Interstellar Endurance 1/200th Scale

Re: Endurance 1/200th Scale

All twelve modules have now been fitted and just a little cleanup left to do on some- I've also nearly finished casting all the payloads which go in the back of the habitation modules, so that ought to be done by the end of today.
In between casts I was making the tunnel module master, which is now already moulded and I'll soon be casting from.

The last thing I did yesterday was make the brass arm which juts from the ship's aft. I intend to tap a 1/4" tripod thread into it for mounting purposes, so I needed the join to withstand holding up 5kg; I reasoned the strongest join I'd be able to whip up at 11pm in my shop would be if I pinned and soldered the two brass bars together. As you can see, it works a charm.

Photo dump of the past few weeks' work, I've only been able to work on this poor project in tiny increments due to my day job as a highschool workshop technician, however once the school holidays begin next week, things on the Endurance will be back in the swing of things.

Land of the Landers

35365531454_25dcaedfeb_c.jpg

36160132156_92e0777b77_c.jpg

Beautiful build:cool Loving the amount of details (seen & not seen). Eager to see the next update!

I can't believe how long it's been since I updated the thread on this build- I've been working on it incrementally but totally neglected to keep things posted.

Regardless, here's where I'm at;
five of the modules had severe air cavities under the main layer of resin where it ought to have been solid, so rather than ignore the issue (as it wasn't visible, but was structurally questionable) I cut out those areas before levelling them out with resin and filler.

Then this evening I rewatched Interstellar itself whilst panelling the repaired modules.
Tomorrow I'm going to build the master for the spherical joints... my intention is to vacuum form them in halves to preserve the ability for disassembly.

I wasn't satisfied with the previous Ranger casts, so today I cast up two new copies, which have both been machined to accommodate LEGO technic pins (5mm with a 6mm step in the aperture)

Then this evening I machined the three module struts which extend from the central cruciform. Later this week I'll pin and solder them all together, I ought to have done it earlier in the build but eh, live and learn.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back