ALIEN COVENANT Design, Costumes and found objects

Tell me you love me.

A cheaper glove alternative.

Alien.Covenant.2017.HC.720p.HDRi_P.DD5.1.x264-_LEG.png

From here: https://www.amazon.com/Military-Anti-Vibration-Slip-Proof-Motorcycle-Shockproof/dp/B01L5U130Y?th=1&psc=1

Screen Shot 2017-08-06 at 2.45.21 PM.png

@TheMechanic hey i was just thinking do you think that red stuff sac shes carring could be a hamock? No...maybe?

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

Could be. Doesn't look like there's much in her bag. I just put a pair of socks in mine and it looks about as full as hers.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, just an idea. The F4 release buckle/strap combo is pricey, and then you gotta add the PLCE anyway.

Covenant Capture.JPG

Well, one idea is to order the PLCE with the roll-pin buckle, and it looks "close enough", and it's like $30. Something to think about.

1415712295160_bt03_marauder_belt_plceroll_pinlightolive_01.jpg

From here: http://www.johnbullclothing.com/PLCE_Webbing_Belt_with_RollPin_Buckle/p1074207_13232341.aspx

Also, since we are talking about "good enough", what if we really wanted the solar charger thingies on top of the pack to work?
For me, it's a bonus when I can buy props that I can use in my daily life...and this might just work.

Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 1.00.38 AM.png

From here: http://bestportablesolargenerators.com/portable-solar-usb-charger/

OK, after watching the movie again, and looking through all of these, to be just a crew member, you could mix up all of this gear. I mean, just look at the patches, LOL.

Last edited:
Back to the business at hand. While laid up (Dr.'s orders), I have spent like 20 hours trying to find this exact light blue bottle. Have any of you guys figured it out?

Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 1.32.59 PM.png

So, I was distracted by the light blue color for a while...but, I think the shoulder angle, the visible threads, and the rolled edge on the lip are better "tells."

Last edited:
I was only joking bro. Should have used a smiley face emoji or something. In this hobby most of the time close enough is all we get.

I've worked my ass off making my outfit as accurate as possible to what was used in the movie and have worked with several vendors and individuals to make items available that were not before.

Like the hats, there was nothing even close until I collaborated with Mr. Hemmings Workshop on those $164 hats. Same with the Invisio push to talk switch. And whatever else I've helped identify.

Anyway, cosplay on and let's have fun. That's what matters.
Thanks for your contributions as well.

Just to clear some things up in your post.

The hat didn't exist when I posted that. It does now thanks to the collaboration between me and Mr. Hemmings Workshop.

The circuit stencil still does not exist. You posted a picture of a picture of the circuitry.

The character in the picture you posted is wearing a VEST. Ledward does indeed wear a German parka liner with the pocket and everything.

I identified the Invisio PTT switch and an affordable replica is now available.

A GoPro housing is a GoPro housing and the one I posted and the one I have is screen accurate.

My flashlight isn't supposed to be Daniels. I'm not cosplaying Daniels.

But anyway, whatever. At the end of the day it doesn't really matter.

I was only joking bro. Should have used a smiley face emoji or something. In this hobby most of the time close enough is all we get.

I've worked my ass off making my outfit as accurate as possible to what was used in the movie and have worked with several vendors and individuals to make items available that were not before.

Like the hats, there was nothing even close until I collaborated with Mr. Hemmings Workshop on those $164 hats. Same with the Invisio push to talk switch. And whatever else I've helped identify.

Anyway, cosplay on and let's have fun. That's what matters.
Thanks for your contributions as well.

OK, sorry I totally mis-read that! My bad! Man, now I feel like a jerk. LOL

I guess there are lots of different approaches and perspectives. A lot of the stuff I work on has to be absolutely perfect, with the exact stitch spacing, uv reactivity, and anything else people can detect. I have bins of dirt and dust from battlefields all over the world, so the stains are just the right color.
But I started into Covenant gear because when I saw the film, The styling and color of the anoraks ( and some of the other gear) are super close to what I wear all the time. It is not screen perfect, as the pocket arrangement is different. But Covenant is a film where each character wears different clothing, with some overlap. I could certainly do an impression of one character, and get it stitch perfect. But in this case, just adding a few patches to what I wear in the mountains every day, I can get a pretty decent match to what an additional character might conceivably wear. It is already within my aesthetic.
I guess if I did a Con, I could make the hat, and put together the belt. We restore flight ready ejection seats here, so I have a bunch of parts from M-B mark 7 seats, although I will probably need to replace or dye the webbing.
But anyway, everyone has a different goal in this hobby, and different levels of acceptable standards. I do find that people tend to try to continually improve, and will seek out the help of those with more advanced abilities, and more experience. As long as those experts are approachable and helpful, and don't mock them for being FARBs.

OK guys, you are never going to believe this.

Look closely at the F4 buckle, it looks like this:
Covenant Capture.JPG

I've spent hours trying to find an alternative to this.

I've also been trying (in another thread) to find the buckle for the gun belt in The Dark tower, which looks like this:

il_570xN.1284589533_652w.jpg

I'll be darned if the gun belt buckle isn't just a later iteration of the same buckle. It is black, and it has a little machined recess on the one side, but...with a little bondo and paint...

RH185-black.jpg

Related question, how did I just now realize this? I'm clearly not getting enough sleep...

Here is a cheap source for a knock-off:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/For-Harness-Quick-Side-Release-Aluminum_60670764817.html?spm=a2700.7724857.main07.338.571f9d85CUqTvM

But I have never successfully bought anything from there.

Screen Shot 2017-08-08 at 1.53.37 PM.png

Covenant Capture.JPG

il_570xN.1284589533_652w.jpg

RH185-black.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-08-08 at 1.53.37 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back