Littoral combat ship

SCUDMAN

Sr Member
Hello everyone. I would like to share a model I am building. I started off with a quick pen and ink sketch.

IMG_0157.JPG

Now im fabricating the hull.

IMG_0163.JPG

Thank you you for looking.

Just curious from your perspective ....why would a spacecraft be "littoral," as the definition is "relating to or situated on the shore of the sea or a lake?" Are you perhaps inferring some sort of designation based on the US Navy's littoral vessels, such as the USS Independence and the USS Freedom? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Littoral_combat_ship

Interesting, compact design.

Hello WarpeD;
Thank you for your question and interest in my model. I love military models, plains, ships, tanks and so on. My insperation for this project was the USS Freedom LCS-1 and the USS Independence LCS-2. In formulating my concept I tried to keep its overall shape a familiar one, recognizable as a warship. As for the class of ship, I'm using the designation of "littoral" with a bit of artistic liberty, meaning close to "terra."

Mike, that was exactly what I was thinking! Carry on, Scudman. You have our attention! And agreed - your artistic license is well appreciated. Do keep track of the tank kits that sacrifice their best bits for this noble cause. You might want to disguise that Panther V rump just a bit, though!! ;)

Maybe it's "littoral" in that it's designed to operate in the upper atmosphere and low orbit, rather than being used for deep space. One might wonder why the design has no airfoil surfaces or lifting body elements, but, heck, it's the future. Who needs stuff like that?

I bet it has a really great anti-graviton engine or some such which makes such considerations quaint and old-fashioned.

Anyhow, I, too, love to see original designs on this forum. I follow with interest.

--Alex

Joe Johnston was very much an inspiration to me when I was a kid. Thank you for the comparison Joberg. I take it as a huge compliment.

Hello everyone. I have a quick update to share. This is one of my favorite parts of model building. Using model kit parts to dress things up a bit.

IMG_0240.JPG

IMG_0239.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

I also started fabricating the engine pods.
thank you for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_0242.JPG
    IMG_0242.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 210
Did you get a good deal on a case of model tanks? ;) Really impressed with the detail they're going to provide. Rather inspiring, in an ILM sort of way!

Hi WarpeD;
thank you for your feedback. As for the model kits I use for spare parts, it seems I'm always hunting for a good deal on model kits. I get them from Craigslist, yard sales, wherever I can get them cheap.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back