Hasbro Marvel Legends Star-Lord Mask and Mjolnir

That gauntlet in the background though....

giphy.gif

Has anyone done a tear-down of the Hasbro helmet for installing Risu lens kit? I'm ready to get it done and I'd like to know what I'm in for before starting.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found a teardown, but it does not discuss how to install a lens kit.

Anyone have any advice on the lens installation side of things?

Or a method for reinstalling the rear of the side pipes?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was recently watching Adam Savage's one day build of the Star Lord costume on YouTube which made me want to get out my Marvel Legends helmet and play around with it.

My thoughts on it after having it for a year on:

• Too big on the head
  • Back of the helmet opens when I try to look up or turn to far one way or another. So, I would need to shorten it a little OR it needs some sort of locking mechanism to stay closed.
  • Light up feature in the eyes is cheap looking - not at all screen accurate.
  • Can see molded interior features from the outside surface of the helmet. Needs leveled out with bondo and repainted, obviously.
  • LOVE the sound effect when you turn it on and the brightness options.
  • I can take or leave the Bluetooth functionality - haven't even played with that since I got it.

The biggest thing I would like to change, first off, is the eyes. This helmet has existed for a good while now, so has anyone developed a kit for this thing that can work off the native electronics - just patch it into the system? That would be awesome!

* Disclaimer.. I dont own one of these..

But..

* What about the eyes do you want changed?
* What does the current system look like? Perhaps myself or someone else can create something that works using the 'native electronics'

Bluetooth.. so things are probably running @ +3.3v (or at least a level shifter is +5v is the main power for the rest)

The eyes have a smudgy red tint and the dotted pattern is inaccurate. After owning it for two years, the lens still smear off red if I try to clean them.

All it would take to be improved is someone to make an acrylic lens in the exact same dimensions and add the etched grid lines.

This and the Ant-Man helmet are my favorite Hasbro ones. Although both need padding inside instead of the uncomfortable rubber eyepiece.

oops.. (wrong thread!) LOL

The lens thing was a known issue I believe...

That being said.. I do have a laser cutter :)

Either way.. I dont see anything 'electronic' related...??

Did Hasbro fix anything with the 2020 re-release? The dude at GameStop tried telling me they fixed or did something different with the eyes, but I don't believe a word he said.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back