The Last Jedi Graflex Research - Spoilers inside!

Okay, sorry, I don't know how the spurious thumbnails showed up in my previous post and I can't figure out how to delete them. So, please ignore. (Computers)

Here are the rest of the Graflex pics:

IMG_2213.jpgIMG_2216.jpgIMG_2222.jpgIMG_2212.jpgIMG_2214.jpgIMG_2215.jpg

Last edited:
Another thing to mention Seth is the glass eye in TLJ, has more knurling removed then the graflex in TFA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure this was talked about when TFA came out, but why did they take knurling off of the eye? Kinda seems like a pointless change.

I'm sure this was talked about when TFA came out, but why did they take knurling off of the eye? Kinda seems like a pointless change.

Nobody knows, but the speculation at the time was to homage the ring around the copper eye on the ROTS skinnyflex. It's as good a theory as any.

I think it’s just to add their own personal touch... like a signature

Or probably just to screw with us...

As story wise goes.. the new canon made lightsabers highly valuable and were collected by many rich people.

All lightsabers were collected after the clone war and burned in a big ceremony, the emperor made them all illegal and to surrender them to the empire if found..

I think through out the 30 years things wore out, or broke in the cloud city basement... and who ever found it, tweaked it a little bit

Who knows maybe the glass eye is some kind of fuse... and they found a new one that looks close... grips were falling off, so they riveted them down

Just stuff I come up with in my head to calm myself down when we see big changes like this on Props lol

All lightsabers were collected after the clone war and burned in a big ceremony, the emperor made them all illegal and to surrender them to the empire if found..

I know this is anal semantics but that's not entirely correct. It wasn't all. It was just a handful from the massacre at the Jedi Temple alongside with Yoda's lightsaber which he lost during his duel with Palpatine. While yes, lightsabers did become rare after the end of the Clone Wars I don't recall there being an official canon statement on the Empire's policy regarding lightsabers during that time. While it's logical to presume that they were declared illegal and most likely they were, again there's no official canon source at this time stating such.

That particular event (the ceremonial burning), BTW, comes from the first issue of the second ongoing Darth Vader comic from Marvel. You can find it within the graphic novel, Star Wars: Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith Vol. 1: Imperial Machine.

And for the record, I'm not trying to be a jerk here and I hope I'm not coming off as such but in the best interest I feel it's always good to be correct about this stuff. As for the prop side as to why the pointless change, we'll probably never know unless someone officially or unofficially comes out and clarifies. IMHO, I just think they either did it 'cause they wanted to.

I know this is anal semantics but that's not entirely correct. It wasn't all. It was just a handful from the massacre at the Jedi Temple alongside with Yoda's lightsaber which he lost during his duel with Palpatine. While yes, lightsabers did become rare after the end of the Clone Wars I don't recall there being an official canon statement on the Empire's policy regarding lightsabers during that time. While it's logical to presume that they were declared illegal and most likely they were, again there's no official canon source at this time stating such.

That particular event (the ceremonial burning), BTW, comes from the first issue of the second ongoing Darth Vader comic from Marvel. You can find it within the graphic novel, Star Wars: Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith Vol. 1: Imperial Machine.

And for the record, I'm not trying to be a jerk here and I hope I'm not coming off as such but in the best interest I feel it's always good to be correct about this stuff. As for the prop side as to why the pointless change, we'll probably never know unless someone officially or unofficially comes out and clarifies. IMHO, I just think they either did it 'cause they wanted to.

Not coming off as a jerk at all, I followed a few guys on YouTube, and I distinctly remember Star Wars explained talking about lightsabers, how they are illegal and to be surrendered to the empire

I also remember them talking about how the very wealthy collected them.

I have not read this, but use these youtubers (Alex @ Star Wars explained, supendous wave, Star Wars theory) to stay up to date with Star Wars canon

Since I can’t afford to buy every single comic or book

U didn’t come off as a jerk at all ;)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back