The Last Jedi Graflex Research - Spoilers inside!

Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - NOT missing rivets!

Isn't Martin offering them for far less than that?

U can get a normal 3d printed chassis of his for under 300. But I’d 100% metal chassis which was recently released was close to a grand once you purchase everything

holy mother of........., maybe it wasn't a typo after all

anyway, I wouldn't spend that much on a car.......... then again, at the height of the TFA Graflex frenzy, my car would probably be worth less then two Graflex flash :)

I believe it, “yoda” from fx sabers I think held the record before these guys with his saber selling for a little over 15k. That was back in 2015

These saber prices are bringing this to a whole new level

One other thing to think of is.. just because it’s this price doesn’t mean it’s going to sell

There has been a r2 on eBay for a long long time, it keeps selling around 55k... we don’t know why it keeps going up for auction and selling for roughly the same price... and then a few weeks later will show up again...

This is a crazy price for a lightsaber... I honestly don’t think I could do this. I feel like it’s super taking advantage of someone.

20k is a lot of money and I could really use it, but I don’t think I could sleep safe and sound at night knowing how much it would cost me, and how much I made off it

I’m not bad mouthing any of these guys selling these sabers. They are gorgeous! I just don’t think I could mentally handle it...

U can get a normal 3d printed chassis of his for under 300. But I’d 100% metal chassis which was recently released was close to a grand once you purchase everything

If that buyer would have checked Martin's site (graflexsaber.de), he/she could have bought it as a commission work for $1999 plus the price of a vintage Graflex! For $9999 even the deluxe version!

http://graflexsaber.portfoliobox.net/sabers

If that buyer would have checked Martin's site (graflexsaber.de), he/she could have bought it as a commission work for $1999 plus the price of a vintage Graflex! For $9999 even the deluxe version!

http://graflexsaber.portfoliobox.net/sabers

Yeah those prices I said is if you print them from shape ways. I have a friend who wanted me to put one together for him, and once we got the total for metals parts he said no way

I didn’t know Martin sold the stuff on his site, those prices are a hell of a deal compared to the eBay auctions

He needs to work on his English skills. 'The chassis is splitted.' Huh? Oh and graflex flash not included on all of those options. No thanks.

New HQ screenshots:
dUI6TLr.jpg
BtWkAP6.jpg

From this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p09c0MXDxto

Updated the gallery again, added lots of pictures http://graflexbank.com/viiigallery.html

Includes screenshots from the Star Wars Show, cam footage clips I've found, and the leaked Telecine version. Screenshots are whatever was the highest res for each scene, will keep updating when better versions are available

Current sabers:

Hero
Detailed FX Stunt - Graflex Based
Simplified FX Stunt
Simplified FX Stunt 2 - Silver Ring Bottom
Broken

Updated the gallery again, added lots of pictures http://graflexbank.com/viiigallery.html

Includes screenshots from the Star Wars Show, cam footage clips I've found, and the leaked Telecine version. Screenshots are whatever was the highest res for each scene, will keep updating when better versions are available

Current sabers:

Hero
Detailed FX Stunt - Graflex Based
Simplified FX Stunt
Simplified FX Stunt 2 - Silver Ring Bottom
Broken

beautiful!!! thanks for sharing!

1. The Graflex Bank is fantastic, so thank you!
2. When I saw the movie in theaters, I found myself really hoping that closer examination would reveal Luke's force-projection was actually holding the ANH version of his saber. Thought it'd make for a nice extra layer to the moment. Oh well :)

The glass eye looks so different... now with seeing it from a front on angle...

I tried taking a tgs glass eye, and turning down the knurling on my lathe

See how like... the space between the flash and the knurling. The silver part of the glass eye, see how much larger it is to the brass?

It also doesn’t have any threading like a vintage...

In order to get that silver part the same size as the brass ring, you have to take A LOT off the glass eye

Making it look like this

089d4443f1c52f2607923423911d2c8d.jpg

But now look at the inside of the glass eye.. it just doesn’t look like we see on screen
29d6ed8abdd2822dddeca5219dbc10d2.jpg

These glass eyes must be made completely different... if it were a vintage glass eye there would be threading visible in the space between the brass ring and flash..

This has been bothering me since I saw TLJ and just trying to find a explanation

Sorry if this post is all babble... I’m trying to explain something and don’t know how to get it out of my brain and down into my fingers to the keyboard...

Considering that's a stunt, I'd hazard a guess that the whole thing is fabricated. they might use a real red button, but I have a feeling there might not have been room for the real Glass Eye.

They may have made their own, Luke's stunt there seems to have a thin rim, not the thick brass ring of the TLJ/TFA Hero.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back