Hasbro Marvel Legends Star-Lord Mask and Mjolnir

Concerning Star Lord helmet and returns to Hasbro:

I spoke with a customer service rep through Hasbro's chat, he had USPS send me a shipping label, I shipped my helmet back 2 weeks ago and have heard nothing back from Hasbro of status. All I know is that it was delivered successfully. I've since sent 2 emails to customer service this week about it. How long is it supposed to take to get some service after you return something, Hasbro?!

I got a response letting me know what I mentioned earlier the day they received it. Still no refund check... But I did purchase a new one, and lo and behold more fogged lenses!!! Totally a QA issue for Hasbro, can only hope the Poe Dameron helmet is issue free...

I got a response letting me know what I mentioned earlier the day they received it. Still no refund check... But I did purchase a new one, and lo and behold more fogged lenses!!! Totally a QA issue for Hasbro, can only hope the Poe Dameron helmet is issue free...

I finally got a response. Same "none in stock" bs with the offer of something else of equal value. I've got another helmet coming from a previous preorder that I wasn't allowed to cancel. I'll keep everyone posted on lens condition if it's actually clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone that disassembled your helmet. Do you recall how the rubber eye shroud was attached? Inside the helmet it's just a flat disc.

This thing doesn't fit my face well. I'd really like to try and remove it.

EDIT:
Also, has anyone installed a lens kit into their helmet and can confirm the bluetooth still works?

Last edited:
Finally got my Star Lord helmet...which is just as amazing as I hoped it would be!! The only problem is I cannot get the bluetooth connection to work?? Searched several times but my phone cannot find it. I have a Google Pixel XL phone....anyone else have any connection problems?

Chris

**update** just got it connected!!! Love it!!! :)

Last edited:
I had to turn on the bluetooth switch and turn on the LED lights in the lenses. Then it would reliably connect.

That's why I wonder if replacing the lenses will affect bluetooth functionality.

Great idea about adding magnets, I am lucky enough to have just got one without the fogging issue, but the back of the helmet does pop open every now and again.Any tips/info on how to add magnets to this?I am terrible at this sort of thing, but might have to give it a go if the problem persists, so any help [and hopefully photos if possible] would be greatly appreciated.
cheers!

Hello everyone, just wondering if anybody has tried using toothpaste to remove the eye fogging problem or if the Novus is the best way to go?

I had purchased one of these on Amazon about a month ago. Same foggy lense issues, and the back didn't want to stay in place. With enough collectibles and projects, I decided to send this project back to Amazon. No problem, they sent UPS with shipping labels and the cost was refunded.

Ugh, I was really hoping they would have resolved the lenses issue by now. I've tried all sorts of things to clean it. Windex, vinegar cleaning solution, car headlight restorer, scratch remover... Nothing makes a difference.

I rubbed a cloth on it earlier today and red dye keeps smudging off.

Great helmet for the money still. I removed the chin strap as it's pretty much useless and annoying.

From reviews I have watched of Mjolnir, I'm skipping it. I've ordered one from Show.Z from ebay. It looks like the metal Lager one just without the base. You can get it or the Cattoys one for $50-80 more than Hasbro's.

I'm hoping Hasbro does Ant-man helmet and Infinity Gauntlet for 2018.

Last edited:
FYI, Amazon daily deal for today has the Star-Lord helmet for $55... Instant buy for me. Will report to on the lenses to see if they are still foggy.

Looks like I lucked out. No fogginess/smudges on the lenses. I'm still playing around with the fit, as it seems to want to slide down my face. It's also a little cumbersome to close the back panel all the way when I am wearing it but that might be me not being used to it yet and the amount of force needed to snap it forward. Visibility is decent considering its two red circles you are looking out of but I would definitely need to walk around carefully at a con as to not bump in to anything/anyone.

Overall, I am happy with the purchase, especially at the sub $60 price point. Like others have stated, the finish on the mask is quite good considering the price. If it drops this low again on Amazon, I highly recommend people pick it up.

I wanted to throw my two cents in on this as well:

I pre-ordered mine, got it, had foggy lenses, long conversation with amazon and got a replacement sent, same foggy lenses on that one too, ended up only being out of pocket for $40 due to all of the return fiasco I went through with amazon.

I watched the take apart video posted in this thread and decided not to do that to replace the lenses. I decided to drill them out instead. I drilled several large holes into each of the lenses and then used a sanding bit on my Dremel to finish it all out (there was a lot of pink dust from this).

I had toyed around with the idea of using red lenses from glasses to fill in the eye holes, but I had a hard time seeing out of them and the light up feature was no good at all. I ended up using red plastic needlepoint canvas. I cut them into circles to fit the eye holes. The grid pattern looked pretty darn close to the on screen grid we see. I put them in place and used superglue in just a couple of spots to keep them in there. The great thing is that the lights still light up and look pretty good. Check out the video below (I also attached a picture of the needlepoint canvas that you can get from a craft/fabric store).

Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 10.13.17 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back