Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Oct 2014
    From
    WA state
    Aug 2, 2017, 1:13 PM - Re: Hasbro Marvel Legends Star-Lord Mask and Mjolnir #101

miles12 said: View Post
    I haven't had a problem having it pop out of place, it did take me way too long to realize that it locks on the track on the top of the helmet where you open and close it.
    if anyone is interested I put up some rough dimensional sizing shots on the definitive peter quill thread https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=219777&page=114 because I forgot this thread existed
    I know about locking the hinge correctly. The problem I am having...the gold tab that fits into the slot behind the ear to lock it into place keeps sliding out of the slot.
    From
    UK
    Aug 2, 2017, 1:39 PM - Re: Hasbro Marvel Legends Star-Lord Mask and Mjolnir #102

I think when this finally comes out over here in the UK and I get mine I'm just going to try and do a load of weathering to it. It still just looks too clean to me.
    From
    Madison, WI
    Aug 2, 2017, 1:59 PM - Re: Hasbro Marvel Legends Star-Lord Mask and Mjolnir #103

Now if only the Zune had bluetooth, lol. They didnt happen to stick an audio jack somewhere did they?
    From
    Iowa (Capt. Kirk's home state)
    Aug 2, 2017, 3:36 PM - Re: Hasbro Marvel Legends Star-Lord Mask and Mjolnir #104

Looks like your helmet doesn't have the smeared lenses like everyone elses. Lucky you!
    Aug 2, 2017, 6:07 PM - Re: Hasbro Marvel Legends Star-Lord Mask and Mjolnir #105

Solo said: View Post
    Looks like your helmet doesn't have the smeared lenses like everyone elses. Lucky you!
    Any pics of the smeared lense? Just wana know how it looks like

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    From
    Aug 2, 2017, 6:20 PM - Re: Hasbro Marvel Legends Star-Lord Mask and Mjolnir #106

abangmuz said: View Post
    Any pics of the smeared lense? Just wana know how it looks like

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    https://www.therpf.com/showthread.ph...=1#post4283965
    From
    Aug 2, 2017, 6:28 PM - Re: Hasbro Marvel Legends Star-Lord Mask and Mjolnir #107

So, is anyone else bothered that you can see the interior molding showing through the outside of the helmet? It bugs me. I feel like I need to coat the whole thing with a layer of resin or something and smooth it out. But, I guess it's $99, so...whatchyagonnado?
    Aug 2, 2017, 7:09 PM - Re: Hasbro Marvel Legends Star-Lord Mask and Mjolnir #108

Just got the star lord helmet
    For the price, build and paint quality is just ok, but add the leds and bluetooth speakers makes this helmet worth ithttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ee5edd0a12.jpg
    So the eyes on yours look perfect - and much shinier I might add... What gives? Is there some sort of protective film on them that needs to be removed I'm not aware of?

Cheers
    Steven
    Aug 2, 2017, 8:01 PM - Re: Hasbro Marvel Legends Star-Lord Mask and Mjolnir #109

Oh wow that looks bad. My friend has bought his and doesn't have this problem. Hope it's an isolated bunch

So, is anyone else bothered that you can see the interior molding showing through the outside of the helmet? It bugs me. I feel like I need to coat the whole thing with a layer of resin or something and smooth it out. But, I guess it's $99, so...whatchyagonnado?
    Yeah could really see it at certain light angles, but you get what you paid for I guess

mluder said: View Post
    So the eyes on yours look perfect - and much shinier I might add... What gives? Is there some sort of protective film on them that needs to be removed I'm not aware of?

Cheers
    Steven
    I'm not sure, I assumed this is how it all came. Those who have the smear can't it be cleared off my any solvents?
    From
    Aug 2, 2017, 8:53 PM - Re: Hasbro Marvel Legends Star-Lord Mask and Mjolnir #110

Oh wow that looks bad. My friend has bought his and doesn't have this problem. Hope it's an isolated bunch

Yeah could really see it at certain light angles, but you get what you paid for I guess

I'm not sure, I assumed this is how it all came. Those who have the smear can't it be cleared off my any solvents?
    I only tried with lens cleaner pads and no dice. Don't want to use anything too harsh on them or won't be able to see through em at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aug 3, 2017, 3:01 AM - Re: Hasbro Marvel Legends Star-Lord Mask and Mjolnir #111

I only tried with lens cleaner pads and no dice. Don't want to use anything too harsh on them or won't be able to see through em at all.

