The Last Jedi Graflex Research - Spoilers inside!

ARKM, could you please do the broken graflex as well?

Envoyé de mon SM-T800 en utilisant Tapatalk

I was gonna do that after the rain fight and the throne room fight but since it will be a lot easier to do than those, sure. I'll get on that much later today.

This stunt saber (and how blatant they are with it some shots) makes me wonder if the original intention was to cover it with CG, and the parts like the buttons, etc. were just to make it easier to match up. And then somehow actually covering it got overlooked or just decided by someone that is wasn't necessary.

This stunt saber (and how blatant they are with it some shots) makes me wonder if the original intention was to cover it with CG, and the parts like the buttons, etc. were just to make it easier to match up. And then somehow actually covering it got overlooked or just decided by someone that is wasn't necessary.

Probably, everything else was CG cover up work. I wouldn’t put them past it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, here is the broken Graflex in 4k by request.

Note: All pics are clickable. Once you click on them, you will need to click the image again on the new page that opens and then open that image in a new tab. Then in that new tab, click on the image again to view it at it's full 4K size.

Left and Top sections are unaltered from the source. Right and Bottom have had levels adjusted in Photoshop.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are five pics that best show the crystal in the top half of the Graflex saber.

Next up, Rain fight.

Last edited:
The last two. It's not attached to the post, and the back end isn't actually touching the box either. I'd highlight it but I'm on mobile right now.

The lines on the circuit board (sorry, I forget the technical name - traces?) are floating above the card too. Look all the way at the right side.

If you follow the instructions in my post to view the pics in their full 4k size, you will see that the lever is not floating and is attached to the clamp box. As for that last trace of the card, I think that it is attached to the part of the card that slides into the clamp's edges. In other words, it's connected to the part of the card is always covered by the clamp. I believe they made it that way to simulate damage to it. Dang good job too IMHO. Little details like that make for a good prop.

Last edited:
Well it is possible considering the bottom half of the saber in the last 4 pics is completely different than the one she's holding in the pic right above the last 4. *shrugs*

I think they probably took what she is holding in the above pic and altered the closeup to match what we see when it first breaks in half.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back