!/24th Scale Police Spinner (Fujimi) with Lights

My goodness! I'm glad I didn't see this video earlier, I could have been discouraged to even try my build. Those lights are incredible! I had to subscribe to Teslabe's Youtube channel, lots of interesting tech stuff there.

Hi Avanaut, I love your build and would feel very bad if my posts did anything but motivate your creative juices...... Great job with this kit.....

Hi Avanaut, I love your build and would feel very bad if my posts did anything but motivate your creative juices...... Great job with this kit.....

It is inspiring alright, it is just so damn good! I gather you wired the roof light racks and made a cut in the roof for the wires? A cut like that should be practically unnoticeable after installing the roof windows. I am kicking myself for not figuring that out myself, I ran the wires through a hole in the roof next to the lamp brackets, I soldered wires after that. It was a bit tricky, the wires weren't too long.

Here's a short clip of the lighting pattern. One red and one blue led missing due to the fried driver board.

In the video you can also see the opening on the floorpan aft of the rear wheels. It's the door to the battery compartment, this thing has an internal 9 volt battery power source. The door stays closed with magnets.

I still need to install the two white lights on the floor. I kinda forgot them.

Last edited by a moderator:
The roof of the Spinner has six domes, each fitted with flashing leds. There are also smaller lights but I'm tackling the round domes now.

I got the system to work, beautiful flashing pattern, then the board shorted and killed current to two leds. I couldn't figure out where the problem was, so I rewired the whole thing. Found the fault when ripping the wires off, it would have been very simple to fix. It was just a stray strand, easy to remove with a toothpick or such. Damn!

Rewiring the board went well, I figured out a better way to solder it and it now has a solid clean wiring. Checking the bdriver, electric current goes to all the right places but, alas, two leds are dead. They are not not the same two that were dead earlier and the problem is not with the board.

Ten hours straight with the soldering iron today, and I cannot troubleshoot the fault. Putting the soldering iron down for today, I got four lights, two blanks and an urge to smash the whole thing to million pieces with a hammer.

You know how it is.

Love the grills at the bottom of the Spinner...patience is key:rolleyes (yes, I know the feeling:D) Stand back, breathe by the nose and go at it again!! Great work btw (love the vid!!)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back