As long as it isn't coming from inside the lens then most likely it can be removed. Could be an overspray of matt coating, need a stronger solvent for that
  12. RPF Premium Member hebrewersfan's Avatar
    Aug 3, 2017, 9:40 AM - Re: Hasbro Marvel Legends Star-Lord Mask and Mjolnir #112

All the talk about the dirty lenses had me worried, just got mine...and yep, foggy/dirty as all hell
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender (38).jpg 
Views:	486 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	748847
  13. RPF Premium Member FastballSpecial's Avatar
    Aug 3, 2017, 11:06 AM - Re: Hasbro Marvel Legends Star-Lord Mask and Mjolnir #113

hebrewersfan said: View Post
    All the talk about the dirty lenses had me worried, just got mine...and yep, foggy/dirty as all hell

Name:	FullSizeRender (38).jpg 
Views:	486 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	748847
    Can you clean it?
  14. RPF Premium Member hebrewersfan's Avatar
    Aug 3, 2017, 11:08 AM - Re: Hasbro Marvel Legends Star-Lord Mask and Mjolnir #114

FastballSpecial said: View Post
    Can you clean it?
    Not sure, Ill have to look into what other people have said, I looked it up on amazon and one of the reviews says that red dye came off when he was trying to clean it. Not planning on using it until Halloween so I have some time I suppose.
  15. Coldhands RPF Premium Member Sundowner's Avatar
    From
    Midwest
    Aug 3, 2017, 11:10 AM - Re: Hasbro Marvel Legends Star-Lord Mask and Mjolnir #115

I got shipping notice today so I'll report on the lens condition soon
  16. RPF Premium Member hebrewersfan's Avatar
    Aug 3, 2017, 11:27 AM - Re: Hasbro Marvel Legends Star-Lord Mask and Mjolnir #116

This is from that Amazon review:
    "These lenses are coated in some weird stuff. The first time I tried them on I at first thought they instantly fogged up. So I took a cotton swob and found out these things are bleeding red dye. (pics provided)"

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	469 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	748931
    Aug 3, 2017, 12:31 PM - Re: Hasbro Marvel Legends Star-Lord Mask and Mjolnir #117

So everyone jumped on the Starlord helmet, great photos sad about the lenses, but none went for Mjolnir?
  18. RPF Premium Member hebrewersfan's Avatar
    Aug 3, 2017, 12:35 PM - Re: Hasbro Marvel Legends Star-Lord Mask and Mjolnir #118

Fly4v said: View Post
    So everyone jumped on the Starlord helmet, great photos sad about the lenses, but none went for Mjolnir?
    I seen a pretty decent review on Mjolnir from the SSC Forum

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/fo...=1#post9386713
    Aug 3, 2017, 12:41 PM - Re: Hasbro Marvel Legends Star-Lord Mask and Mjolnir #119

Fly4v said: View Post
    Haven't posted about it because it hasn't gotten here yet! It is supposed to arrive today.
    From
    Aug 3, 2017, 12:47 PM - Re: Hasbro Marvel Legends Star-Lord Mask and Mjolnir #120

This is from that Amazon review:
    "These lenses are coated in some weird stuff. The first time I tried them on I at first thought they instantly fogged up. So I took a cotton swob and found out these things are bleeding red dye. (pics provided)"

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	469 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	748931
    Yeah I noticed that when I tried to clean mine with lens wipes.

Aug 3, 2017, 4:54 PM - Re: Hasbro Marvel Legends Star-Lord Mask and Mjolnir #121

I seen a pretty decent review on Mjolnir from the SSC Forum

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/fo...=1#post9386713
    Thanks! Too much toy not enough replica for display, ouch. Guess it was good I had to cancel the pre-order.
    Aug 4, 2017, 6:45 AM - Re: Hasbro Marvel Legends Star-Lord Mask and Mjolnir #122

A short demo on the bluetooth speakers and LED
    Overall quality is not bad as to be expected for the price, and the speakers are located at the mouth section so it does not blast at your ears when you wear it.

23. RPF Premium Member hebrewersfan's Avatar
    Aug 5, 2017, 12:35 AM - Re: Hasbro Marvel Legends Star-Lord Mask and Mjolnir #123

Not sure what the best course of action is, wondering if someone can offer a solution for the lenses or maybe I can enlist someone willing to do it. I'm fairly inept at DIY so I'd definitely be interested if anyone is offering a fix.
  24. Coldhands RPF Premium Member Sundowner's Avatar
    From
    Midwest
    Aug 5, 2017, 6:59 AM - Re: Hasbro Marvel Legends Star-Lord Mask and Mjolnir #124

Same with my lens. They were fogged with fingerprints on them

Name:	IMG_1079.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	2.22 MB 
ID:	749437Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1080.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	2.01 MB 
ID:	749438
  25. Member Since
    Jan 2014
    Aug 5, 2017, 9:13 AM - Re: Hasbro Marvel Legends Star-Lord Mask and Mjolnir #125

A user on here called Risu makes lens sets for Star Lord helmets. Check the Project Runs pages.