DeAgostini 1:18 X-Wing

Ah, sorry. Here is a screenshot.
ef0338c96a403248b52ec18b9da6dc7a.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I don’t know.. I know that the hasbro one lacks a lot of detail but it has a good shape but the deago is easily an inch shorter on the front. It doesn’t sound like much but seems drastically short in scale.. View attachment 838796

I think the Hasbro Hero has a very good fuselage ratio, very good for a toy, the DG X Wing seems too short in the nose dept by a long shot.

IMG_4411.JPGIMG_4414.JPG

I am hesitant to spend the cash but I’m an xwing junky! I always dabble around and see the talk of salvos and the lot but have no idea how to go about and get one? Do they just randomly come up for sale when casting?

I’m not sure if this is dead in the water now. I got the first shipment then nothing. I’m kinda thinking this hasn’t taken off the way they probably thought.

Not a fan of the subscription model where you have to wait years to put the ship together. If they just offered it as a complete kit I'd jump all over this. The falcon had it's problems, but with some modifications it looks really good.

They usually offer a buy the entire kit option after the initial run is completed... at least they did on the Millennium falcon.

I'm thinking I may do this one... I was initially hesitant but its growing on me :).

Jedi Dade

I am hesitant to spend the cash but I’m an xwing junky! I always dabble around and see the talk of salvos and the lot but have no idea how to go about and get one? Do they just randomly come up for sale when casting?
Surprised no one responded--or maybe I don't understand your question. If you don't know how to get this X-wing, you can go to the DeAgostini website--www.model-space.com. But then that depends on where you are since only some areas get it. Actually, you should start by saying where you are, I guess. You pay a monthly fee with the subscription plan and it takes about two years to complete. After that (it actually seems up in the air whether they will even continue this), they will probably offer a full kit for about $1500 with lots of occasional discounts.
Mike Todd

Surprised no one responded--or maybe I don't understand your question. If you don't know how to get this X-wing, you can go to the DeAgostini website--www.model-space.com. But then that depends on where you are since only some areas get it. Actually, you should start by saying where you are, I guess. You pay a monthly fee with the subscription plan and it takes about two years to complete. After that (it actually seems up in the air whether they will even continue this), they will probably offer a full kit for about $1500 with lots of occasional discounts.
Mike Todd

And if you decide to wait....you can ask to play catch up. They will send you every issue up to current and then go monthly after that. That is what i did on the MF.

They usually offer a buy the entire kit option after the initial run is completed... at least they did on the Millennium falcon.

I'm thinking I may do this one... I was initially hesitant but its growing on me :).

Jedi Dade

Yeah, that's what I did with the falcon, just bought it all in one go. Wish they did that with the x-wing from the beginning and just got rid of the subscription format.

Yeah, that's what I did with the falcon, just bought it all in one go. Wish they did that with the x-wing from the beginning and just got rid of the subscription format.

My guess is that they dont have everything spooled up in mass quantities from the get go. Thats my theory at least.

I've always thought the subscription or weekly "issues" is their business model. And they mostly seem to appeal to the casual person who is merely a fan of whatever they make. Like I love the Shelby GT 500 (and will never be able actually buy the real thing) so I get the DeAgo one, build it, and put it on my desk at work--not that I really did). You can do this as a non-modeler, in fact being a non-modeler probably helps you be happy with it out of the box. But I can't tell my wife I'm spending $1500 because I think this little "toy" is really cool. So I buy the monthly or weekly thing and it words out for everybody. EXCEPT when you wander into the modeling world like you do with the "studio scale" MF. There might be some casual non-modeler fans picking this up, but you can't avoid those with AM syndrome. People who've bought their share of SS kits with big price tags. As a commercial model kit, the MF is overpriced (when you compare a weekly or monthly shipment with what you normally get when you spend $15 or $60 on another model), but it's priced about right compared to what you normally get in the garage SS kit market. So those people would be all over this for $1500 at once, and the ones on the fence jump in when you discount it (like it is right now). The company sort of has to deal with an identity crisis with something like the MF. Not sure they're getting the same "just shut up and take my money" response for the X-wing, but we'll see. And the R2D2 seems like the kind of thing that's going to rely on people who just think it's cool and not so much on the modelers. (Just look at all those threads at the modeling forums like this one--said facetiously.)
Mike Todd

The subscription format has its place... Many people can't afford to buy it all at once. Although it would be nice if the option to purchase was available in the beginning... but its likley that they entire kit isn't in 100% production on month 1 so... we'd need to wait longer - and the compkany would have to put out moire up front money before they could start selling the subscription... so I get it.

Jedi Dade

The subscription format has its place... Many people can't afford to buy it all at once. Although it would be nice if the option to purchase was available in the beginning... but its likley that they entire kit isn't in 100% production on month 1 so... we'd need to wait longer - and the compkany would have to put out moire up front money before they could start selling the subscription... so I get it.

Jedi Dade
Sure, I get that. I was just giving my opinion that for those of us that don't want to wait years, it'd be a nice option when they release it.

Jedi Dade

Usually they’re about 6 months into production when the first issue is released.

Personally I quite enjoy partworks because I work very stupid hours (I’m a chef) and the pacing is perfect. They’re all the same though.. a snail’s pace worth of issues and then suddenly a massive influx at the end.

The delorean is terrible though with its parts count.. some issues contain only two pieces.

You can see the first 6 months of issues on the model space site, two wings and the cockpit are mostly complete around issue 25.

So did you get the second shipment? weeks 5-8?

Yes I did. I actually got it last week. Just waiting for set #3 early next month now. I think I'm going to wait until I get five or six sets here before I start building the thing. Parts look fantastic as well as paint job. All set up for weathering and making it sloppy like the studio scale version.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back