ALIEN COVENANT Design, Costumes and found objects

View attachment 742302

View attachment 742303

made some more progress on the solar panel. the geometry is basically done i just need some input on what type of hinge we want to do. right now it is modeled from a pin to go through the two like a door hinge. The other would be some sort of snap in hinge.
@Isaac064 also mentioned about making it two parts that a glass type piece would sit in between the two pieces, is everyone cool with that or have any other preferences?
I'm pretty flexible on the design so i'm just looking for people's opinions and feedback

It should be a lil more thinner i think, but besides that, dayum man. looking good.

For the hinges, whats your preferred choice cause im not so sure myself lol

looks thinner, idk how mch though.

The hinges are barely seen lol </3

MYPqMgKg.jpg

Forgot that detail on the outer, will add that. Its at 8mm thick right now, ill try bumping it up to 10 or 12 and see how that looks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

its almost hard to tell. The question marks were drawn on while i was still drawing how the panel shud probably look.
It kinda looks like it has that effect on the outer side.

awesome. what was the initial thickness?

its almost hard to tell. The question marks were drawn on while i was still drawing how the panel shud probably look.
It kinda looks like it has that effect on the outer side.

awesome. what was the initial thickness?
Right now its 8mm in the model. And that lines up with the first drawing you had me go off of. And that's all based on the assumed 12" overall length when open

I've been collecting materials and working on my Danni costume since May 19, and I decided to make a costume for Capt. Oram too, since Oram and Danni share the same gloves and share similar utility belts, gaitors, packs, and hat. I noticed Columbia clothing had two anoraks this season for women that looked a little like Danni's and Oram's anoraks, so I bought and modified them with patches and paint, and dyed the anorak for Danni a darker grey.
20170708_032613.jpgalien covenant costume (1).jpgalien covenant film costume (1).jpg20170708_051445.jpg20170708_051400.jpgalien covenant film costume.jpg
I have yet to paint the gold circuitry onto Danni's anoraks. I made a quilted belly piece to sit under the Columbia anorak's front pocket to mimic the under-coat Danni wears under her grey smock. This piece can be removed so I can still wear this anorak to town and not look completely odd (only the usual amount). Halfway into modifying my Columbia anorak for Danni's costume, I saw that eBay user Cosyahoo in China was making and selling a more screen-accurate version of Danni's "chemical suit", as they called it. I really like the design and don't have the time or expertise to draft my own patterns, so I ordered this too. I'm going to improve upon it by painting the gold circuitry onto the right breast side and sewing on a smaller, better quality patch on the left arm. I suppose now I have an "everyday" and convention version of Danni's top to wear. Also I'm a little obsessed, but I'm preaching to the choir, eh?
dannis smock.jpgs-l1600.jpg20170708_021408.jpg20170708_021009.jpg20170708_021158.jpg
I want to thank Banzai88 for the chest patch on Oram's anorak and HobbyBuzzard for the sleeve design of Oram's anorak. Actually I want to thank everyone here for all the effort and insight they have put into this thread and helping each other get accurate or just cool designs for our Alien Covenant costumes and props. You have all helped save me so much time, effort, and inaccuracy as I work on these costumes. I love seeing your work too, and I really appreciate the effort put into making patches Banzai88), labels (TheMechanic) and radio props (thadbo13). Most of all I'm happy to have found other people as interested in this movie's costume and prop design as me. It's a pretty niche group...but dang, it's dedicated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been collecting materials and working on my Danni costume since May 19, and I decided to make a costume for Capt. Oram too, since Oram and Danni share the same gloves and share similar utility belts, gaitors, packs, and hat. I noticed Columbia clothing had two anoraks this season for women that looked a little like Danni's and Oram's anoraks, so I bought and modified them with patches and paint, and dyed the anorak for Danni a darker grey.
View attachment 742419View attachment 742420View attachment 742421View attachment 742422View attachment 742423View attachment 742424
I have yet to paint the gold circuitry onto Danni's anoraks. I made a quilted belly piece to sit under the Columbia anorak's front pocket to mimic the under-coat Danni wears under her grey smock. This piece can be removed so I can still wear this anorak to town and not look completely odd (only the usual amount). Halfway into modifying my Columbia anorak for Danni's costume, I saw that eBay user Cosyahoo in China was making and selling a more screen-accurate version of Danni's "chemical suit", as they called it. I really like the design and don't have the time or expertise to draft my own patterns, so I ordered this too. I'm going to improve upon it by painting the gold circuitry onto the right breast side and sewing on a smaller, better quality patch on the left arm. I suppose now I have an "everyday" and convention version of Danni's top to wear. Also I'm a little obsessed, but I'm preaching to the choir, eh?
View attachment 742425View attachment 742426View attachment 742427View attachment 742428View attachment 742429
Awesome stuff!! Looks great

Is it just me or does the screen used panel have 3 ridges on the side and your rendering has 4?

yea i noticed that too, i opted for the one in the drawing.
the 2nd one had 3 and i realized there were 2, chose one and went ahead.

There might be 2 versions for some reason, Daniels is the only one i can see that uses 3 ridges, Karines solar panel is 4.
I think the others are using 4ridged types as well.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 742419View attachment 742420View attachment 742421View attachment 742422View attachment 742423View attachment 742424
View attachment 742425View attachment 742426View attachment 742427View attachment 742428View attachment 742429
I want to thank @Banzai88 for the chest patch on Oram's anorak and HobbyBuzzard for the sleeve design of Oram's anorak. Actually I want to thank everyone here for all the effort and insight they have put into this thread and helping each other get accurate or just cool designs for our Alien Covenant costumes and props. You have all helped save me so much time, effort, and inaccuracy as I work on these costumes. I love seeing your work too, and I really appreciate the effort put into making patches @Banzai88), labels (@TheMechanic) and radio props (@thadbo13). Most of all I'm happy to have found other people as interested in this movie's costume and prop design as me. It's a pretty niche group...but dang, it's dedicated.

Omg these are so good. I cant pick mine LOL
Cant decide what i want.

That is some dang accurate stuff there

Cant wait to pick one and get the patches.

Finally finished my flare.
I found this in Florida while on vacation, deactivated it (fired it off), mailed it back to myself in Vermont, replaced the steel tube with a new steel tube since the heat from the flare ruined the original tube, then I painted everything and re-assembled it. Quite an ordeal but I did not want a live flare in my closet or at a con.

Colors used-
Testors Flat Olive Drab
Krylon Mandarin
Krylon Smoke Grey
Rustoleum Matte Nickel
Krylon Matte Finish

IMG_5252.JPGIMG_5257.JPG

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back