Mad Max Fury Road Razor Cola Screaming Skull

Re: Mad Max Fury Road Screaming Skull

A cut-down (maybe?) camshaft "spine" might be a good stand I was thinking. They're pretty cheap.

Dope

I don't think it would look good on my car...
A reproduction scott hat is too expensive.
I guess the question is what kind of display would you choose? On a shelf, hanging on a wall, tabletop?
Not sure if I want to use re-purposed car parts or try a stand that is hidden as much as possible.

This is done for now. I originally was going to wait to post pictures because it will take me a while to make a stand or base that suits this beastly thing. Since that won't be done for who knows how long, here is the completed product. Please bear in mind the bolts and turnbuckles are loose, so the jaw moves around. In other words, the stance is not perfect but can be adjusted. After I get a base for it, I will tighten everything up.

I tried my best to take pictures and the lighting and aspect ratio look good on my screen. I hope they look ok on yours.

And why so many pictures? I could not decide which ones to put, so I guess I will put them all......... Might take a couple of posts......

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED OR ADDED THEIR OPINIONS AND IDEAS

1.JPG

2.JPG

IMG_0230.JPG

IMG_0233.JPG

IMG_0234.JPG

IMG_0235.JPG

IMG_0236.JPG

IMG_0238.JPG

IMG_0239.JPG

IMG_0240.JPG

1.JPG

2.JPG

IMG_0230.JPG

IMG_0233.JPG

IMG_0234.JPG

IMG_0235.JPG

IMG_0236.JPG

IMG_0238.JPG

IMG_0239.JPG

IMG_0240.JPG

Back to my horrible lighting photos. Everything always comes out yellow or orange?? Pay no attention to the picture quality.... I burrowed the camera I used for the skull pics from a friend.

Been working on a stand for this. And because I don't have a Ford Falcon to hold the skull up, I still wanted to make it look like something that belongs there. So I went to the junkyard. And I have to say, junkyards today completely suck... It is just not as fun climbing around all those newer vehicles.

IMG_1248.JPG

I wanted it to keep it simple to not take away from the skull.

IMG_1249.JPG
IMG_1250.JPG

And one more without the chain on the bottom.

IMG_1252.JPG

And again, the jaw and turnbuckles are not tightened yet, so it just flops around for now. I'll tighten it when the stand is fully finished. I think it is close. At least, I am happy with the stand. I might build some sort of display box for it. Not sure, that's a lot more work. But my kids have already had a couple close calls with it doing things that they should not be doing inside the house. :eek

What do you think?

Oh, if I get rid of this thing it will cost a fortune in shipping. Super heavy. 15.2 lbs!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back