Hasbro Marvel Legends Star-Lord Mask and Mjolnir

Third party vendor from eBay, they asked for some serial number information on the helmet and purchase date. They're sending a packing slip and a new helmet.

Ordered mine Monday from Hasbro. I signed up for the email newsletter to get a 20% off discount code that I applied to the helmet ($83 and free shipping). The helmet showed up two days later and I couldn't be more happy with it.

I called hasbro and also have a return slip for the helmet too.

- - - Updated - - -
Gee2 did they say if you had to return yours first or were they shipping you a new one then you return yours? they wanted me to return mine and then if they had any they would ship it out or send me a refund.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't imagine there is one set of these lenses that aren't fogged in some way. Risu lens won't fare much better I bet. It seems to be the nature of the double lens. I'd love for a solution on swapping the lenses for something that will be clear (good vision I meant).

Ordered mine Monday from Hasbro. I signed up for the email newsletter to get a 20% off discount code that I applied to the helmet ($83 and free shipping). The helmet showed up two days later and I couldn't be more happy with it.

How did you get your 20% code? I went to hasbrotoyshop.com/ and signed up for the emails using the link at the top of the page (where it says "sign up for emails and get 20% off your next order") but I still haven't gotten any sort of code via email... Any help or hints would be appreciated!

Same thing I was told, but in the email body response they asked me to choose if I wanted a replacement or a refund, I told them a replacement. Just sent mine back, so we'll see...

I chatted with Hasbro yesterday. Sent me a label to send it back for replacement or equivalent product. Hopefully, this exchange pans out.

are the replacements going to have the same lenses? sorry, but if they have not put anything out or telling anyone on the phone that have changed the material, then aren't you going to get the same thing...just thinking out loud.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

are the replacements going to have the same lenses? sorry, but if they have not put anything out or telling anyone on the phone that have changed the material, then aren't you going to get the same thing...just thinking out loud.

I guess it's probably too much to assume that Hasbro knows that the replacement they will send me will have clean lenses. But, abangmuz was able to get fog-free lenses, so it's worth a shot. Chances are someone from the RPF will make a replacement piece with better vision, anyway.

How did you get your 20% code? I went to hasbrotoyshop.com/ and signed up for the emails using the link at the top of the page (where it says "sign up for emails and get 20% off your next order") but I still haven't gotten any sort of code via email... Any help or hints would be appreciated!

Habro sent an email with the discount code immediately after I signed up. Maybe check your email spam folder.

Normally I would agree, but I kindly brought to their attention in my email correspondence that it could be a safety issue (not that wearing a toy helmet isn't already...), so I would think they'll ensure the replacement is good to go for clean lenses. We'll see.

Just got mine from TRU. Very good, really impressed. If you turn off the bluetooth switch, the lights stay on until you turn them off.

Mine has foggy eyes, some rubbing with lens cleaner and a paper towel took some orange color out and helped a little, but I'm gonna try alcohol later. Smudging only seems to be on the outside at least.

I wonder what the heck is wrong with the lenses. Material? Assembly?

Too me it sort of looks like a off gassing issue. Sort of like what you see when superglue off gasses and collects on the residual oil on surfaces from fingerprints. Not sure if that makes sense... The off gassing from cyanoacrylate glues will collect on any residual skin oils - typically this manifests itself as frosted fingerprints especially on clear pieces. Use to happen all the time building models in architecture studio when I was in school.

Steve

- - - Updated - - -

I might swing by Toys-r-us this weekend and open all of them until I find a good one. It appears that there are some in the wild without issues.

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon have given me $39.99 partial refund because of the lens issue. As has been shown, the lenses could be replaced for something better and more accurate.

But the issues I have go beyond just the lenses. It's far too wide, certainly not 1:1 scale as advertised. I have an average sized head and its way too big for me, makes me look like a bobble head. I'm keeping my helmet but will likely use as a showpiece/bluetooth speaker for fun. Because of it being so wide theres no support on the sides of your head which means the full weight (and it's REALLY heavy) is all on my brow. This makes for very uncomfortable wearing. I appreciate its been sized so it can fit a large number of people with different sized heads but they really should have offered it in two sizes considering the price and weight of this product.

I'm going to order the Xcoser one for cosplaying and I'll repaint it more accurate.

DHNek_MW0AMkmOg.jpg large.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back