FINISHED Tie Fighter 1/48 scale Revel with Lights

Scarecrow Joe

Sr Member
Powered by a 9v battery and two red 5mm LEDS one of these lighting up two 0.75mm FO to the front cannons. Built basically out of the box, added some details at the back of the cockpit. Finished with a mix of gray and black powdered pastels and selective washes plus dry brushing. Base color is not any paint but the original plastic color. Sealed with a matte clear coat. Only PITA was the panels and ribs fitting which needed some vast amount of clamping to achieve a clean and straight joint.

IMG_5349 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

IMG_5351 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

IMG_5353 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

IMG_5357 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

IMG_5364 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

IMG_5370 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

IMG_5374 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

IMG_5376 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

IMG_5388 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

IMG_5402 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

IMG_5404 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

If you like you can click on any image for a full resolution version. Hope you like melted cheese!:lol

Looks really well done! I would...if possible.. love to see some shots without the HDR filter. It tends to both flatten things out and halo details. :/ i really like what I see, though!

No HDR filter in these images. The few halos seen are a side effect of a tad aggressive effort of lifting some shadows in PP after taking these images in fading daylight when I finished the electronics. I never use any HDR filters in any of my images. Thanks for the props.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for looking Toadmeister! :thumbsup

Last edited:
There are always good builds on the rpf. Some really talented modellers.
This is, without doubt, the best tie build I've ever seen!

Just regular diluted Vallejo black.
This? Only then in black? Or black paint waterd down?
04a6cab96ce61d6b9175f43781ae928f.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 4X using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back