Darth Nihilus mask help?

ALF

Jr Member
Hey all, I'm considering putting together a Nihilus costume (as my first build) and I'm having difficulty deciding what to do for the mask. I've looked for completed masks online but they're either not the best looking or super expensive. I looked into cutting up a hockey mask, but all the ones I've seen have had breathing holes on the forehead. Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

I have one from Etsy, that while expensive is fantastic quality. For the ones on Etsy, most shops offer a unpainted version. That'll save you money if you feel confident to paint it yourself.

I'm about to print my first one overnight exactly tonight - if it turns out good would you be interested in one? I'll post pics in a thread or Pm you if You like as I progress

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could Bondo over the holes fairly easily couldn't you? I was thinking about doing the same with a hockey mask and that's what I came up with, though I haven't attempted it yet.

3601f31258e47c5ae9cd96a8b6decc72.jpg
here it is off the printer this morning - I can post as I do the finish work

Thanks I will have to do that post process - I just grabbed the best looking model off of Thingiverse :)

Nice print for a overnight job, didn't even think of making the red marks raised for mine (or indents). Here's mine which I cast/sell every week or 2, you would need a balaclava/ski mask to use wear under it though.

20160329_204439.jpg 20160503_210303.jpg

That looks great Hydro :)

May I ask if you have any recommended links to read up about casting?

Whoops, forgot about this. I mostly watched some youtube videos on how molding/casting is done, text instructions are helpful but actually seeing someone doing what they are explaining helped immensely. The Tested channel has some good ones (Here's some for Slush Casting helmets/masks, 2 parts molds and then molding 3D prints), and Bill at Punished Props has several videos on casting and molding things, if you search 'mold' or 'cast' you get like 15 videos each on doing different techniques.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back