Me with a Taun taun head and brains on a plate.

My favorite pic. Too bad it turned out blurry. This is Brent Spiner (Data) rubbing Catherine Bach. (Daisy Duke) Just so random.

Ha! That Disney statue is awesome!

I saw a Yondu, a really spot-on likeness Walter White, a great looking 1939 Dorothy and Wicked Witch, a Barf from Spaceballs...

A lot of Spidermen, Captains America, countless Deadpools & Deadpool mash-ups, some Harley Quinns & Jokers, a billion Naruto ninjas, but the above few really stood out to me.

Oh, a lot of good 'old man' Logans, in various states of undress and injury :D

I was surprised to see really only one Loki, a Victorian / Gothic female Loki. I figured there'd be more because of the upcoming film; maybe it's too far out or too hot for it. Saw a couple Thors... One great looking Adam West Batman & Robin pair.

BTW, Brent Spiner is a riot – if you ever get a chance to see a panel with him on it, do it! I don't think he was there on Saturday, but I saw him & LeVar Burton last October in Tampa.

I did see the Jeri Ryan panel, and the R2 Builders' panel.

I had a decent time at Megacon, though sadly I have to say out of all my 5 other times this would rate as the worst one. Being at the North hall it really bumbed me out. A lot of vendors didn't show up, 501st and Mando Mercs booths were tiny, I know they all were tired from Celebration but still. Also a lot of exhibits weren't' there this year such as roxy, lemmy, or lego to name a few...

Here are the photos I took at the con.

https://www.facebook.com/pleasbethe...1641.1073741920.1434458387&type=3&pnref=story

I thought this one was OK, even though it was spread out over four days so there were only a few panels I was interested in on the day I went. When I first got there and saw what building it was in I thought it was going to suck because when they used that building a few years ago it they really crammed the vendor stands close together so it was difficult to move around. If I wanted to see a two panels in a row and they were on opposite sides of the building I would have a totally different opinion. Of course, if I wanted to see two panels in a row I would have been screwed anyway. I was close to the stage in the two panels I cared about, but I got in line 45 minutes early for one and an hour early for the second. And dude, I'm sorry if you are a member and reading this, but I was kind of glad Jess Harnell was not there for the voice actors panel because he always comes out and gives his bit about William Shatner and Ozzy Osbourne. He really needs a new joke.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back