THANOS Bust zBrush Sculpt

KJC

Thanos head/bust in progress for a full MCU Thanos costume commission. I'll be 3D printing this then cleaning up and skinning in clay to add final detail and texture. This will be my first time doing this process for an organic sculpt instead of sculpting from clay initially. I decided to sculpt the head digitally because I am going to 3D model the helmet as well. This way I'll be able to digitally scale the helmet to the head model to ensure a proper fit.

Thanos sculpt front.jpg
Thanos sculpt 3 quarter profile.jpg
Thanos sculpt side.jpg

Last edited:
Any tips for someone getting started into sculpting in zbrush? I need to get the program, but I want to try it out. Seems kind of daunting at first.

Any tips for someone getting started into sculpting in zbrush? I need to get the program, but I want to try it out. Seems kind of daunting at first.

I came in to zBrush from clay sculpting. It was really just a lot of learning as I went. The hardest thing was learning how big to set the brush size and wear to use what brushes to get the shapes I want. The primary brushes I use are move, clay build up, dam_standard, pinch, and hPolish. You can do a lot with just these. Another tip is to learn to utilize the masking function. Dynamesh and zRemesh are also useful. I would recommend watching tutorial videos.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back