Screen-Cast/ILM Jango Helmets- Where have they all gone?

tubachris85x

Master Member
As a person who got into the hobby originally because of my initial love of the Jango Fett helmet, I am kinda sad to see that quite a bit of the Jango parts are increasingly harder to find and reliant on just about one person these days.

Back then, BigKidBiggerToys (BKBT) was the go-to for fan made helmets and armor. He had eventually passed the molds onto Cruzer. (Fun fact, he did ask me if I wanted to take on the helmet molds, but I was still way too knew to the prop building world, so glad I didn't at the time)

It wasn't long after until FettPride had made an acquisition of a screen cast helmet and began producing those for a period of time. However, those who may know him or of him understand that he's more or less dropped off the face of the earth due to his "business dealings." So there's one down.

Asok, was another member of TheDentedHelmet and here on the RPF. While I didn't speak with him all but maybe once or twice, he seemed like a cool guy. Unfortunately, he passed away and it was a huge blow to the community. From what I understand, his wife was either putting them out or fulfilling the remaining orders that were still left over before passing them on, but it is rumored that AnimeFan acquired said molds...

**EDIT**
AnimeFan got back to me over on TDH just last night. He seems to be wanting to produce a new mold for the helmet. I'll be getting one through him at a later point in time

Finally, is Bobamaker. He's the only one I know of still offering them in both standard and cold-cast fiberglass.

I had heard that RS Props was making them, but I have yet to see photos or other evidence of such.

So, what do you all think of this? I'd hate for this particular prop that derives from the original molds to get lost in the sauce forever....

-TC

Last edited:
I think anime fan can help you out. I remember him doing a run of jango helmets a while back. If I recall correctly the helmets are of lineage as well I'd shoot him a pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely interested in whatever info you find. It's at the top of my PT prop wants. I need to track one down but I keep getting sidetracked with so many other ongoing prop runs.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back