Deagostini x wing test run started 1/18 scale !

steve_jones

Spotted in U.K. Shops

Quite large !

IMG_5410.JPG

Wow. I am amazed that they start a new partwork before finishing the other one (R2-D2). Impressive size indeed, but the price point must be huge (again). You can achieve a similar result at a fraction of the whole price by modding the Hasbro Rebels X-Wing and installing appropriate electronics. I would like to see smaller models released. They could be finished faster, would be cheaper and would not take up so much space. In addition, DeAgo might be able to release new models faster.

Aaaaahhh, its too much. Falcon, R2 and the minihelmets already and now this giant too. My wallet screams in pain.

I know, its a test run, but the paint apps on the first parts is not very tempting to me. 1:18 scale is this anything like studio scale ??

I know, its a test run, but the paint apps on the first parts is not very tempting to me. 1:18 scale is this anything like studio scale ??

I'd venture to guess that if not studio scale, awful close.

0b76be73a6e03471dba63af2de262231.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

1/18 is larger than the studio scale x-wings of ANH. They were 1/24.

That is likely correct. I'm finishing a 1/29 Revell build and it seems very close to the original studio scale from ANH.

I think by the time they did Wedge's X-wing for Jedi - they upped the scale big time:

3cc4df43262ea57abd26501aa2872127.jpg

1/24 is correct for the ANH x-wings.

There was a 1/12 x-wing built by ILM but I am not sure it was used in filming. It made the circuit with the Star Wars museum tours though.

1/18 is the size of that large Hasbro X-wing from a couple years ago.

That is a huge model. Bigger than studio scale X-wings from A New Hope.

Although there is plenty of figure options for it since 1/18 is also the scale of the Hasbro action figures

A 1/24 race car driver figure was used for the x-wing pilot... so that's why we all assume it was 1/24.

X-Wing is an interesting choice. I have several though...as do most people that are interested in a good x-wing. SO I don't really get why they chose this topic - other than its pretty popular as a hero ship.

Jedi Dade

I'm certain that they will eventually be offered in North America. It looks like DeAgostini releases first I. The U.K., then the US and subsequently in EU. I'm not certain they are released in the Far East or Australia or they get them from the US or UK. I'm a little surprised that they are going to be released in something other than Studio Scale, but I don't mind a larger scale at all. More than likely there will be lighting and movable wings by remote. I'm in shock that this was released so soon after releasing the R2. Hopefully a Y and TIE are shortly behind.

TazMan2000

P.S. Whoooohooooo!!!

The X-wing seemed like the next obvious ship--mainly because it figured prominently in the poll they did or some other hint out there. And all along I thought--if studio scale--could sort of be dead on arrival with all the SS kits out there--though a DeAgo one would have lights and movement built in. (Or I feared an arsenal of C&D letters the day before the announcement of the new kit.) But to go to 1/18. For me, there's even less chance I'd buy it. I could imagine meetings where someone like Steve (is that who it is working with them) says you gotta do the Slave-1, for instance, and the suits say, nope, it's gotta be iconic. Gotta have mass appeal.

For me, this is an easy decision to pass, and I haven't even seen the price. (Guessing it will be $1000 to $1500--not to say I can't find it, I just haven't looked because I don't care.)

That's just an odd scale for them to choose. Why not go with the studio scale or match the scale of the falcon they released. I'm guessing it's just bigger models cost more and they are greedy. I'm not going to buy one but I'll watch all the threads of people building them.

This is the Hasbro Hero at 1:18 scale...it's pretty BIG! ;)...if the DG is that big, it's a decent size, don't think the SS models were 1:18.

I guess the wings will open and close via remote....for $1800 they better;)

xw5.jpgIMG_2085.JPGView attachment IMG_2021.JPG

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back