ALIEN COVENANT Design, Costumes and found objects

It could be. I took a screen shot, pulled it into Photoshop and corrected for color grading. The thing is, the silver bottles on the side look right...so it's weird.

This is a repro German mountain troop anorak, which is different in several ways from the screen used Covenant ones. But this is already something I wear almost daily. I had an original, but did not want to kill such an expensive artifact performing ranching-type activities. I suspect the Covenant ones are derived from this design.
anorak.jpg

The reference I have on Oram is this one:
Oram alien covenant film costume.jpg
The cut and color seem like a close match to the German wartime anorak. The pockets are stupidly placed. In the 20s-40s, belt placement would be about even with the elbows. The pockets on the screen used one would probably get covered up even then, unless the one used is several sizes too small for the actor, to allow thin clothing under it.
Anyway, a non-reversible German one would be pretty simple to modify, as the pockets come right off, and could be repurposed at the waistline.
FYI- the reversible anorak has another set of pockets and buttons on the inside, but in white.
This image shows how they would have originally been worn, high-waisted with a loose fit.
e1f670d00009c2d993056e59ad181bd9.jpg

Thanks. I found some reference photos of the Swedish M1908 pullover version. It does look like Oram's was tailored to be undersized, which puts the pockets on the belt line. I cannot tell if the Oram anorak has two or three button pockets. It does appear that the hood draw strings are German styled, rather than the Swedish ribbon style. I also do not see the seams for the waist drawstring on the Oram anorak. Interesting stuff.

They're were tons of variations. Some had drawstring waists, some did not, some had scalloped pocket flaps some had 2 or 3 buttons and I think the cuff closures varied as well. Then there's the pullovers, button fronts etc.

In regards to Lope, Cole, Ledward etc. Does the F-4 Phantom belt replace the stock belt (attached pic) on their vest, or is it under the stock belt? Can't really tell from any photos or the film.

Also, anyone know an alternative to the F-4 belts/buckle? Having a really hard time finding any that actually ship to Oz.

Screen Shot 2017-08-11 at 1.38.21 am.png

In regards to Lope, Cole, Ledward etc. Does the F-4 Phantom belt replace the stock belt (attached pic) on their vest, or is it under the stock belt? Can't really tell from any photos or the film.

Also, anyone know an alternative to the F-4 belts/buckle? Having a really hard time finding any that actually ship to Oz.

View attachment 750642

I am trying to buy a bunch of the real ISC buckles right now...maybe a group buy? :)

More info:

OK guys, you are never going to believe this.

Look closely at the F4 buckle, it looks like this:
View attachment 750368

I've spent hours trying to find an alternative to this.

I've also been trying (in another thread) to find the buckle for the gun belt in The Dark tower, which looks like this:

View attachment 750369

I'll be darned if the gun belt buckle isn't just a later iteration of the same buckle. It is black, and it has a little machined recess on the one side, but...with a little bondo and paint...

View attachment 750370

Related question, how did I just now realize this? I'm clearly not getting enough sleep...

Here is a cheap source for a knock-off:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/For-Harness-Quick-Side-Release-Aluminum_60670764817.html?spm=a2700.7724857.main07.338.571f9d85CUqTvM

But I have never successfully bought anything from there.

View attachment 750371

Last edited by a moderator:
The F4 belt seems to be thrown on by the crew first, like a gun belt, and left on after their pack or vest is taken off. It usually has a knife, the fire starter, and other essentials. Some have guns.

View attachment 750647

Here is the vest buckle.

Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 5.47.08 PM.png

eeee.jpg

Last edited:
So a lot of people have asked me how I attached my GoPro handle to my pack. Well first you have to make the handle like I did, and make some sort of inner pack frame.

I made the pack frame from 3/4" PVC and it fits really, really snugly inside the pack. This serves 2 purposes: to make the pack appear full without being full of heavy stuff and it provides a platform to which the GoPro handle is mounted.

I attached a piece of plastic to the PVC frame and ran 2 screws through it that correspond to the threaded holes I made in my GoPro handle. Then I attached 2 metal eyelets through the side of the pack which the screws then pass through.

I used plastic stand-offs so the the handle is about 1/2" away from the pack. Just thought it looked better that way.

Then the assembly is screwed together from inside the pack.

This method is rock solid and permanent alteration to the pack was kept to a bare minimum. (2 eyelets).

IMG_5455.JPG
IMG_5458.JPG
IMG_5459.JPG
IMG_5460.JPG
IMG_5457.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5453.JPG
    IMG_5453.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 174
Very cool. Even has Tennessee's name in it.

Oh, they wrote his name in it. But it has lines for name and serial number. Very detailed. The buckle even has what appears to be laser engraved aluminum plaque with the Weyland logo and info on it.

Last edited:
Very cool. Even has Tennessee's name in it.

Oh, they wrote his name in it. But it has lines for name and serial number. Very detailed. The buckle even has what appears to be laser engraved aluminum plaque with the Weyland logo and info on it.
Unbelievable detailing evident in the video. I mean Reebok and WY back together for boots!

Such an interesting wardrobe for the movie. The almost worthless army surplus to the custom designer stuff and the space suits on a level of its own.

Last edited:
I'd love to get some of those etched brass plaques with the Weyland logo and information on them.
So many cool graphic elements to be had. But we'll just have to get them made unless they are in a prop auction someday. The GoPro housing is outstanding.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back