Hasbro Marvel Legends Star-Lord Mask and Mjolnir

If it is an off-gassing issue, say from super glue. I'm pretty sure goof off or one of those cirtus type products, normally used to remove sticker residue and such gets rid of that fog effect. might want to try that if alcohol isn't doing anything.

See my post on page 7 using Novus #2 Plastic Polish.

I have a Star-Lord Helmet with the foggy lenses like everyone else. I tried all the normal things everyone else tried to no avail. Then I went through my Stormtrooper kit and pulled out the NOVUS #2 fine scratch remover.
View attachment 752620
I tried it on one of the lenses and there was a huge improvement with just a little bit used. I might try a few more rounds, but for now I call that a success!

Before...View attachment 752618 After...View attachment 752619

Thanks for the tip. I just ordered some from Amazon. Hopefully it will take out the scratches I added when I tried an incredibly small amount of toothpaste (which actually did remove the hazing). As a complete noob, what's the best way to apply the polish, with a microfiber towel?

Just got my Novus #2 delivered, now the long wait until I'm done with work so I can try it out. But to echo the above post, was also wondering what the best way to apply it was? Thanks!

K, so here's my update on the NOVUS #2, I think it worked pretty well. I can actually see out of it, which was borderline impossible before, so any improvement is a good thing in my book.

I just used cotton swabs and put a little on the end and followed the instructions, applying in a circular motion until dry and buffing with a tissue, nothing special.

Here's a before and after with flash
IMG_4306.JPGIMG_4310.JPG

The difference is very noticeable when the eyes are lit. I think this will suffice for me for Halloween.
IMG_4312.JPG

Thanks again for the suggestion on NOVUS!

Thanks for the tip. I just ordered some from Amazon. Hopefully it will take out the scratches I added when I tried an incredibly small amount of toothpaste (which actually did remove the hazing). As a complete noob, what's the best way to apply the polish, with a microfiber towel?

Just got my Novus #2 delivered, now the long wait until I'm done with work so I can try it out. But to echo the above post, was also wondering what the best way to apply it was? Thanks!

I just use a paper towel or a bit of old cloth. The lenses bleed red so be prepared to throw away whatever you use.

K, so here's my update on the NOVUS #2, I think it worked pretty well. I can actually see out of it, which was borderline impossible before, so any improvement is a good thing in my book.

I just used cotton swabs and put a little on the end and followed the instructions, applying in a circular motion until dry and buffing with a tissue, nothing special.

Here's a before and after with flash
View attachment 753580View attachment 753581

The difference is very noticeable when the eyes are lit. I think this will suffice for me for Halloween.
View attachment 753582

Thanks again for the suggestion on NOVUS!

Awesome, thanks for the update! My Novus is being delivered today, so I'm looking forward to trying this tonight.

I just use a paper towel or a bit of old cloth. The lenses bleed red so be prepared to throw away whatever you use.

Ah yes, I forgot about the bleed. Thanks for the reminder.

After using Novus 2 scratch remover a couple times the lenses were notably cleaner. I also used some Novus 1 plastic clean and shine (blue label). It works great with the scratch remover and really seemed to finish up the job.

After using Novus 2 scratch remover a couple times the lenses were notably cleaner. I also used some Novus 1 plastic clean and shine (blue label). It works great with the scratch remover and really seemed to finish up the job.

I polished the lenses in my helmet last night with the Novus 2 and while it definitely removed the extreme hazing that was there out of the box, it's still not perfect. Afterwards I wondered if the Novus 1 would be of any help, and lo and behold, you've already used it and reported back that it does! Thanks for the info - I just ordered some.

Damn, I knew I should have ordered the Novus 1 & 2 instead of just the 2 haha, I'll pick up some of the 1 as well and give that a try because like you said, it was improved with the 2 but not perfect, so a little more improvement would go a long way. Thanks for the heads up.

I have a Mjölnir...the scale seems off to me, like its 5-10% too big.

Oof....can you post some pics? It is supposed to be 100% 1:1 scale which is scaled for Chris Hemsworth...so could just be big for regular folk lol

but yeh if you got pics that would be sweet :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Concerning Star Lord helmet and returns to Hasbro:

I spoke with a customer service rep through Hasbro's chat, he had USPS send me a shipping label, I shipped my helmet back 2 weeks ago and have heard nothing back from Hasbro of status. All I know is that it was delivered successfully. I've since sent 2 emails to customer service this week about it. How long is it supposed to take to get some service after you return something, Hasbro?!

Has anyone tried Nevr-Dull? I bought it to polish my Blade Runner blaster grips. Is it similar to the Novus products?

Cheers
Steve

Has anyone tried Nevr-Dull? I bought it to polish my Blade Runner blaster grips. Is it similar to the Novus products?

Cheers
Steve

Looking at the product info on the Nevr-Dull website, it's for metals only. And looking at the SDS, it contains petroleum products that I would expect to mar plastic. The Novus 2 and 3 polishes both also contain some petroleum products, but not the exact same stuff that's in the Nevr-Dull. They manage to polish the plastic via abrasive materials added to each - silica in 2 and clays + aluminum oxide in 3.

Looking at the product info on the Nevr-Dull website, it's for metals only. And looking at the SDS, it contains petroleum products that I would expect to mar plastic. The Novus 2 and 3 polishes both also contain some petroleum products, but not the exact same stuff that's in the Nevr-Dull. They manage to polish the plastic via abrasive materials added to each - silica in 2 and clays + aluminum oxide in 3.

Interesting because the Nevr-Dull was suggested as a way to polish the orange grips by a well known Blade Runner blaster builder.
Probably should play it save and use the Novus stuff.

Cheers
Steve

Ok so the helmet looks good minus a few tweaks...but anyone got the Hammer yet? I want to see what the scale is like...

Yeah, it's much larger than any of the other hammers I have (the Legends is in the middle; the old Factory X is on the right and a random replica from eBay on the left. The eBay one seems in line with the other replicas produced by eFX and the others):

hammers-top.jpghammers-bottom.jpg

Yeah, it's much larger than any of the other hammers I have (the Legends is in the middle; the old Factory X is on the right and a random replica from eBay on the left. The eBay one seems in line with the other replicas produced by eFX and the others):

View attachment 754201View attachment 754202

Do you have the efx replica? I'd say it's not large just true 1:1 scale from this pics as all other replicas I've come across that say they are 1:1 scale really aren't...

I've seen pics of the efx which is made from the same molds as the avengers Mjolnir used in the film and it's much bigger than others...so yeah I'd say this is true to the original and actually 1:1 scale then :)

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have the efx replica? I'd say it's not large just true 1:1 scale from this pics as all other replicas I've come across that say they are 1:1 scale really aren't...

I've seen pics of the efx which is made from the same molds as the avengers Mjolnir used in the film and it's much bigger than others...so yeah I'd say this is true to the original and actually 1:1 scale then :)

View attachment 754201View attachment 754202

And it's looks bloody sweet!!! So stoked as I've ordered mine and it should arrive next week!!! :)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back