David Fincher's Mindhunter

Thoroughly onboard with anything Fincher does. Teaser is decent, but doesn't give too much of a sense of how the show might play out. The dialogue sounds decent though.

Not impressed with the first episode, but I think its something embedded deep in what the show is trying to do. Massive fan of Thomas Harris, the genre, everything like that. GwtDT, Se7en, Zodiac etc. Love it.

And having been exposed to all that, the first episode seemed so, utterly fixated on exposition. And that is literally because the characters are discovering it - which is part of the story, of course.

So how do I reconcile the knowledge already there with what they are learning? haha. It did seem to settle into the last third and its definitely watchable. I'll definitely be checking more out, won't be able to help myself.

First one is a slow burn, but it picks up, and it's really great ! Was really bummed when I got to ep. 10 and realized I'll have to wait a year for season 2 now.

I really liked the show, especially once after I got passed the first episode, but the one problem that the first episode highlights that remains throughout has got to be Holden, or at least, the guy who plays him. In comparison to the other strong and consistent performances that surround him, it shows just how weak he is and giving him the subplot with his girlfriend felt like an excuse just to give him something to do.

Beyond that, let's be honest here, the show belongs to the serial killers. They're the ones that make this interesting, especially Ed Kemper. He is to Mindhunter what Hannibal Lector was to Silence of the Lambs. And on a geekier point, combine the portrayal of Ed, the shoe-guy, and give it Mark Hamill's voice and I think you'd have the ideal live-action portrayal of the Joker.

I just finished season 2 of this awesome series yesterday! It has such a X-Files vibe for me and that is one of my favorite shows. Too bad I will have to wait prob more than a year to see season 3 which is setting up quite a story with the BTK/ADT killer. All of the serial Killers performances have been absolutely mind blowing. The subplot of son of the older agent has been astounding and sad. It's going to be a long year or more wait for the next chapter.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back