ALIEN COVENANT Design, Costumes and found objects

View attachment 740480View attachment 740482View attachment 740484View attachment 740486

alright guys, believe this baby is done... added the slot for the picatinny rail as well as the slot for a velco strap.

Also here is the link for the shapeways print. The cheapest you can print it is around $30 and the most expensize HD is around $160

http://shpws.me/OJgH

I might recommend the "frosted ulta detail" material for $53 bucks but its obviously whatever you guys want the detail to be

choices choices, dam. tempted with the $30 but wonder what it looks like with the $33 and the $53, never had anything to do with 3D printing services before

any chance youd be able to do the solar panel?
tpsA6Fn.jpg

choices choices, dam. tempted with the $30 but wonder what it looks like with the $33 and the $53, never had anything to do with 3D printing services before

any chance youd be able to do the solar panel?
http://i.imgur.com/tpsA6Fn.jpg
Yep, I'll take a stab at it....those ortho's make it so much easier. Might take a week or so when i have the time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

backpack_solar_panel_2017-Jul-03_01-30-50AM-000_CustomizedView17472945299.png

wanted to bang out the center piece real quick. scale is me just guessing, i guessed 12" long open wing tip to wing tip and converted to clean mm numbers because FBFX did the costumes and props and i doubt they use imperial

the recess may look too deep, might bring it back up a bit. I think the best route for the solar cells, would be stickers printed glossy and laid in the recessed areas but i want to hear everyone else's ideas for that.

easy set up for the wings on a hinge, i will be printing this out at home and testing it before i release the model to print.

I need to soften up the rest of the edges to match the few i did as a test..

The material i assigned to the model is giving off weird appearances and illusions. I'll do more work and post up better renders soon

Last edited:
View attachment 740584
I think the best route for the solar cells, would be stickers printed glossy and laid in the recessed areas but i want to hear everyone else's ideas for that.

this is actually my plan, atleast a part of it
Thought bout making something like a plate for the cells. stick the sticker on it then put it in.
The solar panel casing would be in 2 parts(upper and lower, split in half) to open up and put in the cell plate. just an idea so far

Hey guys! I just made an account here (after watching countless Tested vids...) Hello everyone from germany!

Is anyone interested in the all-over-perforated, grey crew jackets? Upworth is wearing one like 14 mins in and another crew member wears one too throughout the film.
I found noting on the internets about this. really interesting because its a crazy jacket. I think its some kind of neoprene because it seems quite flexible...

i will definetly try to make one of those.

First post - Glenn out!

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back