Star Lord's new scanner

As promised, here's the mod kit I was talking about offering w/the animation file for those interested.

I have a thread under the project runs for order inquiries. :thumbsup

Motion%20Tracker%20Mod%20Kit.jpg

As usual I'm a week late for the party but.... I put out on FB that I was looking for a 77 or 2000 model and bam, scored this bad boy for 20 bucks! Starlord Scanner.JPG
I'll sit it to the side for now just to make sure there isn't anything hiding under that thumb!

View attachment 716492View attachment 716493

Got mine all done. I have kits available with the greebly already assembled to help you get your own space tracker ready!

There's still more to it than that... I don't think the blue button you still have on your game is present on the movie prop, and underneath the switch is a circuit board visible in the screen shot I've attached (second circle).
[Edit]- This may actually be the circuit board from the game itself...

Also, as the first circle shows, the white part of the game (the edge) on the left next to black area looks to be completely cut off the game. It almost looks like the entire 'scanner control' mechanism can be slid into the game from the side, and held in place with the screw... Notice in the second picture how much of the game is missing on the left side...

Also, to me, the screw looks like a blue-colored (or just dirty) phillips head screw, not an allen screw... But it is kind of hard to tell for sure...

I think the entire black section from 'SOUND' to the left edge of the game is cut out (indicated in the 3rd picture...)
GOTGFootball1.jpg

GOTGFootball2.jpg

I think this is what is removed from the top shell of the game:
GOTGFootball3.jpg

Last edited:
If adding a phone inside you have to do ALOT of mods to the internal guts especially since there are alot of plastic screw mounts, brackets that hold the electronic boards, AND smaller screw mounts for the electronic boards. Much modded internally!!!!

I'm using an iPhone 5s so I need to also remove alot of the top area because the iPhone screen is much lower from the top. Pics soon come!

Depending on the phone (and if you care about it), might be easier to take the phone apart as well... You might even be able to remove some of it (like the camera, wifi boards, etc) and get a better fit for it...

I did watch the movie in cinema and download the movie in ****y quality just to check out the prop. Unfortunately that is the only scene (what is in the trailer) when Peter use the scanner so nobody knows what is under his thumb. :(

my progress so far:
IMG_2701.JPG IMG_2702.JPG cutting stuff
IMG_2706.JPG IMG_2707.JPG glue in the "extra" part and a little bit of the circuit board
IMG_2705.JPG IMG_2704.JPG
IMG_2711.JPGIMG_2708.JPG put in some craft foam to protect the mobile screen

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back