1:24 "studio scale" T-70 X Wing Resistance Fighter that never was...

Thanks everyone :)

I picked this up today fairly cheap. A corny keg. Rated up to 130psi, I think this will make an ideal pressure pot for making resin castings. 40 to 50 psi is the max That will do for me. The opening is a bit on the small side, but I've checked all the parts that I've made so far and they all fit. I have a small compressor that should do the job too. I'll need to get the right connections to hook up to the existing fittings or threads. I could just get a bulkhead union and drill through the cap. We shall see!

image_zps1lljkcvr.jpeg
[/URL][/img]

Nice! But will you be able to fit your molds in there? the hull seems to barely fit, so you'll have to make a super thin mold

Nice! But will you be able to fit your molds in there? the hull seems to barely fit, so you'll have to make a super thin mold

Yeah the molds will fit, albeit a snug fit. Where there's a will, there's a way ;)

Forward Cockpit is almost done. I've not gone overboard with detailing and parts. I still need to make a chair. I'm not fond of the chair used on the full size prop. The chair looks to be a passenger side seat from a courier van, possibly a mercedes or VW. You can even see the inserts where the head rest rods retract into.

Time to start the rear cockpit panel.

image_zpsudhkosdk.jpeg
[/URL][/img]

image_zpspvyikugy.jpeg
[/URL][/img]

image_zpsempatz05.jpeg
[/URL][/img]

Beautiful work. Sure love me some primer!

Cheers! Primer does indeed make things pop. It has magical properties that deserves a place at Hogwarts.

I'm going to watch TFA tonight for some rear cockpit 'parcel shelf' reference, if there is any at all. I started making it last night but I wasn't happy with it so it was scrapped.

Heartily agree with your last post mate !

Could'nt help wondering / asking though , any chance of further / future updates on this terrific build ?

Cheers Ged

Heartily agree with your last post mate !

Could'nt help wondering / asking though , any chance of further / future updates on this terrific build ?

Cheers Ged

Hey mate, yeah I've been meaning to put pics up online again but haven't yet signed up to another photo sharing site. What one has everybody been using lately?

Re: 1:24 "studio scale" T-70 X Wing Resistance Fighter that never was...

G'day edspaged2 ,
Thanks for responding . As far as what others are posting pics on , the majority from what I've read on this site seem to favour ' imgur ' , but quite honestly , I'm the last person you should be asking . I have enough trouble posting text correctly half the time !
Whatever you go with , hope to see you posting / sharing again soon .

Cheers Ged :thumbsup

- - - Updated - - -

LOL!!! , case in point ! . Richard Baker posted that , before I could finish mine & post ! :facepalm:$

Last edited by a moderator:
Imgur was being annoying and wouldn't let me view the site like normal but only in app form so I uploaded
images onto Flickr. I'll see how that goes. But for now I'll just post an older pic to see if it uploads properly...

album-72157686677027124

155012107@N08

Last edited:
FYI guys...here is a way around the Photobucket block. It desn't seem to work on my computer at the office, but it worked on my home computer last night.

A WAY AROUND PHOTOBUCKET'S RANSOM TACTICS...

There are add on extensions for Chrome and Firefox that will allow those browsers to display the posted images rather than Photobucket's GIVE US YOUR MONEY!!! icon.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/photobucket-embedded-fix/?src=search

Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...ed-fix/naolkcpnnlofnnghnmfegnfnflicjjgj?hl=en

from: http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=70447

FYI guys...here is a way around the Photobucket block. It desn't seem to work on my computer at the office, but it worked on my home computer last night.

I'm not even going to bother using photo bucket again. It was super slow and adds were popping up like mad. I'm just having trouble now posting pics from Flickr.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back