DeAgostini 1:18 X-Wing

For me it's the scale.
I love my Deagostini Falcon, yes it's not without its faults but it's studio scale and for me a long awaited dream to own one.
A studio scale X-Wing is another dream own of mine.
If Deagostini had gone for a shorter build in studio scale I'd have been all over this and I think that many others would have been too.

It's "price scale" which to me is worse than the idea of box scale. They want it to hit a certain price point, so they make it that big to (kinda, but not really) justify the price want. The MF is overpriced, but it's like the only game in town to get something that is relatively studio scale. (That Walmart thingy needs a lot of work.) And people who talk about actually making a real SS Falcon talk about hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars. Compared to that, the MF is a good deal and close enough for most of us. What if the MF were $2500 and 4 feet long? Quite the head-scratcher. A SS X might fail as well as too many of us have or have access to one of the other kits--which would be/are cheaper and would probably be more accurate if the MF is a way to predict that. It might have worked if they did a two-for in SS, and the obvious duo would be a X and standard TIE. The TIE hasn't been as easy to get, the price of each (half the price of the total) would be fairly close to a SS kit, and enough people would justify the extras as making it worth it. (I wouldn't buy it, but at least I can imagine enough people buying it.)

If you are building 1/18 Hasbro Hero X-Wing conversion I have a set of aluminum wings for it...

wingparts08.jpg

wingparts07.jpg

wingparts01.jpg

wingparts02.jpg

wingparts03.jpg

Attachments

• wingparts01.jpg
    wingparts01.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 168
If you thought out a way to mount this.......home run.
Same way as with studio scale model - armature. Wings will be bolted to it. I will come up with some solution if there is enough interest, but should be pretty easy to construct...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

So when I looked over the early days of the DeAgo MF (the early "test" issues showing up to, presumably, gauge interest and into the actual run of the real kit) it followed a similar pattern to what this X-wing did, except that right around now we would be hearing about the X-wing going into full production. This makes me think this x-wing won't happen--though I haven't hear anything official. I won't hide the fact that I thought this idea was doomed (see my post above). It still feels like the right subject done the right way could find a market. The MF was that way (full-sized, nearly studio scale, with some electronics). Maybe a "studio scale" Slave-1 or Blockade Runner. I'm not a real fan of either and wouldn't buy either, but I hear clamoring for those. I didn't see anyone saying, "The SS X-wing is cool, but what really want is a 1/18 scale X-wing!" Or, as I earlier suggested, maybe a two fighter combo in "studio scale" to (sorta) justify the price. And even then, I wouldn't bank on those being something has been done before for less money and more accurately.
Mike Todd

I still think a studio scale Slave 1 would be money in the bag for them seeing as there is no studio scale kit on the market at all. And also it would go great with the MF. You might not be interested in the slave 1 but I think there are a to of people that would love one.

I just got an email from De Agostini saying Build the X-Wing has been launched. Is there any confirmation of this?

Good day Dean,
Thank you for taking the time to write to us.
Kindly be advised that the X-Wing collecting has been launched, for further assistance please contact client base on 033 3240 1227.
If you require any additional information, please feel free to contact us .
Kind regards,
Delma
Customer Care

Last edited by a moderator:
just curious, wouldn't this 1/18 X-wing be almost the same size as Hasbros Hero X-Wing ?

Me being a Fett-nerd, I'd prefer a SS Slave I too as sugested above. Wouldn't mind a build-you-own version of Master Replicas AT-AT either

I just got an email from De Agostini saying Build the X-Wing has been launched. Is there any confirmation of this?

Good day Dean,
Thank you for taking the time to write to us.
Kindly be advised that the X-Wing collecting has been launched, for further assistance please contact client base on 033 3240 1227.
If you require any additional information, please feel free to contact us .
Kind regards,
Delma
Customer Care
"X-Wing collecting has been launched"? What does that mean? And what is is like to contact customer service there? In the U.S., every time I tried, the responses have been less than informed. I have mostly had to rely on what is being posted here to know what's going on. Which is how I knew 100A was coming. (Got mine, thanks.)
Mike Todd

Last edited by a moderator:
just curious, wouldn't this 1/18 X-wing be almost the same size as Hasbros Hero X-Wing ?

Me being a Fett-nerd, I'd prefer a SS Slave I too as sugested above. Wouldn't mind a build-you-own version of Master Replicas AT-AT either

If you are refering to the big one that was released 2 years ago....yes. Im gonna guess the websites will be updated in the UK and then the US shortly after like the MF.

There is a Slave 1 ( in Jango paint) toy that is really close to studio scale. Below is a pic of my repainted Jango Slave one and the big X-Wing toy. Total cost for both was under $100 plus my time.

$65 for 25 months! They're crazy! That's the same cost as the Falcon.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Exactly Mike.

I own the Deagostini Falcon and I'm doing the R2 with my son. So I enjoy what Deagostini does.

BUT...

I just can't get around the toy look of this thing. Does it come with a museum display case? 1600 is a lot for opening wings and a few light up features .... Especially when one can get a Salzo and build an accurate studio scale piece for less with 10 times the amount of details paid carefuel attention to.

I'm not buying into this one I think.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back