I made an interesting purchase..

jonnytrooper

Sr Member
Hey there! So, I bought this off of someone who bought it at a Sony backlot auction. There were no wardrobe tags, no COA, and nobody (including the purchaser) knew what it was. As far as they knew, it was some cool leather jacket that wound up in a warehouse. I, on the other hand, instantly recognized it as the Looper jacket. So, here's what we know: TriStar produced the film, and that it's a subsidiary of Sony, and this was bought at a Sony auction. As far as we know, this is a true JAL - tag, craftsmanship, and the fact that I haven't seen a counterfeit JAL before. It has signs of wear, so it definitely wasn't just made for a production and then left unused. We also know that no jackets from the movie have wound up at exhibits, auctions, or the like. Matter of fact, I've never seen one outside of the film or JAL's website. And, as a person who is roughly the same size as JGL (5'9" 155 lbs) we know that it fits me the way it fits him (albeit very snug, but JGL looks to have a narrower physique than myself). So, I know we can't really authenticate it, but I'm totally freaking out. As far as I'm concerned, this is the genuine article. I'm so over the moon. It just feels like the real deal to me. So everyone...what do you think?

Attachments

• IMG_0493.JPG
    IMG_0493.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 766
Get some close-ups and screen grabs and start looking to unique stitch patterns on the seams (like a missed or double stitch). Also, zippers and natural leather scars are great ways to lock a jacket it for a match. Good Luck!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back